Hey Friends | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hey Friends

Dislike. I'm really sorry to hear this, but glad everyone is ok except for the poor cat.

Do they know what happened? Might be one small positive that you can help prevent it for someone else. It's something I worry about all the time.

My best to you and your family working through this.
The gas tank on my mother’s Audi blew up after sitting there turned off for five hours. The car next to it caught and eventually spread to the garage connected to the house.

My girlfriend woke me up at 4:30 because she thought she was hearing gunshots from the backyard. Was actually the sound of the tires popping on the vehicles. I saw orange flashes from my room and went down and saw flames. Nightmare fuel

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Was really enjoyable to read them (and the JT thread) now that I’m in a hotel room relaxing.

Unfortunately poor little Dino was found hiding under a blanket in a room that caught on fire. I am grateful that I got the chance to bury him, at least. And that I had the time to save my other furry friends.

I’m lucky to have a father who was a fire chief for almost 3 decades (the gd irony) and an attorney mother. So the family is in experienced hands moving forward at some point.

Appreciate the syrfan community

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Was really enjoyable to read them (and the JT thread) now that I’m in a hotel room relaxing.

Unfortunately poor little Dino was found hiding under a blanket in a room that caught on fire. I am grateful that I got the chance to bury him, at least. And that I had the time to save my other furry friends.

I’m lucky to have a father who was a fire chief for almost 3 decades (the gd irony) and an attorney mother. So the family is in experienced hands moving forward at some point.

sorry to hear about dino.

The gas tank on my mother’s Audi blew up after sitting there turned off for five hours. The car next to it caught and eventually spread to the garage connected to the house.

My girlfriend woke me up at 4:30 because she thought she was hearing gunshots from the backyard. Was actually the sound of the tires popping on the vehicles. I saw orange flashes from my room and went down and saw flames. Nightmare fuel
Holy shizz...how does a car gas tank spontaneously explode? Hybrid?

That's terrifying.

Ugh. A nightmare for sure. So glad you're safe!

Holy shizz...how does a car gas tank spontaneously explode? Hybrid?
Sadly, it would appear that some Audis have a known fuel tank leaking problem. How leaking fuel would ignite after the car was off for five hours...? I'm so sorry this had to happen to you and your family...

F69F09FC-F112-4567-BA47-5642714CE07D.gif

097F940E-1A98-4344-8F85-E0692BC9A17D.gif

Very sorry to hear about Dino. I can imagine it is all very overwhelming now. Years ago I tragically lost a loved pet who was a family member. Focus on the happy times spent with Dino and as time goes on those will be the memories you keep.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

If the red cross hasn't reached out to you, you should reach out to them.

A friend of mine lost his home in a fire and they were there before the fire trucks left. They gave them debit cards for meals and other financial aid.

So sorry for this to happen, can't imagine losing everything including irreplaceable sentimental things and your cat Dino. That's crazy to have a car gas tank blow up, that's scary. Good that everyone is safe and healthy and you can rebuild and move forward with a blank canvas.

Last edited:
That’s terrible! Sorry to hear about this but as you said, things can be replaced. Glad your family is safe, though losing a pet is hard.

I'm so so sorry. As someone who is going through a lot right now myself (including loss of beloved pet) and multiple losses hang in there USM. As noted if we can help please let us know how.

I bought a house backing against miles of dense dry desert scrub vegetation. I cleared a fire break, on my property, only taking down 2 nuisance species yet some loopy woman in the subdivision went bananas, reporting me to the City (as if they cared) and more... Unfortunately, fire danger is a reality, It could happen to any of us at any time.

Last edited:
Horrible story! I feel so sorry for your entire family. My mom & dad lived alone in a farmhouse in Greenville, NY. They survived a total loss fire. . Everything saturated from the fire trucks. A bit of advice, if you’ll allow it. Talk to your dean. He has family. Ask for the semester off and full credit for a replacement semester. Help out mom a d dad. They are emotionally drained more than they show.
Also….watch out for the insurance rep. His #1 job is NOT to pay you 100%. I remember my father telling me that they would only pay 80% of the total. I went back with him and we got the full 100%. (My Gawd….the damn agent went to the same church as my dad). Best wishes to you and your family.

I just came across this thread. So sorry to hear, UpstateSM . Like others have said, if there’s anything you need, don’t hesitate to ask. We may be a dysfunctional family on this board, but we’re still family. Better days ahead, brother.
Me, too. I am very sorry to learn of this, UpstateSM, but glad you and your family are all okay. Hang in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom