Here is some good news re: ACC Network | Syracusefan.com

Here is some good news re: ACC Network

That is so awesome, the ACC seems like it is really moving on things in a timely fashion. This conference is doing a good job positioning itself for a bright future. I remember the Big East, there was a lot to like there, but I can't recall a single instance of feeling like they knew what they were doing as an organization.

OrangeTarheel said:
That is so awesome, the ACC seems like it is really moving on things in a timely fashion. This conference is doing a good job positioning itself for a bright future. I remember the Big East, there was a lot to like there, but I can't recall a single instance of feeling like they knew what they were doing as an organization.

I know a lot ACC fanbases have issues with Swofford, but coming from a conference led by incompetents like Tranghese and Marinatto, I just feel confident that with him in charge the ACC will be fine and will generate enough revenue to compete with the SEC and B1G.

I know a lot ACC fanbases have issues with Swofford, but coming from a conference led by incompetents like Tranghese and Marinatto, I just feel confident that with him in charge the ACC will be fine and will generate enough revenue to compete with the SEC and B1G.
If I had to camp out the ACC fanbases on Swofford.

pro- UNC, UVA, Duke, VPI, Syracuse, BC, Wake, Louisville, Pitt, Miami
con- NC State(hate him the most because of his connection to UNC), Florida State, Clemson, Georgia Tech

Swofford knows what he is doing.

Gary Fineout ‏@fineout
FSU AD Stan Wilcox tells #FSU trustees that ACC is in "negotiations" with ESPN to create ACC network. "It will happen," he says

The second the ACC announces its plans for an ACC Network to quote Kaiser "the Big Bevo" will be on the clock.

Confirmation:

Afternoon all...the whispers from the "STEALTH" side appear to be making noise that is being heard. Importantly, the following should be noted:
1. Florida State Board of Trustees are not the only board to be told of the negotiations that are ongoing for The ACCnetwork
2. An announcement of The ACCnetwork is probably within 6 months...and the target remains 2016 as previously discussed--it could be earlier but thinking is to do it right may need a until '16.
3. The ACCnetwork will include a significant digital/streaming component that no other conference network has at this time. In fact, Raycom appears to be playing a major roll in what is to be born
4. Funding will come from the Maryland payout as well as investment from the ACC and ESPN

Now here is where the interesting aspects come into play:
A. Notre Dame has limited scheduling no more than 4-5 games outside of ACC beginning 2017--at this time
B. ESPN has discussed the potential of an ACC/SEC package of games exceeding the number presently scheduled--you should take note of ACC-SEC games being scheduled
C. ESPN has floated the idea of a possible association of the ACC and SEC networks--bring football, bball, and other olympic sports that both conferences play well to build content across the board--more to come soon.

Here is one of the first articles to elevate the whispers:

http://rubbingtherock.com/2014/11/21/acc-network-espn-on-the-way/

I will bring you more as the spin flows toward public knowledge. As indicated in August:

"As previously discussed, the whispers continue concerning the upcoming ACCnetwork. As those whispers become louder, so does the belief that in early 2016 the final decision will be made. As indicated in a article by David Teel last evening with VT AD Babcock:

"Fans often ask me when they can expect the ACC to launch such a project, and Babcock said he expects a yes-or-no decision within 18 months.

“That SEC Network is really impressive,” he said. “I believe even before they launched they had more households than ESPNU. … I think in some respects we need to root for the SEC Network to do well because ESPN will have the template and we can follow it in 2016.
Additionally, the following list is being checked:

• SEC network successful--to date it has gained carriage necessary to be successful
  • ACC signed the GOR--signed
  • Univ. Maryland lawsuit -- finalized
  • ACC football continues it upward swing...this season important
  • No major change in TV viewership takes place in next 2 years nor is projected over next 10 years
My belief, as documented previously, is not if the ACCnetwork happens but when...bet on 2016-2017 at latest to be aired.

It's Good to be 'Cuse!! The Order of the 'Cuse Orange..
arbitragegls, Aug 22, 2014EditDeleteReport

Gary Fineout ‏@fineout
FSU AD Stan Wilcox tells #FSU trustees that ACC is in "negotiations" with ESPN to create ACC network. "It will happen," he says

The second the ACC announces its plans for an ACC Network to quote Kaiser "the Big Bevo" will be on the clock.

Who would the ACC like to bring in with Texas? Notre Dame, or Oklahoma? I'd like to see Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, TCU.

Alsacs said:

con- NC State(hate him the most because of his connection to UNC), Florida State, Clemson, Georgia Tech

Syracuse, Pitt and Louisville fans definitely love him.

I've never seen the animus from GT. FSU fans seem more content with him than they used to be. Though they have no business complaining about officiating this year.

I've never seen the animus from GT. FSU fans seem more content with him than they used to be. Though they have no business complaining about officiating this year.
The FB schools didn't like the idea of UConn and another BB school. FSU/Tech/Clemson didn't like how BB centric the ACC was. Now some of those problems have been alievated but they still don't trust Swofford like the other schools.

Clempsum fans hate him from a probation edict from the early 80's

Who would the ACC like to bring in with Texas? Notre Dame, or Oklahoma? I'd like to see Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, TCU.
Offer Texas the Notre Dame and you destroy the B12. Texas could play 5 ACC, OU, 3 Texas schools, 3 TBAs keep the Longhorn network, Oklahoma/Oklahoma State to the SEC, Kansas/UConn to the Big Ten and everyone wins.

Arb or anyone else, any prediction what the numbers look like with the addition of a network? I realize this is more or less a guess...

Offer Texas the Notre Dame and you destroy the B12. Texas could play 5 ACC, OU, 3 Texas schools, 3 TBAs keep the Longhorn network, Oklahoma/Oklahoma State to the SEC, Kansas/UConn to the Big Ten and everyone wins.
Sounds good except UConn can rot. Also, hilarious if the B1G adds Kansas. Water down their overrated football and academics even more.

accept the Big Ten (at least on the Football field)

I think John Swofford has done a good job with what he has had to work with as well as Gene Corrigan before him. The ACC in 1990 was sitting there as a basketball conference, and it was thought of as such. When the landscape shifted rapidly to football, Corrigan starting with Florida State and Swofford with the other additions transformed the ACC into a conference that can fit right in there with the other traditional football conferences. Some in the SEC might not agree with me, but for the ACC to be in the conversation is amazing and not just a coincidence. While doing all of this the ACC has continued to maintain a basketball cache. I'm impressed.

The fan bases that don't like John Swofford are those that think the ACC is too North Carolina school centric. He is the face of UNC for some. Plus Clemson fans hold a grudge over the 1982 sanctions when the NCAA sanctioned Clemson for two years and the ACC added a third year. John Swofford was UNC Athletic Director at the time, and they think he was the one that pushed for the extra year of sanctions. Swofford denies it, but they don't believe him. All of this notwithstanding, I think he's done an admirable job. There is more work to be done, but so far so good.

Confirmation:

Afternoon all...the whispers from the "STEALTH" side appear to be making noise that is being heard. Importantly, the following should be noted:
1. Florida State Board of Trustees are not the only board to be told of the negotiations that are ongoing for The ACCnetwork
2. An announcement of The ACCnetwork is probably within 6 months...and the target remains 2016 as previously discussed--it could be earlier but thinking is to do it right may need a until '16.
3. The ACCnetwork will include a significant digital/streaming component that no other conference network has at this time. In fact, Raycom appears to be playing a major roll in what is to be born
4. Funding will come from the Maryland payout as well as investment from the ACC and ESPN

Now here is where the interesting aspects come into play:
A. Notre Dame has limited scheduling no more than 4-5 games outside of ACC beginning 2017--at this time
B. ESPN has discussed the potential of an ACC/SEC package of games exceeding the number presently scheduled--you should take note of ACC-SEC games being scheduled
C. ESPN has floated the idea of a possible association of the ACC and SEC networks--bring football, bball, and other olympic sports that both conferences play well to build content across the board--more to come soon.

Here is one of the first articles to elevate the whispers:

http://rubbingtherock.com/2014/11/21/acc-network-espn-on-the-way/

I will bring you more as the spin flows toward public knowledge. As indicated in August:

"As previously discussed, the whispers continue concerning the upcoming ACCnetwork. As those whispers become louder, so does the belief that in early 2016 the final decision will be made. As indicated in a article by David Teel last evening with VT AD Babcock:

"Fans often ask me when they can expect the ACC to launch such a project, and Babcock said he expects a yes-or-no decision within 18 months.

“That SEC Network is really impressive,” he said. “I believe even before they launched they had more households than ESPNU. … I think in some respects we need to root for the SEC Network to do well because ESPN will have the template and we can follow it in 2016.
Additionally, the following list is being checked:

• SEC network successful--to date it has gained carriage necessary to be successful
  • ACC signed the GOR--signed
  • Univ. Maryland lawsuit -- finalized
  • ACC football continues it upward swing...this season important
  • No major change in TV viewership takes place in next 2 years nor is projected over next 10 years
My belief, as documented previously, is not if the ACCnetwork happens but when...bet on 2016-2017 at latest to be aired.

arbitragegls, Aug 22, 2014EditDeleteReport

The whisper is going to be a roar soon...stay tuned on the "Stealth Side" but here are two additional clues to help you all get jumping:

1. Swofford was quoted recently as speaking to an 8 team College Football Tournament; but did no where was it reported that he also spoke to:
A. No realignment among P5 teams for at least 10 years or so
B. The ACC is being quietly aggressive in pursuing the ACCnetwork with ESPN
--remember the NINJA does not let things out-of-the bag until he is ready to announce (read the article)
http://www.heraldsun.com/breakingnews/x761892513/ACC-commissioner-Swofford-8-teams-ideal-for-playoff

2. The ACC-ESPN contract includes clause that if ACCnetwork is not up and running by 2017 ESPN will pay each ACC member $2,000,000...that is $28,000,000 given away
---include that with $30,000,000 from Maryland and you have a sizeable chunk of $$ to move onto starting the ACCnetwork

3. Raycom is presently paying ESPN over $50,000,000 for ACC content...and is taking THE ACC digital to leadership of the NET World
--regardless of what has been said, Raycom is going to play a key role in the ACCnetwork

Please contactt those in the know on the "Stealth Side" to join (see posters above)--its a club not payment for although the fee is steep--to learn more...or continue to read this board with the best group of posters on the internet...

Did you just call Tranghese an incompetent? A commissioner that got 20 years out of land mines and spears chucked at it during his whole reign. Is there a " I hate this post" button somewhere?

Other than the B1G recognizing how undervalued the market was in the mid-2000's and acting accordingly (i.e. jumping on the network train *right* before a hot market), it isn't clear to me why everyone is so enamored with conference networks. All it does is shift the risk/reward equation. Once the market cools down, they're going to be hit hard. As I see it, networks are only profitable (relative to the alternative of contracts with established channels) in rising markets. What, specifically, is the value add?

accept the Big Ten (at least on the Football field)
I'm not sure how the B1G would win in any material was in that scenario. I guess B1G basketball would be really good. That's pretty much the only "win."

Why? TCU would be a terrible add. OSU would be a bad add. OU has football cache so I'll look the other way. Otherwise, it would be a terrible add.

Texas, though, would be a HUGE add.*That* would be great.

If we can get 2 more games out of ND and 7 games out of Texas and thus move to a 9 game schedule (the current 8 plus ND/Texas), then we win at realignment. Period.

Texas can bring in any 2 schools they want. I'm thinking they grab Baylor and either TCU or Tech.

Did you just call Tranghese an incompetent? A commissioner that got 20 years out of land mines and spears chucked at it during his whole reign. Is there a " I hate this post" button somewhere?

Tranghese, who quit and saddled the Big East with Marinatto because he knew the BE was going to blow up? That Mike Tranghese?

www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2011-10-06/mike-tranghese-retired-rather-than-deal-with-fragile-big-east

The Mike Tranghese who oversaw a basketball schedule that saw us not play UConn in one season and St. Jphn's in another? Or the Mike Tranghese who admitted in retrospect he should have worked harder to get us a bowl game in 1994 after a 7-4 season? The guy who did nothing to address Miami's longstanding issues with the conference? Or the Mike Tranghese that called the ACC trying to pawn off his football conference?

Which one of the versions of Mike Tranghese is the competent one?

Tranghese, who quit and saddled the Big East with Marinatto because he knew the BE was going to blow up? That Mike Tranghese?

www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2011-10-06/mike-tranghese-retired-rather-than-deal-with-fragile-big-east

The Mike Tranghese who oversaw a basketball schedule that saw us not play UConn in one season and St. Jphn's in another? Or the Mike Tranghese who admitted in retrospect he should have worked harder to get us a bowl game in 1994 after a 7-4 season? The guy who did nothing to address Miami's longstanding issues with the conference? Or the Mike Tranghese that called the ACC trying to pawn off his football conference?

Which one of the versions of Mike Tranghese is the competent one?
Don't forget he also took money from Memphis after retiring to be a consultant to get them into the Big East.
The 1980s Big East was great before football money necessitated creating a football conference. The Big East was beyond incompetent at the leadership position. The fact that all the Commissioners were Providence College guys who protected them is ridiculous. PC got more home games with Syracuse/UConn than any other Catholic school after the BE expanded.
Tranghese was better than Marianatto but the BE leadership was terrible and Tranghese left before blood came out.