Hmmmm...,so this is interesting... | Syracusefan.com

Hmmmm...,so this is interesting...

Mark it down - JB retires after the 14-15 season. This is your free, stone cold, Oakland lead pipe lock - the spectulation can now end.

Didn't he do a book with Pitoniak a few years ago?

Or was JB not a co-author.

11851122.jpg

Hoya-dasher, I disagree. Like any good Irish funeral, or rite in many cultures, JB's farewell should only be an occasion for celebration.

This whole greatest generation of coaches is nearing its end. JB, Calhoun, K, Pitino, Gary Williams with Roy and Cal and Izzo getting up there too.

As a tennis fan you get excited when a new potentially great player first breaks through with a long run in a Slam. Then you take them for granted at their peak. At the end of their careers you pull so hard for them to have just one more great run.

As college basketball fans, we are fortunate to live in this age of giants. The next generation of great coaches appears to be quite sanitary and boring.

Now this home schedule looks kind of ominous, like possibly a last hurrah? I hope not, Jim Boeheim has been the one constant that has always represented the Orange/(men) for me. I don't even want to imagine what it will feel like the day I hear the news.

Mark it down - JB retires after the 14-15 season. This is your free, stone cold, Oakland lead pipe lock - the spectulation can now end.

Next season will be it, IMO. Announces his retirement on April 26, 2014 at the Basket Ball.

This whole greatest generation of coaches is nearing its end. JB, Calhoun, K, Pitino, Gary Williams with Roy and Cal and Izzo getting up there too.

As a tennis fan you get excited when a new potentially great player first breaks through with a long run in a Slam. Then you take them for granted at their peak. At the end of their careers you pull so hard for them to have just one more great run.

As college basketball fans, we are fortunate to live in this age of giants. The next generation of great coaches appears to be quite sanitary and boring.
I understand what you're saying, but I don't think Hop will ever be boring!

We should have a special ceremony at the Dome. Choirs should sing. Bands should play. Speakers should speak. Balloons and streamers should be let loose. I'll compose a song for the event! (Strike that last one.)

Oh, and we should turn the court around and put it at the 50 yard line!

We should have a special ceremony at the Dome. Choirs should sing. Bands should play. Speakers should speak. Balloons and streamers should be let loose. I'll compose a song for the event! (Strike that last one.)

Oh, and we should turn the court around and put it at the 50 yard line!

Maybe, but I want to hear the odds from 690 to be sure.

I hear you. In fact, JB will be around for one more season after next. Everyone can use a Hammer!
chris-mccullough-cuse.jpg

Yeah, it would seem pretty tough to retire right before the Hammer comes in, matched up with a soph Ennis, two mature McD centers in DC2/Rak, the winner of the MG/Cooney/Buss competition and Roberson on the other wing along with BJ coming off the bench. Will probably also have the backup pg KJ2 (and this assumes Grant will go pro). That's the odds on lineup at this stage for '14-'15. Are you kidding me?

Even if SU won the whole enchillada next year, JB couldn't walk away. How would you walk away when you have what could arguably be your most talent ever coming in/back?

Yeah, it would seem pretty tough to retire right before the Hammer comes in, matched up with a soph Ennis, two mature McD centers in DC2/Rak, the winner of the MG/Cooney/Buss competition and Roberson on the other wing along with BJ coming off the bench. Will probably also have the backup pg KJ2 (and this assumes Grant will go pro). That's the odds on lineup at this stage for '14-'15. Are you kidding me?

Even if SU won the whole enchillada next year, JB couldn't walk away. How would you walk away when you have what could arguably be your most talent ever coming in/back?
Seriously, you've got the right way of it.
Bring on Kenturkey and everyone they (pay) have.
I want them with your possible '14 lineup or anyone else along the way.

Jim Boeheim has coached Syracuse basketball from thru the Jimmy Carter presidency, two Ronald Reagan presidential terms, George H.W. Bush's presidency. two Bill Clinton presidential terms, two George W. Bush presidential terms, and two Barack Obama presidential terms. When I typed that and saw that I was in pure shock. He has been the head coach almost a decade longer than I have been alive at some point you would think he would want to go fishing and kick back. I hope its not for another 5 years, but obviously he is going to caretaker the program thru the first couple ACC years and give the keys to Hop and join ESPN/FOX/CBS as an obvious analyst. JB does the coaches poll and he knows other teams really well, and as long as he has no more baggage(i.e. the Davis lawsuit stays away) I think he is an obvious studio/game analyst if he wants to stay in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom