Hey Jason Beck… | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hey Jason Beck…

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as any risk of losing Beck to a big time P4 school as an OC, a big bump in salary could also entail a significant buyout. Obviously a buyout would not apply if it were for a HC job.

I wonder if Purdue made adjustments that took away what was working in the first half and our WRs didn't make the plays to counter. There were a number of pass plays called where Shrader was just standing waiting for someone to come open. That seems less about play calling and more about ability/execution.
Good point. Clearly, JB modified his second half strategy and it worked.

Excellent job!!! Next mission get the tight ends involved. Espicislly with the issues at wr
If Perry can catch the ball he should be our TE, speed and power. Can you imagine him catching the ball and running downfield? If he can manhandle DL, think what he can do to LB and DB.

As far as any risk of losing Beck to a big time P4 school as an OC, a big bump in salary could also entail a significant buyout. Obviously a buyout would not apply if it were for a HC job.
If any SEC or B1G team targets Beck, the buyout will not matter...at all.

His playing calling at Purdue was exceptional and is exactly the type of thing that gets noticed, sometimes maybe even more so than the production.

I have little doubt that Beck will be a hot commodity by the end of the season, especially if Dino totally cuts him loose as a playcaller. We need to do everything we can to keep Beck.

Sign him to a long term contract with head coach promises. Although. he may not want to be ahead coach.

I think we need to promote some things re: Beck.

In just 4 games as OC Beck has lead a Syracuse offense that:

- Set the program's all-time record for yardage in a game
- Set the program's all-time record for TD passes in a game
- Set the program's individual all-time record for QB rushing TDs in one game

That's 3 all-time program records! In 4 games!!!

People need to know about this. High school QB croots need to know about this. High upside portal QBs need to know about this.

IMG_7801.jpeg

I wonder if Purdue made adjustments that took away what was working in the first half and our WRs didn't make the plays to counter. There were a number of pass plays called where Shrader was just standing waiting for someone to come open. That seems less about play calling and more about ability/execution.
Reminds me a bit of last year. Offense rolled for first few games. Once we got into the meat of P5 play, not so much. Wide receiver production dropped off, and forced us to be one dimensional. However, our 1dimension was was operating at about 80% due to Shrader and Tucker playing hurt.
This year, I feel like Allen is probably as effective as Tucker was at 80%, and Shrader, as far as we know is still healthy. I'm hopeful, that the drops by the wide receivers, were just a bad day, because they are getting separation, and getting open, and if they can just catch the ball, we have legitimate threats on the ground and in the air. If the drops continue, we'll be as one dimensional as last year.

Reminds me a bit of last year. Offense rolled for first few games. Once we got into the meat of P5 play, not so much. Wide receiver production dropped off, and forced us to be one dimensional. However, our 1dimension was was operating at about 80% due to Shrader and Tucker playing hurt.
This year, I feel like Allen is probably as effective as Tucker was at 80%, and Shrader, as far as we know is still healthy. I'm hopeful, that the drops by the wide receivers, were just a bad day, because they are getting separation, and getting open, and if they can just catch the ball, we have legitimate threats on the ground and in the air. If the drops continue, we'll be as one dimensional as last year.
Even though Clemson-UNC-FSU is in a row, the team gets a bye after which is nice.

Question: How many FBS P5 schools have not lost a head coach to another college in the last 70 years? (I cut it off at 70 because that’s as far back as I can guess.)

We’ve had a couple go to the pros, a few that got let go, but no one has left for another college HC position.

I'm having Turner flashbacks.

Our guys are big and fast, and can get open.

There's only one more essential skill to being a receiver... What is it...? Hmm

Question: How many FBS P5 schools have not lost a head coach to another college in the last 70 years? (I cut it off at 70 because that’s as far back as I can guess.)

We’ve had a couple go to the pros, a few that got let go, but no one has left for another college HC position.
Biggie Munn was a selfish b@stard!

What I notice is that Allen was excellent on his fakes. Finishing his "runs" but also on a key third down he sprinted hard downfield and took the defender with him to get enough room for GS to get the first down
He is a great blocker for his size. Not saying he is small, but isn’t scared “to get in there” with anyone on the field.

Yes they dropped more into coverage and spied GS in the 2nd half

We did have some odd play calls with 3 WRs to the short side of the field and WR really where not getting much separation in the 2nd half
They were spying on GS? I wish Todd Blackledge had mentioned that ha. Spying and uncatchable ball were his buzzwords.

Next head coach in my opinion. IF you can secure that probably depends on Dino’s plans and success.
IF Dino left you take Beck over Lewis as the next HC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom