Here is our remaining schedule... | Syracusefan.com

Here is our remaining schedule...

RF2044

Living Legend
...10 games remaining in regular season. Can we get 8 [or perhaps more] out of the remaining games?

I think we can! Have to take care of business these next two games--get to 23-0 before our game @ the panthers.

Let's Go Orange!!!

MON FEBRUARY 3, 2014

7:00 P.M.
ACC

UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME
CARRIER DOME

SUN FEBRUARY 9, 2014

6:00 P.M.
ACC

CLEMSON UNIVERSITY
CARRIER DOME

WED FEBRUARY 12, 2014

ACC

AT UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH
PITTSBURGH, PA

SAT FEBRUARY 15, 2014

3:00 P.M.
ACC

NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY
CARRIER DOME

WED FEBRUARY 19, 2014

ACC

BOSTON COLLEGE
CARRIER DOME

logo_handler.ashx

SAT FEBRUARY 22, 2014

6:00 P.M.
ACC

AT DUKE UNIVERSITY
DURHAM, NC
CAMERON INDOOR STADIUM

logo_handler.ashx

MON FEBRUARY 24, 2014

ACC

AT UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND
COLLEGE PARK, MD

logo_handler.ashx

SAT MARCH 1, 2014

4:00 P.M.
ACC

AT UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
JPJ ARENA

logo_handler.ashx

TUE MARCH 4, 2014

ACC

GEORGIA TECH
CARRIER DOME

logo_handler.ashx

SUN MARCH 9, 2014

2:00 P.M.
ACC

AT FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY
TALLAHASSEE, FL

We need UVA to lose at Pitt and we need to win the game at UVA, that will give us room for 2 losses among the remaining games on our schedule.

I think there are four potential losses, but that would be hard to imagine. At Duke, at Virginia, at Pitt are the most likely losses. I could see us going anywhere from 3-0 to 0-3, honestly...neither one of those would surprise me. We SHOULD beat Virginia, but who knows? At Duke is obviously the most likely loss (I'm actually kind of expecting it, hate to say), and at Pitt is going to be incredibly tough as well. The other one is at FSU. I don't know why, but that one jumps out at me as a potential upset.

Agree with you jekelish. Those four road games are going to be tough. The Maryland game is sneaky too, since it's two days after Duke.

Agree with you jekelish. Those four road games are going to be tough. The Maryland game is sneaky too, since it's two days after Duke.

I think Maryland is the definition of a trap game, especially if we are coming off a loss at Cameron and need to win @UVa afterward.

But I understand it's already a sellout, which seems to me that means the crowd will definitely have a huge Orange contingent in it. Should be enough for us to win that game.

Cheers,
Neil

I didn't even think about it being two days after Duke, which is the one reason the Notre Dame game tomorrow worries me. The adrenaline and emotions from last night will hopefully not have wiped us out heading into tomorrow, and that's the same situation as that MD game. Both are dangerous games no one is really expecting us to lose for that reason.

I think there are four potential losses, but that would be hard to imagine. At Duke, at Virginia, at Pitt are the most likely losses. I could see us going anywhere from 3-0 to 0-3, honestly...neither one of those would surprise me. We SHOULD beat Virginia, but who knows? At Duke is obviously the most likely loss (I'm actually kind of expecting it, hate to say), and at Pitt is going to be incredibly tough as well. The other one is at FSU. I don't know why, but that one jumps out at me as a potential upset.

Earlier in the year I was worried about FSU, but they turn the ball over too much (over 20% of their possessions result in a turnover) to be a realistic threat. Could they still beat us? Sure, anything's possible. But they give up a lot of offensive rebounds and turn the ball over too much, imho.

Cheers,
Neil

We need UVA to lose at Pitt and we need to win the game at UVA, that will give us room for 2 losses among the remaining games on our schedule.

Spot on.

Earlier in the year I was worried about FSU, but they turn the ball over too much (over 20% of their possessions result in a turnover) to be a realistic threat. Could they still beat us? Sure, anything's possible. But they give up a lot of offensive rebounds and turn the ball over too much, imho.

Cheers,
Neil

Agreed--I don't see that as a game we lose. I mean--sure, we could lose it. And its a road game. But they are awful offensively and generate easy scores by applying relentless defensive pressure, turning the ball over, and getting easy baskets in transition. Limit that and make them play half court against the zone, and I like our chances against FSU in any game. A lot.

I didn't even think about it being two days after Duke, which is the one reason the Notre Dame game tomorrow worries me. The adrenaline and emotions from last night will hopefully not have wiped us out heading into tomorrow, and that's the same situation as that MD game. Both are dangerous games no one is really expecting us to lose for that reason.

ND is God-awful without Grant. We will obliterate them.

Man Virginia will be tough. They already have 8 offensive rebounds vs pitt.

actually thinking about flying down to see the duke game. i have some friends with tickets ... keep our mojo going yuppp #cuse nation

Just saw a graphic about ACC teams that had undefeated streaks at the beginning of a season. If we got 23-0 the only two that will be ahead of us were the 1957 UNC team that finished 32-0 national champs and the 1973 NC State team that was on probation and finished 27-0, (and then were 30-1 national champs the next year). Pretty good company.

Glad the ND game is at the Dome. Playing them in South Bend woulda been nervy.

that 3-game @ Duke @ Maryland and @ UVA stretch is just brutal