His heel does't matter. | Syracusefan.com

His heel does't matter.

Refs handed that game to Ohio State. And these announcers are freaking morons.

Terrible call. ISU guy released the ball when Craft was starting to undercut him. Should have counted the bucket at the very least. Not getting the and 1 there was ridiculous, as multiple fouls could have been called on OSU there.

Not only was his foot inside the restricted zone, he literally ran over and stuck his feet on the court as the offensive player was leaving the ground. No way that can be a charge, any way you slice it. Horrible.

Terrible call. ISU guy released the ball when Craft was starting to undercut him. Should have counted the bucket at the very least. Not getting the and 1 there was ridiculous, as multiple fouls could have been called on OSU there.

I believe they took that rule away where you could score and have a charge. It's now 1 or the other.

Refs handed that game to Ohio State. And these announcers are freaking morons.

Clark Kellog shouldn't even be able to announce games for his former school. Talking about that charge like it was the greatest player ever. I take it i wasn't the only one yelling at my tv.

Clark Kellog shouldn't even be able to announce games for his former school. Talking about that charge like it was the greatest player ever. I take it i wasn't the only one yelling at my tv.

And the crap complaining about having .5 put on the clock. There was obviously .5 left when the ball went through the cylinder.

the worst part of this is they keep showing the replay and the ref wasn't even looking at his feet. he was staring at the body contact. ncaa with all the $ they make need to hire full time officials. officiating is getting to a point where it is ruining the outcome of games.

Man I lost all respect for Kellogg. Would 3 home tourney losses in 8yrs have been a record? Good thing for home cooking.

To improve the accuracy rate on those calls, men’s officials are being asked to apply the following guidelines, which the Men’s Basketball Rules Committee approved in May:

• Before the offensive player (with the ball) becomes airborne, the defender must have two feet on the floor, be facing the opponent and be stationary to draw a charge. Otherwise, it should be a blocking foul.

(NOTE: TWO FEET)

• Secondary defenders (help defenders) moving forward or to the side are also in violation and those should be blocking fouls.

(NOTE: MOVING FOWARD)

• Contact that is “through the chest” is not de facto proof of a charge. The rule in its entirety must be considered before determining a foul.
• In some cases, it appears a defender is being rewarded solely for being outside the restricted-area arc, without considering the other aspects of the rules.
Before the 2011-12 season, a restricted-area arc three feet from the center of basket was added to the rules. That is the area on the floor where a secondary defender cannot legally take a charge.
Being outside the arc isn’t the only factor an official should consider when making a charge/block call.

(NOTE: ISN'T ONLY FACTOR)

the guy was fouled before the contact with craft happened anyway.

the worst part of this is they keep showing the replay and the ref wasn't even looking at his feet. he was staring at the body contact. ncaa with all the $ they make need to hire full time officials. officiating is getting to a point where it is ruining the outcome of games.

Pretty tough call to make real time but it should have been overturned by replay.

Pretty tough call to make real time but it should have been overturned by replay.

if anything though i think a close call should always go to the offensive player. with all the complaining about scoring this would definitely be a way to have an effect. this tournament has been close to unwatchable by the inability to score. having good baskets taken away isn't helping.

not to mention he slid under him when he was already in the air. terrible call. they wonder why games are played in the 50's. way too many charge calls, and hand checking

This, why Kellogg kept ignoring this point is beyond me...

you guys want to complain about officials come watch some AAU basketball.. we had a play yesterday where the buzzer went off before a kid caught a pass, he then jumped and shot the ball and it went in. the officials ruled they weren't sure what happened and ask the clock "kid" who said it was good.. everyone watching including the kids knew it was not good, all it got us was a coach almost getting T'd up and no calls the rest of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom