Hey cuse brethren | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hey cuse brethren

The hat thing isn't too weird, especially at that age and when your older bro is wearing it. I had a friend who became a Kansas fan for pretty much the same reason.

What I'm interested in, is how your brother came to own the hat...

Pleased to meet you, Midwestcuse! Would you be able to delineate for us the precise moment you knew it was safe to post on this board?

By the way, I grew up in LaCrosse, Wisconsin, acknowledged by the entire Midwest as "God's Country."

Yellowstone is a super volcano. When it erupts it will unleash death and destruction on a global scale unlike the modern world has seen

Do you have a bad feeling about this that is never wrong?

Damn!

The hat thing isn't too weird, especially at that age and when your older bro is wearing it. I had a friend who became a Kansas fan for pretty much the same reason.

What I'm interested in, is how your brother came to own the hat...
Don't know how he got it, but guessing we were in Bismarck at some point and he got it at one of the sports shops there.

i ended up doing a summer abroad while at syracuse. i ended up rooming with a cuse student from north dakota. when he arrived in syracuse, he saw a dunkin donuts and freaked out. he said he couldn't leave his hotel room for an entire day. i guess where he lived there wasn't any fast food chains. anyways, we became good friends. he was a funny dude. ended up at stringfellows in london one night which turned into a burlesque house. he blew his entire wad, like $8 grand or something in one night. wild stuff. guy's last name is hasselstrom. know him?

Pleased to meet you, Midwestcuse! Would you be able to delineate for us the precise moment you knew it was safe to post on this board?

By the way, I grew up in LaCrosse, Wisconsin, acknowledged by the entire Midwest as "God's Country."
I've been browsing the board for years, but didn't want to come on here and start posting and not have people take me seriously. I've never been to the Dome or New York for that matter. I've never met a former Orangemen. I'm relatively young when you take Syracuse basketball history into account. But I've always been a passionate fan and follow them religiously. Finally thought, what the heck. These guys are all Cuse fans. Can't hurt to have one more.

Guess I consider myself a North Dakotan so that explains the Midwest part a little better. You're pretty spot on though. Mountains, cowboys, and geysers...and the occasional guy going through a mcdonalds drive thru on a horse no joke.

Wait..."the occasional guy going through a mcdonalds drive thru on a horse"?????
For real?
You sure that wasn't just a lost West Virginia fan?
You've got to post a picture.

Here's another reason to live in Hoboken.

Moqui, pretty much ha. Didn't get to watch many cuse games. My earliest memory of watching them was some of the Wallace, burgan, hill, etc...teams during the tourney.
Hi midwest, Iwas born and raised in syracuse and about 40 mi. north, had to move to the bible belt, st. louis in ;81 while not being out west it is west of new york, amazed how many su fans here what w/ the billikens being ok and missouri, Illinois sometimes being a real force. people who have lived here all their lives are real su fans. again welcome

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a member of the board for some time and check the board daily, but have never made a post. I'm 29 and grew up in North Dakota and live in Wyoming now. Came to be a cuse fan when I was about 8. My brother had a syracuse hat and at that moment I fell in love with the orange. Looking forward to posting more and getting to know you all. (Hard to find a cuse fan in Wyoming) Glad to be a part of this board.

My mom's from Kemmerer and my uncles lived there most of their lives so been to Wyoming many times. Where do you live?

Wait..."the occasional guy going through a mcdonalds drive thru on a horse"?????
For real?
You sure that wasn't just a lost West Virginia fan?
You've got to post a picture.

Here's another reason to live in Hoboken.

Guess it was a Subway.
580339_10150671288276339_2065372063_n.jpg

Hey midwestcuse, let me know if you ever make it down to Denver. There's some good Cuse game viewing establishments. By the way, for some reason had a stereotype of Wyoming being a very tumbleweedy boring state. Couldn't be happier to be wrong. Took a trip up to Yellowstone. Wow it was beautiful. Can't wait to get back up to fish again. I was recommended by a local fly shop to carry TWO cans of bear spray where we went. Adrenaline was high that day.

Hey midwestcuse, let me know if you ever make it down to Denver. There's some good Cuse game viewing establishments. By the way, for some reason had a stereotype of Wyoming being a very tumbleweedy boring state. Couldn't be happier to be wrong. Took a trip up to Yellowstone. Wow it was beautiful. Can't wait to get back up to fish again. I was recommended by a local fly shop to carry TWO cans of bear spray where we went. Adrenaline was high that day.
Sounds great. I think it was 2004 they played opening rounds in denver against byu and maryland. Still kicking myself for not going down for it. Is there a cuse population there or just a lot of melo converts from his time in denver?

Please say that you aren't related to Murry - we can't afford another losing streak.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a member of the board for some time and check the board daily, but have never made a post. I'm 29 and grew up in North Dakota and live in Wyoming now. Came to be a cuse fan when I was about 8. My brother had a syracuse hat and at that moment I fell in love with the orange. Looking forward to posting more and getting to know you all. (Hard to find a cuse fan in Wyoming) Glad to be a part of this board.

Sounds great. I think it was 2004 they played opening rounds in denver against byu and maryland. Still kicking myself for not going down for it. Is there a cuse population there or just a lot of melo converts from his time in denver?
I went to both of those games. I can't tell you how much fun it was with the place packed with BYU fans. They were very good natured by the way, and I was giving them some good natured smack talk. Gmac going nuts was just another great Cuse memory.
There are plenty of Cuse fans here. Alum and locals. Even all the way up to Vail, where there seems to be a congregation. I know a few up there, and on this board, I believe kcsu still lives there as well.
Unfortunately there's more Melo bashers here than fans, as discussed the past couple days in another thread. But people respect Syracuse here overall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom