Hmmm... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hmmm...

Different situations. You're referencing regular season testing. NCAA tournaments and bowl games the NCAA requires testing. Not saying this ia why they are suspended and I am assuming bowls fall under the NCAA basketball tournament where they so ransom testing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
good info didnt realize that thx

Different situations. You're referencing regular season testing. NCAA tournaments and bowl games the NCAA requires testing. Not saying this ia why they are suspended and I am assuming bowls fall under the NCAA basketball tournament where they so ransom testing.

Righr, but the story says AD rules.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Righr, but the story says AD rules.

Yes it does. But I've never seen any article for any player at any school where it says they failed an NCAA test. It always says team rules or in this case AD rules.

I don't know if the bowls are like other sports. But I know for a fact for basketball they require resting and in fact, after an NCAA fame, 1 player is selected from the winning team at random to be tested again.

Again, I also don't know if this is the reason they were suspended.

...indeed, if that is the violation, it would mark a first... player goes home for holidays, puffs some herb legally in his home state... comes back to campus and it shows up in pee test and player is suspended.
New law may not kick in until Jan.1.

Whatever they did warrants a suspension but a punch -out with cops does not?

Isn't the situation bad enough without embellishment? I don't remember any report saying that Spruill punched a cop.

"Gardner also reported Spruill grabbed his uniform shirt and tried to pull him away from Rene."

Seems to me that the players and maybe even the university believes the police report itself was embellished. Hence the relatively light punishment. Could be lots of moving parts in play with the spruill/ Rene situation that we are not privy to.

Seems to me that the players and maybe even the university believes the police report itself was embellished. Hence the relatively light punishment. Could be lots of moving parts in play with the spruill/ Rene situation that we are not privy to.

Seems that way. I hate to say it because I respect police officers, but I witnessed a situation similar to what is being reported and the officers greatly exaggerated the situation. Not saying this is the case here because I was not witness to it, but it is not outside the realm of possibility.

I'm really glad none of you are my neighbors, everyone loves to jump to conclusions.

It's like The Burbs.

MV5BMTMwOTYzMTkzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDI0OTUxMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR3,0,214,317_.jpg

Yeah but Dr. Klopeck had skulls in his trunk! Easily Tom Hanks' most underrated work.

Seems that way. I hate to say it because I respect police officers, but I witnessed a situation similar to what is being reported and the officers greatly exaggerated the situation. Not saying this is the case here because I was not witness to it, but it is not outside the realm of possibility.
I have never known one not to embellish. Great fodder for cross examination.

I would say that after we got off to such a dismal start many kids probably didn't see the bowl game drug testing ever happening!! In addition, there are probably several substances that could be tested for other than weed, performance enhancing as well, but I agree it's probably weed... but as active as these guys are should not stick in their system that long.. They probably had enough time post Mizzu game to get clean, unless they took the test right after Temple, who knows.

But as soon as win 6 comes, they all know they are most likley going to be pissing in a cup at some point, my guess is there are 5-6 others that got lucky ... two that didn't. Just a guess.

Again, we are talking weed here, not really worried but rules are rules... You would think they would be smarter in season

...indeed, if that is the violation, it would mark a first... player goes home for holidays, puffs some herb legally in his home state... comes back to campus and it shows up in pee test and player is suspended.

If it's a condition of team participation, why wouldn't it be a violation. Do you think that the Broncos can go nuts and not be subject to NFL rules?

If you hold a USG security clearance in any of those states, state law wouldn't protect you.

I predict there will be one or more points in the game where we will wish we had AAM available for a short yardage/goalline situation. I guess Smith gets those carries now.

I predict there will be one or more points in the game where we will wish we had AAM available for a short yardage/goalline situation. I guess Smith gets those carries now.

or Coker

If it's a condition of team participation, why wouldn't it be a violation. Do you think that the Broncos can go nuts and not be subject to NFL rules?

If you hold a USG security clearance in any of those states, state law wouldn't protect you.

Nope - I never said it wasn't... just that it's a new interesting wrinkle...

Until its an NCAA requirement or a requirement of all scholarship students, SU should get rid of this testing.

Here's my understanding of how it works.

The NCAA does not have a standard by which all players must abide by in regard to marijuana use. However, they require each member institution to have its own policy for all sports.

Each member institution is expected to abide by its rules (this is why the hoops program is in trouble).

In addition, the NCAA has standards for participation in all official NCAA events (post-season). And they test accordingly.

During the regular season, the NCAA doesn't have the manpower or desire to enforce an NCAA drug policy.

Each sports program has its own drug screening process prior to NCAA events . Often the players fail the internal test and are not allowed to play because if they play and then fail the NCAA test, the win is stripped and all proceeds.

It's why some of this is confusing and why the NCAA often doesn't have blood on its hand when suspensions occur.

I know this is a different scenario, but I'd have no problem if the AD set out its own standards, as long as it was applied to student athletes across the board. Whether academic standards, standards of conduct, alcohol consumption (ok, excessive consumption), recreational drug use, or dental hygiene. ok - maybe not dental hygiene - but whatever.

Everyone has such a laissez faire attitude toward pot - but even if you take the 'high' out of it, do we really want our athletes smoking? I mean just plain smoking. I'm jaded like everyone else, but do we really want athletes chain smoking cigarettes? Can't the AD have a rule that says that is unacceptable for student athletes, even though it might be perfectly legal in the real world (as long as confined to a 3x3 square at least 1000 ft from the nearest anything), to smoke anything.

I would say that after we got off to such a dismal start many kids probably didn't see the bowl game drug testing ever happening!! In addition, there are probably several substances that could be tested for other than weed, performance enhancing as well, but I agree it's probably weed... but as active as these guys are should not stick in their system that long.. They probably had enough time post Mizzu game to get clean, unless they took the test right after Temple, who knows.

But as soon as win 6 comes, they all know they are most likley going to be pissing in a cup at some point, my guess is there are 5-6 others that got lucky ... two that didn't. Just a guess.

Again, we are talking weed here, not really worried but rules are rules... You would think they would be smarter in season
5-6 others...bwahahaha!:D

they should have used the Latimer system

That is impossible, Jake. There are certain posters here who know EXACTLY what happened...ever if they weren't there. They also know everything that happened in all other player-related incidents.

At least they assume they do. Oh Lord

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom