Here is the answer to why Boeheim will not retire soon | Syracusefan.com

Here is the answer to why Boeheim will not retire soon

Crap. I tried to upload a gif of the moment I think you are referring to. But it appears gifs have been considered images non grata here. I get the following message - The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

temery - is that true? Were they eating up too much bandwidth?

Crap. I tried to upload a gif of the moment I think you are referring to. But it appears gifs have been considered images non grata here. I get the following message - The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

temery - is that true? Were they eating up too much bandwidth?

Nope. The use of GIFs was being abused.

I also think he acted as such due to it being Pitt. JB seems to get a long great with the good guys of college hoops ( K, Roy, Fisher, etc etc). I trust his judgment and see him as a really great human being for all he does for CVC and the JAJ foundation. The fact he takes so much pride and joy in beating pitt through these subtle moments of emotion he shows tells me Dixon isn't one of those good guys. I think he personally is a d&ck and seems that way in his post game handshakes. The fact he has to win the way his teams do vs getting top notch recruits could be a sign of a personality issue that turns off potential recruits as well.

It is that he is just so excited with such a big smile on his face, and his arms up in the air, running down the sidelines. The picture of a man who loves the moment. If he still is having those moments, even if it is for that huge Ennis shot, than he is having too much fun to retire. That was my first reaction when I saw the video. It was like I "get it" Jim. I know why you love doing this. This from a man who does not often show his emotion like this.

my understanding is that JB has to be an active coach to get a spot on the Olympic coaching staff so I guess we're stuck with him ;) at least through 2015-16.

No_fun_zone.jpg

I also think he acted as such due to it being Pitt. JB seems to get a long great with the good guys of college hoops ( K, Roy, Fisher, etc etc). I trust his judgment and see him as a really great human being for all he does for CVC and the JAJ foundation. The fact he takes so much pride and joy in beating pitt through these subtle moments of emotion he shows tells me Dixon isn't one of those good guys. I think he personally is a d&ck and seems that way in his post game handshakes. The fact he has to win the way his teams do vs getting top notch recruits could be a sign of a personality issue that turns off potential recruits as well.

I don't know what JB thinks of Dixon personally, but I would be willing to bet that his reaction to a win against Pitt has a lot more to do with the fact that they've probably had more success against us than any other program in recent history. If there is one thing that we all know about JB it is that he HATES to lose. The fact that Dixon has a terrific record against JB probably pisses JB off more than it pisses us off....and I know it pisses me off a LOT.

As to the reaction last night...well, how could one not be excited to come out on the winning end of that game in the fashion that we did.

Last edited:
I just think this team is more enjoyable for him to coach. He just seems less stressed out this year. Maybe it is just the winning!

He will certainly be in the discussion in 2016 if he leaves this year, but he won't be the automatic pick he has been slated to be. Too many other coaches would jump at the job. And his performance at his new school will come into play.

dixon was born in 1965. hopkins in 70. dixon already has ten years HC experience and 282 wins. hopkins 0. time does become a factor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom