Hey cuse brethren | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Hey cuse brethren

I went to both of those games. I can't tell you how much fun it was with the place packed with BYU fans. They were very good natured by the way, and I was giving them some good natured smack talk. Gmac going nuts was just another great Cuse memory.
There are plenty of Cuse fans here. Alum and locals. Even all the way up to Vail, where there seems to be a congregation. I know a few up there, and on this board, I believe kcsu still lives there as well.
Unfortunately there's more Melo bashers here than fans, as discussed the past couple days in another thread. But people respect Syracuse here overall.

Do you ever catch a game at the Blake St Tavern? I was there for the Duke game and there was an entire room full of SU fans, standing room only when I got there. That was the most fun I've had out drinking in a long time, until the call at the end. I'm contemplating going again tomorrow, but never have been a huge fan of drinking at 2 in the afternoon.

MidwestCuse said:
I assume most of you are New Yorkers. Well aware of the fact there are a lot of east coast posters here. Any of you from out west?

Originally from Lincoln

Welcome aboard

Do you ever catch a game at the Blake St Tavern? I was there for the Duke game and there was an entire room full of SU fans, standing room only when I got there. That was the most fun I've had out drinking in a long time, until the call at the end. I'm contemplating going again tomorrow, but never have been a huge fan of drinking at 2 in the afternoon.
YES, that's my place when I watch games in public, which isn't often. I go there for the day games in conference tourney time.
Denver's best sports bar by a mile. It's an official SU alum spot. I keep in contact with some of the group that goes there regularly. A guy named Eric sets it all up, getting there early to decorate the room etc. We got pretty rowdy last year for the BE tourney games. A lot of fun

YES, that's my place when I watch games in public, which isn't often. I go there for the day games in conference tourney time.
Denver's best sports bar by a mile. It's an official SU alum spot. I keep in contact with some of the group that goes there regularly. A guy named Eric sets it all up, getting there early to decorate the room etc. We got pretty rowdy last year for the BE tourney games. A lot of fun

I've only been twice this year, but Duke was an absolute BLAST!! That's why Im trying to coax one of my friends to go tomorrow. I actually found a guy without a team(one of my friends) and made him into a semi-fan. Some guy during the tourney added me to the mailing list, seems pretty cool. And yes, the tournaments were great last year! I remember being in the downstairs room(the duke game was in the mid level, Im not sure what the difference is) and when we kicked the cr** out of Indiana in a huge upset, I think their fans were in the upstairs room. My aforementioned friend got temporarily upset at me when we were exiting, because I was drunk enough to go up to the entrance of the Indiana area, raise my arms in a V, and yell "Syracuse" as we were leaving. We don't normally get the chance of having the opposing team there on another floor, so I took advantage of it. I still wonder if it was wrong of me, but it felt triumphant at the time.

Tell Eric or your friends that they are VERY appreciated. The staff there is very cool too(and I dont say that about many places!) and were wearing Orange gear during the game. Afterward they switched to CU gear, except one waitress who left her Cuse jersey on. I had to take the time to compliment her for doing so. Last year there were t-shirts but I didnt see any during the Duke game. For the Indiana game, there was NO ONE there...but the mid level room was EMPTY and we convinced a bartender to switch it over to Cuse and let us go in, after her initial objections of having an unstaffed bar in there(we assured her we'd behave). If I ever get to know your friends I might give them a gentle ribbing about the Indiana game ;)

Let me ask you one question...after the Duke game the room immediately switched to the CU vs AZ game and fans started milling in as the SU fans drifted out. After all that drinking and being wound up, I didnt want to stop just yet. Do you know if there is any semi-official/usual place they go after the game when a new game forces us to disperse? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again for the reply, it's so cool finding out one of the board members goes there! :cool:

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a member of the board for some time and check the board daily, but have never made a post. I'm 29 and grew up in North Dakota and live in Wyoming now. Came to be a cuse fan when I was about 8. My brother had a syracuse hat and at that moment I fell in love with the orange. Looking forward to posting more and getting to know you all. (Hard to find a cuse fan in Wyoming) Glad to be a part of this board.

Welcome aBoard! Lots of stories about fun times in Wyoming traversing the state diagonally while making trips from Boulder to Jackson Hole. Beautiful parts of the state through the Shoshone Indian Reservation. Where in Wy. are you?

I've only been twice this year, but Duke was an absolute BLAST!! That's why Im trying to coax one of my friends to go tomorrow. I actually found a guy without a team(one of my friends) and made him into a semi-fan. Some guy during the tourney added me to the mailing list, seems pretty cool. And yes, the tournaments were great last year! I remember being in the downstairs room(the duke game was in the mid level, Im not sure what the difference is) and when we kicked the cr** out of Indiana in a huge upset, I think their fans were in the upstairs room. My aforementioned friend got temporarily upset at me when we were exiting, because I was drunk enough to go up to the entrance of the Indiana area, raise my arms in a V, and yell "Syracuse" as we were leaving. We don't normally get the chance of having the opposing team there on another floor, so I took advantage of it. I still wonder if it was wrong of me, but it felt triumphant at the time.

Tell Eric or your friends that they are VERY appreciated. The staff there is very cool too(and I dont say that about many places!) and were wearing Orange gear during the game. Afterward they switched to CU gear, except one waitress who left her Cuse jersey on. I had to take the time to compliment her for doing so. Last year there were t-shirts but I didnt see any during the Duke game. For the Indiana game, there was NO ONE there...but the mid level room was EMPTY and we convinced a bartender to switch it over to Cuse and let us go in, after her initial objections of having an unstaffed bar in there(we assured her we'd behave). If I ever get to know your friends I might give them a gentle ribbing about the Indiana game ;)

Let me ask you one question...after the Duke game the room immediately switched to the CU vs AZ game and fans started milling in as the SU fans drifted out. After all that drinking and being wound up, I didnt want to stop just yet. Do you know if there is any semi-official/usual place they go after the game when a new game forces us to disperse? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again for the reply, it's so cool finding out one of the board members goes there! :cool:
Yeah, there aren't any known after game spots for Cuse fans, but mostly everybody just switches out let's the other team in the room and designated areas, and goes to the central bar area. But there are a ton of bars to continue the warm down process all over LoDo..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom