here we go | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

here we go

Nancy leaving has started much of this. I just read a post about the good doc being on the market as well as HCDM. I believe this to be true. As all of us know when a new Nancy comes to town change is going to happen. Dont be too surprised if JB doesnt work very hard behind the big blue curtain to make sure that Hop is taken care of and protected. Doug will leave if he can period. I for one never really felt that the big balogne was that great of a coach but did feel and post that he was a very good CEO of a program which screams NFL. So good for Doug he is a good person and loves Syracuse. What does it really matter why he wants to leave the fact is he came here did a great job and it is his call for whatever reason. Same with Doc. Talk about an accomplishment Docs getting us into the ACC is up there in the Syracuse hall of fame. So if Doc wants to leave because his touch stone Nancy is going and he more than anyone at Syracuse knows what this means " Hi Jake love P keep P ok shoot P Doc" should be leaving before he is asked to by the new Nancy. All of this is really pretty simple. Most people including the big B and Doc like stability. Change is scary and when that scary is fueled by a BOT that cant find its way out of a paper bag with a flash light is leading you it becomes time to look out for yourself time. At the end of the day i say that both stay in the short term becausae i dont think that either one of them will have much of a chance to leave. In the end they will either both be awarded long term deals, leave next year, or be possibly be replaced by the new Nancy.
Are you a dooms day prepper? Stop the madness, Chicken Little.

As usual, you're post is soooo disjointed and contradictory it's impossible to figure out what you really think.

Are you related to Cybil?

Meds adjustment advised.

ugh... i also heard that doc was on the market too. heard he could be gone in the next few months.

i dont like this not knowing... luckily i dont think marrone is going to get hired anywhere this year.

Could be a few months Maybe longer but certainly less than a year. But on the market isn't how I would term it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Could be a few months Maybe longer but certainly less than a year. But on the market isn't how I would term it.

If you are implying what I think you are, I fear for this football programs future.

Lets face it the university is more likely to hire another Shaw then Cantor, and if you are honest Shaw , Jake didn't care that much for football, get a life, failure to work to update facilities when program was strong.

This must have something to do with Roger Springfield. ;)

Beginning to think that maybe it's fairly plain what is going on. Just hope Marrone doesn't brief the next coach on his way in.

This must have something to do with Roger Springfield. ;)

Beginning to think that maybe it's fairly plain what is going on. Just hope Marrone doesn't brief the next coach on his way in.

Not at all.

Why do I think that kcsu is writing these posts from behind the wheel of the u-haul he has idling in Marrone's driveway.

I mean he just can't wait for him to leave. I think he'll orgasm when it happens.
I will agree that i have felt we have all been more than a little jerked off over this situation but i have been told that my stamina and control in these matters is only second to my love for the big balogne. Actually i really hope that Doug stays. I think that he has grown into a good coach and if you read all of my post i believe you will find that i have been supportive. Pissed at times like this yes but overall i like Doug and feel as if he is the right guy with the right staff to lead us into the ACC. What was accomplished this year was nothing short of a miracle. If he had showns some passion from the beginning which i called for and if Hack had done a much better job game calling and if our special teams had been even decent we would have won two possibly three more games. Still to reverse the situation from the previous year when we had a complete melt down to go on a 6-1 run against some strong comp is really impressive. Add to this that Doug loves Syracuse and does things the right way and i truly do hope that he stays. Now on the other hand i hear that MayFlower is running a winter special on a complete pack and move just in case the big balogne wins the lotto and lands an NFL gig.

Lets face it the university is more likely to hire another Shaw then Cantor, and if you are honest Shaw , Jake didn't care that much for football, get a life, failure to work to update facilities when program was strong.

That's because, love her or hate her, there are few Nancy Cantors in higher education and a million Shaws.

One of the few like Cantor is ASU's Michael Crow who has his doctorate from SU. I'm hoping he's on the short list to replace her.

Cheers,
Neil

I will agree that i have felt we have all been more than a little jerked off over this situation but i have been told that my stamina and control in these matters is only second to my love for the big balogne. Actually i really hope that Doug stays. I think that he has grown into a good coach and if you read all of my post i believe you will find that i have been supportive. Pissed at times like this yes but overall i like Doug and feel as if he is the right guy with the right staff to lead us into the ACC. What was accomplished this year was nothing short of a miracle. If he had showns some passion from the beginning which i called for and if Hack had done a much better job game calling and if our special teams had been even decent we would have won two possibly three more games. Still to reverse the situation from the previous year when we had a complete melt down to go on a 6-1 run against some strong comp is really impressive. Add to this that Doug loves Syracuse and does things the right way and i truly do hope that he stays. Now on the other hand i hear that MayFlower is running a winter special on a complete pack and move just in case the big balogne wins the lotto and lands an NFL gig.

Pick a lane.

BTW, what he accomplished this year is not "nothing short of a miracle". It's the culmination of all the work, in your eyes obviously prior failure, that has been done over the prior three years. It's about what was expected. Nobody waived a wand and suddenly Marrone "grew" as a coach or Hackett got it. The difference this year was that the roster was deeper and was able to execute better and the running game finally got going.

As for the sideline demeanor he acted like a maniac at Cinci and lost. It might have helped push them over the top against USF and Missouri, but didn't have anything to do with the early losses. How he acted on the sideline had nothing to do with Mack making some big plays or Smith not jumping on the ball, and had nothing to do with USC's WR's and TE's running over the SU defense.

whoa...this is getting to be remarkably close to the WVU board. Rumor, inuendo, no real facts...c'mon team...lets get a grip. First, anyone who wants to leave will...for whatever reason...but the last couple of days we are getting to be the pushers...not reflective of what good has been done. I for one know more about whats going on in the ACC than at 'Cuse...but some of the recent threads go way over board...and frankly, I am quite surprised at the feeding zoo we have spawned.

You're right. It is getting kind of crazy and out of hand. Let the dust settle and see what transpires. I think we'll all know the truth by the time Monday rolls around.

Pick a lane.

BTW, what he accomplished this year is not "nothing short of a miracle". It's the culmination of all the work, in your eyes obviously prior failure, that has been done over the prior three years. It's about what was expected. Nobody waived a wand and suddenly Marrone "grew" as a coach or Hackett got it. The difference this year was that the roster was deeper and was able to execute better and the running game finally got going.

As for the sideline demeanor he acted like a maniac at Cinci and lost. It might have helped push them over the top against USF and Missouri, but didn't have anything to do with the early losses. How he acted on the sideline had nothing to do with Mack making some big plays or Smith not jumping on the ball, and had nothing to do with USC's WR's and TE's running over the SU defense.
wrong again. The running game didnt just get going Doug decided to focus on it. Hacket was horrible at play calling in some of our games and as the play calling got simplier he got better. Less to choose from. Did AAM suddenly become a better running back no he was suddenly used because of all of the failure that we had had in short goal line situations. The roster wasnt any deeper later in the season he just decided to use more of it. That is growing as a coach and if you think that young guys dont play harder and better when they are fired up vs having their coach at the end of the field in his own private idaho well you dont know much about motivation. Doug grew and he grew in large part because of his failure. If he hadnt been so stubborn earlier in his tenure he would have done better. His reluctance to change almost cost us again this year for if not for Nassib and the rest of the O begging we would never have gone to the fast tempo. Yes Doug set out a good plan one that did lay a solid foundation but to say that this was simply a baby being born nine months later is foolish. Doug learned his staff learned they adapted and changed and the result is that today HCDM is a much better coach than he was not only four years ago but six months ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom