Hilarious Edsall article | Syracusefan.com

Hilarious Edsall article

That article, ladies & gentlemen, is a keeper.

I could be wrong, but I get the sense that Sally Jenkins doesn't respect Captain Randy 'Queeg' Edsall.

No doubt that HCRE is a bad coach. But in the grand scheme of things, his move was the best option he had available. Given the collapse of the Big East, his move seems all the more shrewd.

That's the second time in less than a couple of months that the WaPo has gone nuclear on Edsall.

The venom so many around he MD FB program feel towards HCRE tells me he won't be around long, particularly with how much power the MD alumni/boosters seem to wield. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. And to think, many here were ecstatic when rumors flew about his possible installation as the HC at SU. Oh Lord

It's a little too early to wite off the Edsall regime at Maryland. He just signed the area's top player out of Good Counsel HS.

Keep in mind, the author of this piece is a complete tool She has for years slobbered all over the Georgetown basketball program. Never an unkind word.

Nobody is sports ran off more players as a percentage than John Thompson. Not ever a single word from Sally about that ever. I guess transfers didn't bother her then.

Not a syllable about Iverson tooling around the GU campus in a Mercedes 500. Nothing about the parade of thugs that was brought in or the roughhouse play that was their trademark. John Feinstein is the only Post-connected writer to ever utter a word of criticism.

So take this with a grain of salt.

It's a little too early to wite off the Edsall regime at Maryland. He just signed the area's top player out of Good Counsel HS.

Keep in mind, the author of this piece is a complete tool She has for years slobbered all over the Georgetown basketball program. Never an unkind word.

Nobody is sports ran off more players as a percentage than John Thompson. Not ever a single word from Sally about that ever. I guess transfers didn't bother her then.

Not a syllable about Iverson tooling around the GU campus in a Mercedes 500. Nothing about the parade of thugs that was brought in or the roughhouse play that was their trademark. John Feinstein is the only Post-connected writer to ever utter a word of criticism.

So take this with a grain of salt.
and Feinstein has already written an article crushing Edsall. The only thing he has going for him at this point is that he was able to add Locksley to the staff and therefore will get a few very highly regarded players each year. But it is so well documented now what an ego-maniacal douche Randy is that nobody is going to be jumping on that band wagon any time soon. He is going to be so wildly unpopular after this coming season that it'll be the point of no return.

It is amazing how many people dislike this guy.

Two very prominent writers - John Feinstein and Sally Jenkins have really beaten him up in the past few months. Say what some will about her, Sally Jenkins is a highly respected sports writer.

Still, I'm sure that Randy will do well. I think that despite his manner he is a very good football coach.

No doubt that HCRE is a bad coach. But in the grand scheme of things, his move was the best option he had available. Given the collapse of the Big East, his move seems all the more shrewd.

He may be a jerk, but he's not a bad football coach.

He did a very good job at UConn.

I don't understand why people hate him so much on here, and at Maryland. Can someone explain what makes him so bad? Please give facts or a respectable opinion not some crap that some people on here like to spew.

I don't understand why people hate him so much on here, and at Maryland. Can someone explain what makes him so bad? Please give facts or a respectable opinion not some crap that some people on here like to spew.

I have never met him, but it seems that he is somewhat humorless, self-centered etc.

The way he constantly looked for a way out of UConn and the manner in which he eventually left has hurt his public persona a lot.

Randy Edsall is a first ballot HOF douche for how he is handling the Danny O'Brien situation. The kid wants to transfer to where his former Offensive Coordinator James Franklin is the head coach at Vanderbilt. Vandy is not Maryland's future schedule and Edsall is basically screwing the kid purely out of spite. He is exactly what is wrong with college football coaches who have to much power over their players. Let the kid go to Vandy Randy.

Randy Edsall is a first ballot HOF douche for how he is handling the Danny O'Brien situation. The kid wants to transfer to where his former Offensive Coordinator James Franklin is the head coach at Vanderbilt. Vandy is not Maryland's future schedule and Edsall is basically screwing the kid purely out of spite. He is exactly what is wrong with college football coaches who have to much power over their players. Let the kid go to Vandy Randy.

i had to read up on this... total

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...crisy-showing-through-in-obrien-transfer-case

It is amazing how many people dislike this guy.

Two very prominent writers - John Feinstein and Sally Jenkins have really beaten him up in the past few months. Say what some will about her, Sally Jenkins is a highly respected sports writer.

Still, I'm sure that Randy will do well. I think that despite his manner he is a very good football coach.

The problem for HCRE isn't that he doesn't know Xs and Os, it's that he's a doochenozzle that pisses off every single human being that has the misfortune of having to deal with him. Eventually that animosity is going to make it utterly impossible for him to continue as a high profile head coach. Maryland fires him in the next couple years and he goes back to being a position coach, or takes a head coaching job at Eastern Bumphuk State in DII. Those are going to be his options.

i had a good time with bad photoshops of his happy dance (I lost the pictures like a dummy) but no guy who cares about his players acts like that. he pushed one of the players out of the way for daring to step on his dance floor

The problem for HCRE isn't that he doesn't know Xs and Os, it's that he's a doochenozzle that pisses off every single human being that has the misfortune of having to deal with him. Eventually that animosity is going to make it utterly impossible for him to continue as a high profile head coach. Maryland fires him in the next couple years and he goes back to being a position coach, or takes a head coaching job at Eastern Bumphuk State in DII. Those are going to be his options.

I think it's pretty obvious that he is a good football coach. He had way too much success at UConn to conclude otherwise.

And, he had a strong 2012 recruiting class at MD.

So, even though he may not be a good guy, he will likely do okay at Maryland.

I can't say these are "facts", but if you read the accounts of Edsall making Todman stand up in front of the locker room and tell the team he was going pro, when Edsall himself knew he was flying straight to Maryland and had that job (but didn't tell his team), it doesn't make him look so good.

As for this QB issue, I don't see the problem in letting the kid go to Vandy to play for the guy who recruited him. It's not like it's going to open some floodgates for an MD to Vandy exodus. Vandy already has most of their scholarship players, and Edsall is recruiting/developing his own kids for Maryland's future. He's kind of being a baby about it in my opinion.

Then there's Millhouse's comment. Isn't a person in the world that can tell me Edsall cared more about his players than himself on that night.

Edsall's job security depends on his own performance. But if Franklin somehow wins big at Vanderbilt, it would make Maryland's athletic director and president look awful. In the classic style of modern-day university administrators, Loh and Anderson are letting Edsall take all the bullets. But the fact is, the university president and athletic director can step in at any time and grant O'Brien his unlimited release. It is the right thing to do. And they haven't done it.

@BrentAxeMedia
Sometimes, things just work out in life. The fact that Randy Edsall did not come back to Syracuse seems to be the latest example of that

i had a good time with bad photoshops of his happy dance (I lost the pictures like a dummy) but no guy who cares about his players acts like that. he pushed one of the players out of the way for daring to step on his dance floor

^^^^
This

Lest us not forget... Edsall is very good at celebrating with himself...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom