Hey Jason Beck… | Syracusefan.com

Hey Jason Beck…

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the second half play calling was more vanilla at the beginning. Kind of a "prevent offense", with a goal of preventing mistakes, as opposed to attacking. I was hoping for the same aggressive play calling that got SU the 21-7 (should have been 35-21) lead at the half.* However, he called the right plays continuously after the slow beginning to the second half and the O executed most of what he called, sans butter fingered receivers. I credit Beck with keeping Purdue off balance with the tools he had at his disposal.

Beck makes the offense fun, hopefully this turns into recruiting better players across the offense. A deeper line and receivers that catch everything. Still, receivers caught enough for a solid win. We will need a better performance from the receivers to win the bigger games.

* Yes, I am aware that Purdue could have had the score tied at 21. However, Jason Beck (JB2?) had the offense working well against the first test of the season and The D earned the take four aways.

I thought the second half play calling was more vanilla at the beginning. Kind of a "prevent offense", with a goal of preventing mistakes, as opposed to attacking. I was hoping for the same aggressive play calling that got SU the 21-7 (should have been 35-21) lead at the half.* However, he called the right plays continuously after the slow beginning to the second half and the O executed most of what he called, sans butter fingered receivers. I credit Beck with keeping Purdue off balance with the tools he had at his disposal.

Beck makes the offense fun, hopefully this turns into recruiting better players across the offense. A deeper line and receivers that catch everything. Still, receivers caught enough for a solid win. We will need a better performance from the receivers to win the bigger games.

* Yes, I am aware that Purdue could have had the score tied at 21. However, Jason Beck (JB2?) had the offense working well against the first test of the season and The D earned the take four aways.
I wonder if Purdue made adjustments that took away what was working in the first half and our WRs didn't make the plays to counter. There were a number of pass plays called where Shrader was just standing waiting for someone to come open. That seems less about play calling and more about ability/execution.

Excellent job!!! Next mission get the tight ends involved. Espicislly with the issues at wr

I’d like to think that’s the next wrinkle he’s saving for a big game -
in this case, Clemson.

He broke out the LeQuint passing game, and the Shredder fakes for this one.

Will be interesting to see what else he still has in his bag of tricks for our conference foes.

I had the same exact perception. Started in a 'prevent offense' until the lead shrunk to 1 score and promptly went back into 'Beck Mode'.

Now if you get 35 offensive points, on the road, at night vs a good big ten team, in your first P5 game of the year, without your best receiver, I will grade that an A+ every time. That was with the worst wr performance (PFF grades were also dumpster fire level) since Gerg years

I wonder if Purdue made adjustments that took away what was working in the first half and our WRs didn't make the plays to counter. There were a number of pass plays called where Shrader was just standing waiting for someone to come open. That seems less about play calling and more about ability/execution.
Yes they dropped more into coverage and spied GS in the 2nd half

We did have some odd play calls with 3 WRs to the short side of the field and WR really where not getting much separation in the 2nd half

We need to secure Jason and Jaime for the long term
I don't know what kind of career aspirations he has but you pay him the most you can, maybe he follows Dino as HC, and you pitch central New York as the place to stay and develop his roots as a family.

I feel like BYU or Utah would be the main schools he couldn't pass up.

Yes they dropped more into coverage and spied GS in the 2nd half

We did have some odd play calls with 3 WRs to the short side of the field and WR really where not getting much separation in the 2nd half
That's where we need to get Allen more involved. If they're dropping into coverage and spying Shrader, there should be room for him. Shrader also needs to be better with reads on the read option. There was that play in the first half where Shrader kept and got swallowed up when Allen had room for like 10 yards. I would love to see at least 50 of Shrader's rushing yards be Allen's.

Well , Dino will be extended, so…
I expect that if we go bowling. But does he want a 4-5 year contract and he’s done? Beck is named Associate Head Coach and then takes over? Or does Dino want to coach 10 more years? ADJW needs to manage that. LOVE LOVE LOVE the guy but we are only 3 games in to the Beck OC tenure so let’s pump the brakes just a tad.

I don't know what kind of career aspirations he has but you pay him the most you can, maybe he follows Dino as HC, and you pitch central New York as the place to stay and develop his roots as a family.

He’s 42 I think…I have to imagine he has his sights set on HC at some point…

We are nearby the birthplace of LDS.

That's where we need to get Allen more involved. If they're dropping into coverage and spying Shrader, there should be room for him. Shrader also needs to be better with reads on the read option. There was that play in the first half where Shrader kept and got swallowed up when Allen had room for like 10 yards. I would love to see at least 50 of Shrader's rushing yards be Allen's.
That was a huge miss not giving it to Allen on that play, the Pudrue ILB also made a very nice play of reading the GS keep and set the edge to blow up the keep

I think it would be interesting for the to get Allen and Price in the backfield at the same time since our WR are struggling and our TEs don't seem to be much of a catching treat at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom