HOF Voting: Otto the Orange | Syracusefan.com

HOF Voting: Otto the Orange

Otto should be in here, especially given the cast of characters already in. The currently inducted lineup has some real weak spots. I would say there is definitely a Midwest skew to the HOFers, but this nominee group has some legit heavy hitters including Duke, UNC, GaTech, and Wally the Green Monster. If you ask me, mascot awareness owes a huge debt to Otto and the SportsCenter commercial appearances. Otto's resume on the site lacks the necessary punch (all about Otto's personality, but no reference to those ads, or Capital One appearances, or year of inception-might be one of the older nominees if you can believe that) and therefore it's up to us to get our mascot in.

Beyond Otto, there's a glaring omission in that Hall of Fame.

GLARING.

Why not give Otto a chance to be a guest at our tailgate this fall?
He/she probably couldn't eat, drink or talk but I am thinking the mime would be top notch.

Need to bring Otto a feeding tube to get around costume limitations. Orange of course. That would take care of liquids. Maybe could also do pulled pork and mac and cheese if the mascot was a mountain climber and never smoked.

He/she probably couldn't eat, drink or talk but I am thinking the mime would be top notch.

Need to bring Otto a feeding tube to get around costume limitations. Orange of course. That would take care of liquids. Maybe could also do pulled pork and mac and cheese if the mascot was a mountain climber and never smoked.
True, but I’m talking about a guest appearance fee.

Bump
How we doing? Is there any way to see the live voting or do they keep it behind the curtain so we can flood it like we know how?

Yes, there is a mascot hall of fame and our very own Otto the Orange is on the ballot this year. Starting May 14th we all can vote for him to help Otto have his legacy cemented with the other legendary mascots in American Sport.

Happy for Otto but The Saltine Warrior is the all time classic. Old guys remember a bare chested kid in full garb in late November at Archbold. The warrior was fueled by a special blend of jet fuel and orange juice, admittedly light on the OJ.. How he never got frostbite is beyond me.

Happy for Otto but The Saltine Warrior is the all time classic. Old guys remember a bare chested kid in full garb in late November at Archbold. The warrior was fueled by a special blend of jet fuel and orange juice, admittedly light on the OJ.. How he never got frostbite is beyond me.
I knew many who filled the role of Saltine Warrior as it by tradition that my fraternity LXA furnished that mascot.

I knew many who filled the role of Saltine Warrior as it by tradition that my fraternity LXA furnished that mascot.
I was in Beta, will always remember you guys blaring Free Bird across Walnut Park

Did Otto win?
Voting is over. Class of 2023 will be announced June 23.

1685313096581.png

Voting is over. Class of 2023 will be announced June 23.

View attachment 228154
Slow counters to take that long. Wonder if they eliminate or minimize the effect of repeat voters despite being told you could vote once a day? Or if they validate email addresses etc.

Slow counters to take that long. Wonder if they eliminate or minimize the effect of repeat voters despite being told you could vote once a day? Or if they validate email addresses etc.
Hard to understand why you would wait almost a month from when voting stops to announce the winners. The votes were counted electronically. They know who won already. Why lose the momentum and interest the voting cycle generated like this? Not sure these people know what they are doing.

Last year, 4 mascots were elected. 18 mascots were nominated. Guessing 4 will make the cut again this year. All things being equal, Otto has a 22.2% chance of making the cut. Though I honestly think Otto is easily the most qualified of the mascots on the ballot.

The list of mascots already elected is troubling and a mess. Only 8 college mascots have made it. No Otto. No ACC mascot period. That awful Penn State embarrassment made it. That blob from Western Kentucky. I give them credit for getting Brutus in, who is a good rip off of Mr Met for unimaginative mid western mouth breathers.

Any mascot hall of fame without Gritty and Otto in it is shameful. Shameful.

Well, it takes a while to make those bronze busts... ;)

Hard to understand why you would wait almost a month from when voting stops to announce the winners. The votes were counted electronically. They know who won already. Why lose the momentum and interest the voting cycle generated like this? Not sure these people know what they are doing.

Last year, 4 mascots were elected. 18 mascots were nominated. Guessing 4 will make the cut again this year. All things being equal, Otto has a 22.2% chance of making the cut. Though I honestly think Otto is easily the most qualified of the mascots on the ballot.

The list of mascots already elected is troubling and a mess. Only 8 college mascots have made it. No Otto. No ACC mascot period. That awful Penn State embarrassment made it. That blob from Western Kentucky. I give them credit for getting Brutus in, who is a good rip off of Mr Met for unimaginative mid western mouth breathers.

Any mascot hall of fame without Gritty and Otto in it is shameful. Shameful.

Guessing they want each mascot to make a video of them celebrating thatthey got in. When they announce the winners. Or they have to schedule them for the ceremony, and its about setting up logistics to get everyone on the same page

Debate on Barstool Sports Yesterday about what is the "Laziest" Mascott. Otto the Orange was their top choice. (funny that they are talking about "lazy" but their banner still reads 2022 and not 2023)

Debate on Barstool Sports Yesterday about what is the "Laziest" Mascott. Otto the Orange was their top choice. (funny that they are talking about "lazy" but their banner still reads 2022 and not 2023)
What the hell did I just waste my time watching? A bunch of morons discussing dumb crap?

Those douchebags are insufferable.

They are worse than Cowherd and Skip combined