Here's the difference between SU and Missouri this week | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Here's the difference between SU and Missouri this week

I bet you would have been more surprised if i said SU would trounce Louisville. Missouri got killed by those so called top ten teams except Florida who isn't exactly looking good lately. SU's defense seems to dominate poor offensive teams like Missouri. Offensively I don't think any one can stop SU right now, let's be honest. In case any one hasn't noticed the SEC is down this year. They are an offensively challenged league that is just brutal to watch.

Well, I can say I sincerely hope to eat crow and your 48-14 is accurate.

I'd say 95% of the population outside Syracuse still thinks Fine did it and don't care that charges were dropped or even know that they were.
And that's mostly due to that 95% relying on solely on ESPN for their sports news!

I bet you would have been more surprised if i said SU would trounce Louisville. Missouri got killed by those so called top ten teams except Florida who isn't exactly looking good lately. SU's defense seems to dominate poor offensive teams like Missouri. Offensively I don't think any one can stop SU right now, let's be honest. In case any one hasn't noticed the SEC is down this year. They are an offensively challenged league that is just brutal to watch.

Yeah Missouri got killed by most of the top ten teams they played, thats going to happen when you play in the SEC and arent used to playing Florida, Bama, Georgia, and LSU. Look everyone is happy about last week but your going way overboard over one game, saying no one can stop SU offensively right now is ridiculous. SU hasnt blown out anyone on the road in years, you think were going into a game against an SEC team at night who is desperate for a win and winning by 30+? SU can win this game as I noted above but you haven't been following college football to think were goign to win by that score.

Well, I can say I sincerely hope to eat crow and your 48-14 is accurate.
I wont's gaurantee that SU will win by that much but I do feel confident about a solid win. this SU team is pretty darn good.

That's a foolish comment.
Why is that a foolish comment? They are definitely a talented team "on paper". Their results, 5-5, don't bear out that they are the 3rd best team we have on the schedule. Their best win is over UCF and they were mostly uncompetitive in their losses (they played Fla and Vandy close, but that's it). In fact, they have little more than we do to hang their hats on.

So, I ask again, are they the 3rd best team we face on paper? or on the football field?

I think it will be a helluva game. After last year's collapse, I think the players still have a chip on their shoulder regardless of beating on UL. I know I would.

At the beginning of the season in a sampling of our preseason forecasts the consensus of the site was a loss to Mizzou by 8.5 points.

I think we can win this game if the real SU team shows up to play. If that impostor team that makes all the stupid mistakes and dumb penalties shows up. well....

Missouri is probably 3rd best team we play this year behind USC and Northwestern. You have not been paying attention.

4 out of 5 of their losses were to teams in the top 10. The other was 6-4 Vanderbilt. The Vols were fighting for their lives at home. It says a lot Missou was able to win that in 4 OT.

Syracuse winning @ Mizzouri would be huge, as need this game more than us.

When was the last time Syracuse beat an SEC team anyway...2001 Auburn?

Not that Sagarin is perfect, but FWIW he agrees with you. Missouri, having played the 5th best SOS, is the 3rd best team we have played after USC and NW. He has Missouri ahead of every BE team. He predicts Missouri as a 6 point favorite over SU. Now, I think we will go in there and win, but to think Missouri is horrible and we should win by 30+ is silly. Their QB being banged up is going to help us a lot IMO.

Yeah Missouri got killed by most of the top ten teams they played, thats going to happen when you play in the SEC and arent used to playing Florida, Bama, Georgia, and LSU. Look everyone is happy about last week but your going way overboard over one game, saying no one can stop SU offensively right now is ridiculous. SU hasnt blown out anyone on the road in years, you think were going into a game against an SEC team at night who is desperate for a win and winning by 30+? SU can win this game as I noted above but you haven't been following college football to think were goign to win by that score.
They were a Big 12 team last year so stop with this SEC crap. The BE is actuaslly pretty good this year so I don't fear a fairly bad team like Missouri.

Why is that a foolish comment? They are definitely a talented team "on paper". Their results, 5-5, don't bear out that they are the 3rd best team we have on the schedule. Their best win is over UCF and they were mostly uncompetitive in their losses (they played Fla and Vandy close, but that's it). In fact, they have little more than we do to hang their hats on.

So, I ask again, are they the 3rd best team we face on paper? or on the football field?
Sorry about that I actually agree with you completely. The remark was meant for the other poster.

They were a Big 12 team last year so stop with this SEC crap. The BE is actuaslly pretty good this year so I don't fear a fairly bad team like Missouri.

Fairly bad, there 5-5 whats our record? Dude take the orange colored glasses off.

I'm a Mizzou season ticket holder, so maybe I can offer up some perspective...

Franklin is not a good quarterback, even when he's healthy. Don't read too much into the Tennesee game. Mizzou should not be running the spread offense, they should be running the option or pounding the football. Their defense would be shutting teams down if they didn't have to keep trotting onto the field after all the three and outs.

But that defense is what gives the Tigers the edge IMO. Anyone who thinks the Georgia loss was a blowout didn't watch the game. Pinkel and Franklin gave it away in the fourth quarter. Mizzou should have won, just like they should have beat Florida. They can be very good when their defense dictates the tempo.

I didn't like our chances a couple months ago when we were struggling to beat Stony Brook. I feel better about the game now, but I still consider Mizzou the favorite. We need to jump out to a big lead. We probably need to count on a few turnovers from Franklin and a couple of stupid calls from Pinkel as well.

Franklin is not a good quarterback, even when he's healthy. Don't read too much into the Tennesee game. Mizzou should not be running the spread offense, they should be running the option or pounding the football. Their defense would be shutting teams down if they didn't have to keep trotting onto the field after all the three and outs.

But that defense is what gives the Tigers the edge IMO. Anyone who thinks the Georgia loss was a blowout didn't watch the game. Pinkel and Franklin gave it away in the fourth quarter. Mizzou should have won, just like they should have beat Florida. They can be very good when their defense dictates the tempo.

I didn't like our chances a couple months ago when we were struggling to beat Stony Brook. I feel better about the game now, but I still consider Mizzou the favorite. We need to jump out to a big lead. We probably need to count on a few turnovers from Franklin and a couple of stupid calls from Pinkel as well.
One thing that could be beneficial is how hard this SU team hits. If they can get a good (clean) shot at Franklin, they could really rattle him.

Not that Sagarin is perfect, but FWIW he agrees with you. Missouri, having played the 5th best SOS, is the 3rd best team we have played after USC and NW. He has Missouri ahead of every BE team. He predicts Missouri as a 6 point favorite over SU. Now, I think we will go in there and win, but to think Missouri is horrible and we should win by 30+ is silly. Their QB being banged up is going to help us a lot IMO.

Is he still banged up? I haven't read much about them yet, but he looked like he was moving pretty good in the Tennessee game.

One thing that could be beneficial is how hard this SU team hits. If they can get a good (clean) shot at Franklin, they could really rattle him.

Berkstresser is a better passer, but he really hasn't played well since the ASU game (and some garbage time against South Carolina). T.J. Moe seems to prefer him over Franklin, for what it's worth.

Thanks for the insight.

After looking at their schedule, I think we might be one of the two or three best offensive teams they've faced thus far. Should be a great match-up.

EDIT: How is their depth on D...could prove to be a huge factor with our up tempo O.

I will take our o-line over thier D any day. Our d will feast on their weak offense. I say SU wins big here.

Thanks for the insight.

After looking at their schedule, I think we might be one of the two or three best offensive teams they've faced thus far. Should be a great match-up.

EDIT: How is their depth on D...could prove to be a huge factor with our up tempo O.

Tennessee wore out the Mizzou defense in the first half last week, but the second half was another story. So yeah, depth could be a factor.

Really?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, it's hard to say if the Big East teams are good or just fortunate with easy schedules. Looking at Mizzou's schedule, I'd say we're on par with Arizona State. The Tigers won that game with their backup QB.

I will take our o-line over thier D any day. Our d will feast on their weak offense. I say SU wins big here.

You couldn't name one player on that defense without assistance from Google.

You couldn't name one player on that defense without assistance from Google.[/quo
You couldn't name one player on that defense without assistance from Google.
Not sure they've played against a good offense all year because there isn't any in the much over rated SEC.
te]

Really?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Right, didn't both Rutgers and Cincinnati lose to MAC teams?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom