Hey, we’re in good company. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hey, we’re in good company.

Maybe somebody already asked this, when did James Madison become good company?
We used to be in Virginia's company.

I don't know what people were expecting.
UVA is a top 10 team that plays a very uncomfortable and almost unique style.
They may have the best coach in America.
The Orange are an unproven group of mostly inexperienced players.
I was expecting a 10-12 point loss and wasn't far off.
The SU defense was better than expected...especially for playing the zone this early in the season.

When the Orange get back to the glory days - which they will - things may be different.
But for the opening game of this season this was not such an unexpected outcome beyond the ultra low point total.

They haven't lost by that much since 12/30/13 87-52 to Tennessee.

That was the game that completely switched the trajectory of our program! We had lost 4 games, Joe Harris went to meet with Bennett at Bennett's house afterwards. Tony switched Perrantes to starting point guard, we went on to win the ACC and get a number one seed. The rest is history.

by "good company" do mean the majority of teams that miss the tourney ?

this thread is depressing.
Look - a puppy!
image.jpg

How can you judge this based on 1 or 2 games ? Fact is we don’t know who Syracuse or UVA is at this point
You spend a lot of time thinking about sports and yet you have no critical ability to analyze teams and programs strengths until after the fact? Maybe your foolin' to spin your narrative and spread discontent.

You spend a lot of time thinking about sports and yet you have no critical ability to analyze teams and programs strengths until after the fact? Maybe your foolin' to spin your narrative and spread discontent.

or maybe I don't think you can judge teams after 1 game. holy cow what planet is this.

You can
or maybe I don't think you can judge teams after 1 game. holy cow what planet is this.
You can't make any determination based on the fact that their team has Huff and Diakite who are NBA players, as well as several other players who played significant roles in them winning the championship last year?. That UVA has been on a dynastic run for the last 6 years and have one of, if not the best coach in college basketball. That they played the toughest defense that would give experienced scoring teams fits?

[sarcasm font] of course you can, like when the 03 team lost the opener to memphis, or when the 10 team lost to lemoyne [/sarcasm font]

Guys, look- 34 points suck. No need to sugar coat it, 34 points is just unacceptable.

That said, It was the first game... lots of time to right the ship with no expectations.

i'd bet my life if we just flung up half court shots as soon as possible in shot clock and nothing else all game - we would score at least 35.

Its not like we werent in the game most of the time either.. When we made the run late we had several open looks to get it under 5-6 and just didnt make them. I could argue we played better than Virginia in many areas of the game, but shooting is not one of them.

Its not like we werent in the game most of the time either.. When we made the run late we had several open looks to get it under 5-6 and just didnt make them. I could argue we played better than Virginia in many areas of the game, but shooting is not one of them.
they had 1 more made free throw, syracuse had one more made three.

although overall the syracuse defense was solid,virginia still ate up the interior of the zone, shooting 67% on their 2s. diakite and huff combined to hit 11 of 16.

it was only 5 minutes so we can't read too much if anything into it, but in the time jesse edwards was on the court the syracuse defense was even better, at 0.69 points per possession

i'd bet my life if we just flung up half court shots as soon as possible in shot clock and nothing else all game - we would score at least 35.
Next time they play in January, they should let Hughes, Buddy and JG3 take long range three's and have 2 big men try to get rebounds.

espn online had a posted score for the xavier missouri game of 34/34 end of 2nd half.

turns out its a glitch. still says end of game but continues to update.

i was "excited" for a moment that 34 point games was becoming a new normal
2019-11-12_17-36-22.jpg

Washington is on pace to score less than 34.

I'm guessing this MSM team will be in the tourney and make someone sweat or win a game. They had the Hoyas beat for 33 minutes last week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom