Hey, look who's #1 and #2 in the College football playoff rankings... | Syracusefan.com

Hey, look who's #1 and #2 in the College football playoff rankings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
South Carolina played at LSU 3 weeks ago after their tragic flooding in a game originally scheduled for Columbia and they play Clemson last game in Columbia this year.

Syracuse has a chance to have the #1 team visit the Dome 2 years in a row. Last year Florida State and possibly Clemson next week.

Big XII schedules are severely backloaded. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Baylor have played zero games against each other. Those teams will play a round robin and will determine if they can get a 12-0 team.

Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State don't really have good OOC wins among them @Minnesota and @Tennessee are the best wins from that group.

That first message to the Big 12 is great.

We thought we told you last year that you need a conf championship game, but since you don't want to listen...
It's funny, but it's absolutely horse crap that teams with losses are ahead of them in the pecking order.

Alabama getting the benefit of the doubt is so tired. It's such trash.

Bama has beaten Wisconsin, Texas A&M, Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas. They deserve their spot. Nobody below them has played a harder schedule thus far. ND is ranked above Michigan State, Florida, Iowa.
Bama/LSU one of them will make the playoffs IMO.

South Carolina played at LSU 3 weeks ago after their tragic flooding in a game originally scheduled for Columbia and they play Clemson last game in Columbia this year.

Syracuse has a chance to have the #1 team visit the Dome 2 years in a row. Last year Florida State and possibly Clemson next week.

well, FSU wasn't #1 if you are going by the same criteria as Clemson being ranked #1

Bama has beaten Wisconsin, Texas A&M, Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas. They deserve their spot. Nobody below them has played a harder schedule thus far. ND is ranked above Michigan State, Florida, Iowa.

And God I hope it's the Tigers. So sick of the Tide and the Buckeyes. Would LOVE to see a playoff without either of them.

really? thats why Bama deserves their spot? really?

What teams below them have better wins? The Big XII champion is going to move up because their schedule is going to get tougher. Right now I have no problem with Bama at 4. Their schedule has been tough and I think they are a top 4 team. I wash shocked ND was 5th.

Baylor, TCU, Michigan State are being told win your tough upcoming games and you will move up.

What teams below them have better wins? The Big XII champion is going to move up because their schedule is going to get tougher. Right now I have no problem with Bama at 4. Their schedule has been tough and I think they are a top 4 team. I wash shocked ND was 5th.

Baylor, TCU, Michigan State are being told win your tough upcoming games and you will move up.

you listed Arkansas, Tenn, and UGA dude. Those aren't "quality wins"

Ahead of Baylor? yes. And believe me I'm starting to hate Bama as much as I hate ND and Rutgers.

We are beating UGA and Arkansas on a neutral field.

Ahead of Baylor? yes. And believe me I'm starting to hate Bama as much as I hate ND and Rutgers.

Im not talking about bama being deserving or not, just him referencing UGA, Tenn and Arkansas as the reason. It's hilarious.

Folks need to keep in mind that the committee looks at ranking much differently than the media or coaches. It's more of a what does your current body of work prove, not what's your potential or pedigree. Alabama has played a tougher schedule and looked better doing it than Baylor or TCU. If Baylor had one ranked game under their belt, then maybe they would be #4.

Im not talking about bama being deserving or not, just him referencing UGA, Tenn and Arkansas as the reason. It's hilarious.

If he just put Wiski, TAMU and Ol Miss, would that have been enough?

you listed Arkansas, Tenn, and UGA dude. Those aren't "quality wins"
If Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia aren't good wins. Please tell me why? I mean Alabama is a team I don't like but right now they have a lot of quality wins and deserve their spot. Who should be ahead of them?

If he just put Wiski, TAMU and Ol Miss, would that have been enough?

why would he be including a team the lost to?

Like I said though - Im not questioning bamas #4 ranking anyway. Thats going to be decided against LSU. they lose and they have no shot in the playoff.

If Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia aren't good wins. Please tell me why? I mean Alabama is a team I don't like but right now they have a lot of quality wins and deserve their spot. Who should be ahead of them?

Georgia has lost 3/4 and the game they won was a 9-6 win over might Missouri.
Tennessee has lost 4 or 5 games
Arkansas? seriously? they lost to toledo and texas tech.

We are 0-13 in our last 13 games against P5 teams not Wake Forest and you have us beating Georgia and Arkansas on a neutral field. Okay dude.

YOU HAVE THEM AS QUALITY WINS FOR ALABAMA!!!!!

i was clearly just busting balls with that comment.

Pfft. The name Alabama has more to do with it than anything that has happened on the field.

Georgia has lost 3/4 and the game they won was a 9-6 win over might Missouri.
Tennessee has lost 4 or 5 games
Arkansas? seriously? they lost to toledo and texas tech.
You really can't be serious. Georgia has struggled since they lost Nick Chubb for the season and he was healthy when Alabama housed them in Georgia.

Tennessee had Florida and Oklahoma beat in the 4th quarter and choked both games away. They have a lot of young talent and they are good team who just hasn't closed games out.

Arkansas is a talented team and is not an easy team to play.

All of these wins are good wins. They aren't elite teams but they are wins that look good on your CFB playoff resume.

I wish for Ohio State and Michigan to lose every week... 'Bama stuff is tiring but hate those doucheb@gs from the B10 even more the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.