Hey, we’re in good company. | Syracusefan.com

Hey, we’re in good company.

UVA is as legit as legit gets. Have you not watched college basketball for the last 6 years?

No - just turned it on today. First time ever watching it.
Are you aware that when you lose 4 key players it is possible to struggle ? Basketball is played by players not the coaches. Even great coaches have bad teams. We haven't looked good for a few years and it's fair to wonder how much was UVA's defense vs our poor offense.

I prefer to actually watch hoops vs declare absolutes. Like I said though in all honesty I was born in a barn, educated at a Holiday Inn and watched hoops for the first time today...

I think this board is underestimating how well the defense played UVA. Their defense just made SU look that bad.

I made this point in the UVA game thread and never said I felt UVA was not legit. I did however question if what I saw was our offense making their good defense look even better than it is and wanted to see them against another opponent to get a better gauge. I don't think that is idiotic to want to get a bit more evidence before passing judgment.

I am optimistic we can adjust and come out far better vs Colgate if we clean up our screening. At least that would be a start.

So you guys are saying maybe we’re as good as James Madison? That’s a good thing?

We learned last season, first-hand, how magnificent CAA basketball is. Or maybe it was the year before last...they're tending to blur into the same repetitive cycle.

As a UVA fan I can tell you we have never seen our defense play this well to start the season. Heck, it usually doesn't look this good in January even.

This is going to be Bennett's best defensive team ever. Mamadi has become a next level rim protector. Huff is 7 feet and makes every shot difficult. We knew Kihei was an amazing full court on ball defender from last year, and the fact that Morsell looks every bit as good on defense gives us TWO lock down defensive guards. The least piece is Braxton Key who has become a rebounding machine and is also doing an amazing job defensively.

I wouldn't take anything from the game against us in terms of how your team will do offensively.

3fxwv4.jpg

As a UVA fan I can tell you we have never seen our defense play this well to start the season. Heck, it usually doesn't look this good in January even.

This is going to be Bennett's best defensive team ever. Mamadi has become a next level rim protector. Huff is 7 feet and makes every shot difficult. We knew Kihei was an amazing full court on ball defender from last year, and the fact that Morsell looks every bit as good on defense gives us TWO lock down defensive guards. The least piece is Braxton Key who has become a rebounding machine and is also doing an amazing job defensively.

I wouldn't take anything from the game against us in terms of how your team will do offensively.
So now you tell us.

So you guys are saying maybe we’re as good as James Madison? That’s a good thing?

other than giving up nearly 20 fewer points?

nitty gritty:
jmu 0.48 points per possession
su 0.58 ppp

uva 0.97 ppp vs jmu, 0.81 vs su

the differences are real, everyone can decide for themselves how meaningful they are

We were at home when we got our 34 and JMU was on the road vs. UVA. Not sure if that makes a difference but 34 at home seems worse than what JMU did.

We were at home when we got our 34 and JMU was on the road vs. UVA. Not sure if that makes a difference but 34 at home seems worse than what JMU did.

Just for reference- last year UVA was arguably better on the road than at home. They have been one of the best road teams in the nation going on multiple years.

I think this board is underestimating how well the defense played UVA. Their defense just made SU look that bad.

Our offense made their defense that much better. We run nothing that could get a good shot against any defense. I’m sure we will make a bit of progress as the season moves along, but I think our fundamental offensive incompetence was a bigger factor than UVAs defense was.

It’s only a matter of time when Virginia loses by thirty themselves...they didn’t look very good on offense

It’s only a matter of time when Virginia loses by thirty themselves...they didn’t look very good on offense

They haven't lost by that much since 12/30/13 87-52 to Tennessee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom