Hey at least the tailgate was epic! | Syracusefan.com

Hey at least the tailgate was epic!

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
And other observations...

Just to piggyback on others comments, despite the weather yesterdays tailgate was the best, the largest and the funnest I've seen in all our years of doing this. A true team effort and everyones efforts are appreciated with huge thank you's. That include the folks just coming on down and enjoying. Think it's safe to say we've officially "taken it to the next level" rivaling what I've seen in the south just in time as we enter the ACC.

The collection of food was truly amazing. Are you kidding me...the best pulled pork this side of dino, the best tasting chicken speedies this tailgater has ever had, a pasta dish possibly quite literally to die for (the now famous "heart attack on a plate"), grilled Ham off the bone and cheese sandies, hearty mac n cheese, the always tasty coneys and hoffmans dogs, beer basted brats, and if I do say myself the best port wine/garlic/Chiptole tabasco infused cheeseburgers I've ever munched on. So much beer and other alcoholic libations that AA was thinking about sending a representative :)

I'm sure I'm forgetting something or someone, but wow. Epic gents (and ladies). Props to CTO and Rob for making the long trek down, and to all the many new folks we had aboard. Thanks for coming! Props to the Clemson fans who partook, I must say that its without question in my mind these fans were to a T were the nicest, most knowledgable and flat out just good people I've met yet from an opposing team.

Thought it was an incredible welcoming class act of our band playing THEIR school song pregame that they sang and chanted along with. I wonder if they appreciated that. I personally welcomed quite a few and to a letter each of them were genuinely appreciative of it. Had some great conversations with several and, again, I must say bravo Clemson fans both here and in person. It must be a southern thing because I've never seen it to this degree across the board with the other teams we play. The older I get the more I appreciate this part of things to go along with the football.

As for the game what can be said. It was man vs. boys in the skill positions. We're getting better (front 7, OL and Smith looked good) but clearly that was a national championship contending team. In fact book it, that team will play in the national championship game. They are that good. Enjoy it Tiger fans as this will be a year for you to remember.

As for us the hard work continues to get over the very formidable unique hump that present the challenges to our program reaching the next level. I hope the team really doesn't get too down from this game as, again, this was a top, top flight team. Other than with them and FSU or any top SEC team, we can be competitive with most and that's just the way it is in the haves and have nots of college football. Always been that way.

It will take years more to get there, there being top 15, but it's happened before and can happen again and it will happen someday before I kick where we win a game like this and you'll find me crying in my seat before I rush the field with the rest of my bros and sisters of Orange.

Last edited:
Nice write up! I enjoyed the tailgate a lot, but I do wish more people had put on name tags, because now I am remembering faces, but not names. :( I, too, welcomed every Clemson fan I saw. I heard one say, "Hey, she is nice!" A couple stopped me to ask where to get food. (I didn't tell them about the tail gate. Didn't realize that could be an option. My bad.)

I'll echo everything said here and in other threads. Wonderful time yesterday - great food, drinks and company. I had a chance to connect with a number of old friends from the early days of the board (I'm talking Prodigy days!) and meet so many new ones as well.
I had a group of thirteen with me yesterday - 4 long time season ticketholders, 2 first year seasons, and 7 along for the ride. Got commitments from at least 5 of the 7 to pony up for seasons next year and it wasn't what happened inside the Dome that made their mind up.
Thanks to all - organizers, contributors, and attendees for a great outing. Going to be so much better as the program progresses and we move up the ACC hierarchy.

CuseRegular -- You are quite the grillmeister! Those cheeseburgers of yours WERE the best ever.

It was great to see so many old friends, and to meet so many new ones. Too bad the rain hampered the mingling for the first 30 minutes I was there (as everyone huddled under the various canopies and could not walk among all the marvelous food stations).

But Even with the rain, that was one world-class tailgate!

This tailgate was the highlight of my weekend. That includes being with Taye Diggs several times, especially Thursday night when there were about 15 of us with him at Faegens's drinking, meeting the new chancellor (who was great and clearly explained his non emotional connection with Georgetown), seeing many new and old friends, and great meetings and meals from the University. But nothing, NOTHING, beat the tailgate. Excellent food, great to meet so many people I knew but did not really know. Syracusefan is like a second family. I cheer, cry, sweat and shout along with all of you all year long. It was so nice to finally meet many of you in person.

