Hey Jason Beck… | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Hey Jason Beck…

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's where we need to get Allen more involved. If they're dropping into coverage and spying Shrader, there should be room for him. Shrader also needs to be better with reads on the read option. There was that play in the first half where Shrader kept and got swallowed up when Allen had room for like 10 yards. I would love to see at least 50 of Shrader's rushing yards be Allen's.
He doesn't really read well. I think he is already keeping or giving before actual play. If I'm not correct ya wanna be 60 to 70 percent correct on reads.

Haven't even seen a two-RB set either with Price and Allen. That I definitely think is coming. There's a few phases I'm guessing that are slow-rolled.

1. Allen as a pass-catcher (waited till Game 3)
2. Plays to the TE (?)
3. 2-RB Set (?)

And then there's Tony White, whom Wildhack seems to love.
We’ve had some great coordinators and coaches the last 5 years. Probably the best Cuse has seen in a stretch in awhile if not ever tbh.

Imagine a staff of Dino at head coach
Lewis as OC
Beck as QB coach
Lynch as RB coach (kids love him and he’s coached Tucker and Allen now)
Lustig at WR coach (which tbh when he left is when our WR production started going down a little and he was a good recruiter) VERY underrated loss in my opinion
Rocky Long as DC
Tony White as LB coach
Nick Monroe as Corners/safety coach

To be completely honest, Dino might be the weak link in that group and he’s the head coach lol

Haven't even seen a two-RB set either with Price and Allen. That I definitely think is coming. There's a few phases I'm guessing that are slow-rolled.

1. Allen as a pass-catcher (waited till Game 3)
2. Plays to the TE (?)
3. 2-RB Set (?)
I'm just not sure we're going to see a whole lot of TE catching passes kind of action. Not really sure we have the personnel for that.

I think we may see more tunnel screen types of action. Especially if Gill gets more involved.

it would be great if we had a decent blocking TE that was threat somewhere down the field. Not really what OG brought with him, but it would add some variety to the play sets and the running schemes

Becks a superstar. He will be difficult to keep.
Let's see how we do against Clemson, UNC and Fla St. before we crown Beck as the goat OC and grant him the title of Associate HC and extend his contract with more money.

Also Rocky needs to stay. Right now our D is one of the tops in the nation holding opponents to 9 points a game, but again, wait and see how his 3-3-5 does against the above mentioned schools.

it would be great if we had a decent blocking TE that was threat somewhere down the field. Not really what OG brought with him, but it would add some variety to the play sets and the running schemes
I really think the old qb kid can be good. Villari I think. He seems to block well. Definitely athletic enough. My issue is if we don’t use the te then we won’t get any to recruit. We need to throw to them. I don’t think we do this game though. Next wee maybe.

Let's see how we do against Clemson, UNC and Fla St. before we crown Beck as the goat OC and grant him the title of Associate HC and extend his contract with more money.

Also Rocky needs to stay. Right now our D is one of the tops in the nation holding opponents to 9 points a game, but again, wait and see how his 3-3-5 does against the above mentioned schools.

I have been very impressed with Beck thus far. Not sure how difficult he will be to keep though. His O is pass happy, which will not go over well in the B18 fan circles and won't work as well in the SEC. Perfectly fine here though. Also, what does his O look like without Shrader? If I am another school looking for an OC I want to see more balance on O and what he does without Shrader.

I think we are lucky to have him. But I also think he might not be a fit for bigger programs. I think his next best progression would be a G5 HC and not a Big Boy OC. That is my impression thus far, but then again it is very very early.

Rough estimate of designed run/pass thus far for the 1st teamers: 68% pass to 32% run. So about 2 to 1. Given that we had a bad FCS team, a bad G5 team, a mediocre P5 team, and the lead the whole way, that is a pretty big pass ratio.

That is fine for 80% of the teams that we play. It will be interesting to see how it goes vs Clemson, UNC, FSU.

Rough estimate of designed run/pass thus far for the 1st teamers: 68% pass to 32% run. So about 2 to 1. Given that we had a bad FCS team, a bad G5 team, a mediocre P5 team, and the lead the whole way, that is a pretty big pass ratio.

That is fine for 80% of the teams that we play. It will be interesting to see how it goes vs Clemson, UNC, FSU.
Need to get reps and see who can do what. They have done a great job cycling guys through while taking care of business.

They found out last week they need to be stronger through the catch to the tackle.

We’ve had some great coordinators and coaches the last 5 years. Probably the best Cuse has seen in a stretch in awhile if not ever tbh.

Imagine a staff of Dino at head coach
Lewis as OC
Beck as QB coach
Lynch as RB coach (kids love him and he’s coached Tucker and Allen now)
Lustig at WR coach (which tbh when he left is when our WR production started going down a little and he was a good recruiter) VERY underrated loss in my opinion
Rocky Long as DC
Tony White as LB coach
Nick Monroe as Corners/safety coach

To be completely honest, Dino might be the weak link in that group and he’s the head coach lol
I think your comment and words are the weakest link

Please no defensive head coaches
I know he has been an abject failure in the NFL but I wonder if things would have been different if Nathaniel Hackett got the HC job over Shafer.

I know he has been an abject failure in the NFL but I wonder if things would have been different if Nathaniel Hackett got the HC job over Shafer.
It's hard to say. It's so much about recruiting and Marrone took so much of the staff with him. Would Hacket have been able to put together a staff that could recruit? Marrone and Adkins had done such a good job transforming the oline. Would Hackett have been able to maintain that?

Gullman reference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors