Hey i wasnt blown away w what i saw tonite but look | Syracusefan.com

Hey i wasnt blown away w what i saw tonite but look

Jack Hall

All Conference
At the UK boxscore and you will see almost the same exact boxscore. About same shooting %s, assist to turnover ratio, etc. Uk was better in rebounds. But similar score over similar opponents. UBuff beat South Dakota St barely, i would think Hampton could give SDS a close game. Two young teams, SU and UK , altho UK has 9 McDs and are ranked #1 in the country. But even w those 9 McDs almost the same result. Two young teams that are a work in progress. Who will get there?

Maybe Iowa is the real #1 team in the country? Did you see what they did to Hampton?

We looked like we took most of the night off.

Maybe Iowa is the real #1 team in the country? Did you see what they did to Hampton?

The effort is there, this imo is a competitive bunch. Just missed a lot of open shots. Which, if i had to guess (didnt watch the game) is what plagued mighty uk too...

Did we think we wouldn't struggle at times? At least we got a great lesson in getting back on defense.

47 pts on d, the effort was good there. Some blown assignments in the zone by the young guys but still only gave up 47 pts. The offense was a struggle

I know it's totally subjective, but I just didn't think the team was sharp tonight. Effort physically might have been there, not sure about focus...the mental aspect.

I know it's totally subjective, but I just didn't think the team was sharp tonight. Effort physically might have been there, not sure about focus...the mental aspect.
Enough of the hamptons and kennesaws for awhile, bring on Cal/Texas/Iowa!

Iowa shot very well in their game against Hampton and pressured them with full court defense. Iowa shot 43% (or so if I remember correctly) and nailed 9 three pointers and shot about 48% from on their two pointers. Not sure if this is the norm for Iowa or just played really well that night.

Did we think we wouldn't struggle at times? At least we got a great lesson in getting back on defense.
Yes, we all know we're going to struggle, but the knowing of it and the watching of it are two different things.

Some good, some bad. At least we closed the game out strong. But if we shoot from the perimeter like we did tonight against a good team that we can't turnover as much or beat on the boards we're going to be in trouble.

At the UK boxscore and you will see almost the same exact boxscore. About same shooting %s, assist to turnover ratio, etc. Uk was better in rebounds. But similar score over similar opponents. UBuff beat South Dakota St barely, i would think Hampton could give SDS a close game. Two young teams, SU and UK , altho UK has 9 McDs and are ranked #1 in the country. But even w those 9 McDs almost the same result. Two young teams that are a work in progress. Who will get there?
i think that on the tail end of football season everyone gets too transitive when it comes to basketball when it starts. we blew someone out in the first game, blew someone out in a closer second game. don't worry about it, neither game tells us anything. the game against Cal and if we win the game against texas will tell us by far more than this crap.

Some good, some bad. At least we closed the game out strong. But if we shoot from the perimeter like we did tonight against a good team that we can't turnover as much or beat on the boards we're going to be in trouble.
Cant wait to see the plus minus stats for tonites game. My guess is we were like plus 20 w McC on the court and slightly minus when he wasnt. I think our two best players and two most critical players are Roc and McC

Cant wait to see the plus minus stats for tonites game. My guess is we were like plus 20 w McC on the court and slightly minus when he wasnt. I think our two best players and two most critical players are Roc and McC
mcc is fantastic. our offense ground a halt without him in the game. the double fouls were bad calls and put us in a bad spot, otherwise this game would have been a joke