Just to piggyback on others comments, despite the weather yesterdays tailgate was the best, the largest and the funnest I've seen in all our years of doing this. A true team effort and everyones efforts are appreciated with huge thank you's. That include the folks just coming on down and enjoying. Think it's safe to say we've officially "taken it to the next level" rivaling what I've seen in the south just in time as we enter the ACC.

The collection of food was truly amazing. Are you kidding me...the best pulled pork this side of dino, the best tasting chicken speedies this tailgater has ever had, a pasta dish possibly quite literally to die for (the now famous "heart attack on a plate"), grilled Ham off the bone and cheese sandies, hearty mac n cheese, the always tasty coneys and hoffmans dogs, beer basted brats, and if I do say myself the best port wine/garlic/Chiptole tabasco infused cheeseburgers I've ever munched on. So much beer and other alcoholic libations that AA was thinking about sending a representative :)

I'm sure I'm forgetting something or someone, but wow. Epic gents (and ladies). Props to CTO and Rob for making the long trek down, and to all the many new folks we had aboard. Thanks for coming! Props to the Clemson fans who partook, I must say that its without question in my mind these fans were to a T were the nicest, most knowledgable and flat out just good people I've met yet from an opposing team.

Thought it was an incredible welcoming class act of our band playing THEIR school song pregame that they sang and chanted along with. I wonder if they appreciated that. I personally welcomed quite a few and to a letter each of them were genuinely appreciative of it. Had some great conversations with several and, again, I must say bravo Clemson fans both here and in person. It must be a southern thing because I've never seen it to this degree across the board with the other teams we play. The older I get the more I appreciate this part of things to go along with the football.

As for the game what can be said. It was man vs. boys in the skill positions. We're getting better (front 7, OL and Smith looked good) but clearly that was a national championship contending team. In fact book it, that team will play in the national championship game. They are that good. Enjoy it Tiger fans as this will be a year for you to remember.

As for us the hard work continues to get over the very formidable unique hump that present the challenges to our program reaching the next level. I hope the team really doesn't get too down from this game as, again, this was a top, top flight team. Other than with them and FSU or any top SEC team, we can be competitive with most and that's just the way it is in the haves and have nots of college football. Always been that way.

It will take years more to get there, there being top 15, but it's happened before and can happen again and it will happen someday before I kick where we win a game like this and you'll find me crying in my seat before I rush the field with the rest of my bros and sisters of Orange.

If you are looking for your wrench, it's inside the grill.

This tailgate was the highlight of my weekend. That includes being with Taye Diggs several times, especially Thursday night when there were about 15 of us with him at Faegens's drinking, meeting the new chancellor (who was great and clearly explained his non emotional connection with Georgetown), seeing many new and old friends, and great meetings and meals from the University. But nothing, NOTHING, beat the tailgate. Excellent food, great to meet so many people I knew but did not really know. Syracusefan is like a second family. I cheer, cry, sweat and shout along with all of you all year long. It was so nice to finally meet many of you in person.
Nice meeting you

I'm sure I'm forgetting something or someone, but wow.
The deserts, Jeremy's girlfriend Nel made a beautiful welcome to the ACC two tiered blue & orange cake. There were chocolate-chocolate chips, pumpkin cheese cake, fancy pumpkin pie, cinnamon honey buns, brownie's and other treats as far as the eye could see. At one point I did a head count and there were 150 folks there. Total attendance was probably over 200 with folks coming and going all the time. I brought some newbies, my nephew and his girlfriend and they had a great time. Props to Mike, Go, Jeremy and anyone else I'm forgetting who got there early and stalked out the best place to accommodate our biggest turnout ever. Just imagine if it didn't rain.

Last edited:
IMAG0170.jpg

The epic cake JeremyCuse's fiancee made.

I echo the poster above, great job manning the grill cuseregular!

Fantastic tailgate...didnt taste one thing that wasnt great (and I ate most everything)...that pasta was pretty insane...burgers were great...and my son gives you a thumbs up on the coney. The only other he had ever had was in the Dome and, in his words, this one was "MUCH better"...

Bummer I didnt get to try the cake...looked darn nice though!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom