High School Star Drops Astounding 135 3-Pointers in 5 Minutes | Syracusefan.com

High School Star Drops Astounding 135 3-Pointers in 5 Minutes

It is an impressive display of shooting from a raw percentage and repetition standpoint but I wonder if he has, or can develop, any necessary, complimentary skills. He starts his shot from his waist and has a low release. A nice vid and impressive record but nothing I see tells me he would be effective in a game or with a hand in his face.

It is an impressive display of shooting from a raw percentage and repetition standpoint but I wonder if he has, or can develop, any necessary, complimentary skills. He starts his shot from his waist and has a low release. A nice vid and impressive record but nothing I see tells me he would be effective in a game or with a hand in his face.

The point is can you or anyone else on this board come close or GMAC etc. I don't care if he never plays college ball can anyone else beat that record?

By my count he only missed 12 shots thats 91.8% shooting.

The point is can you or anyone else on this board come close or GMAC etc. I don't care if he never plays college ball can anyone else beat that record?

By my count he only missed 12 shots thats 91.8% shooting.
Well I certainly could not match his performance, at least not without training and dedicating myself to that goal. But, I strongly believe that there are many people,players and coaches out there that could improve upon the marks of both accuracy and volume. The quantity he made was actually limited by the speed of the assists. Not trying to take anything away from the kid. It's an impressive display but duplicating the same motion, uncontested, from the same spot over and over and over again is challenging but fairly basic. And records are made to be broken. My guess is that his record will be relatively short lived.

Tough crowd, tough crowd... :)

I checked the Guinness World Records for most 3-pointers in 5 minutes but did not see a category.

There were most 3-pointers in 24 hours, in one hour and in two minutes. They will probably open and include Ruggles feat in a new category.

Back when I was a competitive tennis player Tennis Magazine out a challenge for the longest tennis rally. The ball had to be kept in the singles court and there were to be no volley's. My friend who later became the best pro in the area and I held the local record for a while with 560.

angelo-ettore-rossetti-withtheball.jpg

In 2008 two players, brothers, spent 14 hours and 31 minutes in the longest rally in history without a miss consisting of 25,944 strokes! That is over 46 times more than what Rob and I accomplished. However, it looks like they did it indoors. My partner and I did it outdoors at Westhill HS.

The best part of the Rossetti twins feat is that they were raising money for "Save The Children."

Well I certainly could not m atch his performance, at least not without training and dedicating myself to that goal. But, I strongly believe that there are many people,players and coaches out there that could improve upon the marks of both accuracy and volume. The quantity he made was actually limited by the speed of the assists. Not trying to take anything away from the kid. It's an impressive display but duplicating the same motion, uncontested, from the same spot over and over and over again is challenging but fairly basic. And records are made to be broken. My guess is that his record will be relatively short lived.
Right! And that's why Syracuse BB players that practice extensively are able to shoot free throws well. :bat:

Right! And that's why Syracuse BB players that practice extensively are able to shoot free throws well. :bat:
I think that kind of proves the point. How many times have we heard something like "Gosh, Stevie made 22 out of 25 in practice the other day, I don't understand why he only shot 3 of 8 in today's game"? Practicing free throws by shooting a bunch in a row isn't as helpful as one might think.
On a related note: in the good old days when shooting 2 free throws in a game situation the smart shooters would stay on the line if the 1st was made so that they wouldn't have to re-establish their position. Drives me crazy nowadays to see players slapping hands & such after a made 1st free throw.

I think that kind of proves the point. How many times have we heard something like "Gosh, Stevie made 22 out of 25 in practice the other day, I don't understand why he only shot 3 of 8 in today's game"? Practicing free throws by shooting a bunch in a row isn't as helpful as one might think.
On a related note: in the good old days when shooting 2 free throws in a game situation the smart shooters would stay on the line if the 1st was made so that they wouldn't have to re-establish their position. Drives me crazy nowadays to see players slapping hands & such after a made 1st free throw.
I don't understand all this slapping, either. They do it hit or miss.
It's positioning plus repetitive mechanics that make a good free throw shooter.
Ask Rick Barry : )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom