Hofstra Pauses Team Activities | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hofstra Pauses Team Activities

Id really like to see them run Buttermore once a quarter with the 1's. The second line is a little to feast or famine so far. Seebold and Quinn have come on nicely this year but the offense can get uneven when the 2nd line guys are in throwing it around. Ferris definitely has to play more, would like to see him as the 4th attackmen. He's got the confidence I wish Cook had.
All on second line have talent just a matter of meshing as unit. Buttermore's considerable talents played off Lipka well. Had raised question of using Cook feistiness at ssdm if a matchup allowed. Not the ideal use but think he did a run there yesterday. Ferris is going to increasingly factor and Berkman can play. Seebold is a horse

All on second line have talent just a matter of meshing as unit. Buttermore's considerable talents played off Lipka well. Had raised question of using Cook feistiness at ssdm if a matchup allowed. Not the ideal use but think he did a run there yesterday. Ferris is going to increasingly factor and Berkman can play. Seebold is a horse
I think he got caught on defense after SB made a quick transition.

I think he got caught on defense after SB made a quick transition.
Might have him confused with other another dm. Believe Cook has only one run at dm that started at 8 min mark of 2q and ended with Van Hoonton backdoor goal where two close d slid towards Palloneti dodge round crease. Too small of a sample to draw from but Cook does have good feet and is feisty so maybe a option however infrequently used..

Interesting discussion regarding second midfield line. Looking at other top teams I don’t get the sense that they’re getting much production from their reserves. Even Duke doesn’t seem to have a second mid with big point totals. Maryland and Virginia aren’t getting much production outside of their top five let alone back ups (side note what is going on with Brown and Holden?) North Carolina has guys with big point totals, but that’s about it. And with UNC I can’t tell whose a second liner and whose a reserve attackman.

In my opinion I’d expect a solid second line mid to produce about 10-15 points in a given year. I think Seebold and Quinn have shown the ability to do that and have been solid. Seebold looks more comfortable operating as an inverting midfielder but is still very dangerous from there. I feel like he’ll get better as the year goes on. His passing ability is also a big plus. Quinn I think has gotten better about realizing his short comings, if the ball is in his stick for more than five seconds something bad is about to happen. He is a very good shooter and if he focuses on that he’ll put up points. Still mystified by Buttermore. Not a good shot on a wide open goal yesterday, but even with that he’s just not that involved. He saw plenty of the short stick yesterday (long pole was on Seebold) and didn’t really initiate all that much. Just can’t make sense of it.

And I feel for Cook, it’s got to sting to lose your starting spot, but then to lose a spot on the second line just has to compound it. But there are guys on the bench who I have to think would be more productive. It’s just not good for the team on the whole to hold guys back. Fiorini, Magnan or Ferris deserve a shot, or focus on making the regular three’s chemistry better.

Interesting discussion regarding second midfield line. Looking at other top teams I don’t get the sense that they’re getting much production from their reserves. Even Duke doesn’t seem to have a second mid with big point totals. Maryland and Virginia aren’t getting much production outside of their top five let alone back ups (side note what is going on with Brown and Holden?) North Carolina has guys with big point totals, but that’s about it. And with UNC I can’t tell whose a second liner and whose a reserve attackman.

In my opinion I’d expect a solid second line mid to produce about 10-15 points in a given year. I think Seebold and Quinn have shown the ability to do that and have been solid. Seebold looks more comfortable operating as an inverting midfielder but is still very dangerous from there. I feel like he’ll get better as the year goes on. His passing ability is also a big plus. Quinn I think has gotten better about realizing his short comings, if the ball is in his stick for more than five seconds something bad is about to happen. He is a very good shooter and if he focuses on that he’ll put up points. Still mystified by Buttermore. Not a good shot on a wide open goal yesterday, but even with that he’s just not that involved. He saw plenty of the short stick yesterday (long pole was on Seebold) and didn’t really initiate all that much. Just can’t make sense of it.

And I feel for Cook, it’s got to sting to lose your starting spot, but then to lose a spot on the second line just has to compound it. But there are guys on the bench who I have to think would be more productive. It’s just not good for the team on the whole to hold guys back. Fiorini, Magnan or Ferris deserve a shot, or focus on making the regular three’s chemistry better.
Been checking out other teams online. Cuse has one of biggest and most loaded rosters. (Rutgers has 45 players compared to Orange at 58) And looking at stats, SU has been stingy with PT compared to other programs. (Granted, with fewer games than others including army and UVA where you are not clearing the bench) Beyond the starters it is hard to determine what is there now and in the future. Must be pretty competitive at that 2nd & 3rd lines.

1615815238739.png

There will be a game played. SU isn't going to give up a game with a ACCN slot locked in.

Kind of hard to turn that down, unless Syracuse already has an opponent lined up (which I doubt). Can't look like you're scared to play someone. Would be a great game.

I dont know, SU has never ducked anyone but taken on a game like this sounds good on paper and in theory but if SU loses a close game and then trips up at Duke were now 3-3 and having a whole other discussion. If we weren't playing Duke next on short rest I would say go for it but as things stand right now this screams no win situation for SU.

Certain amount of risk playing a team on a roll. Who knew Leigh would by the UAlbany of this season.

I dont know, SU has never ducked anyone but taken on a game like this sounds good on paper and in theory but if SU loses a close game and then trips up at Duke were now 3-3 and having a whole other discussion. If we weren't playing Duke next on short rest I would say go for it but as things stand right now this screams no win situation for SU.
I respectfully disagree. If this team thinks it is a national championship contender then it should be able to play 2 top ten teams in 5 days. To win it all, you have to do it in 2 days. If the Orange truly has it's swagger back, then this is a game they have to play( and win) and then go play Duke.

Lehigh has wins over NJIT, Loyola, and Bucknell. Loyola has offense issues particularly at the midfield, still a quality win. Bucknell has only played 2 games, so too early to tell how good they are. NJIT is still NJIT.

I respectfully disagree. If this team thinks it is a national championship contender then it should be able to play 2 top ten teams in 5 days. To win it all, you have to do it in 2 days. If the Orange truly has it's swagger back, then this is a game they have to play( and win) and then go play Duke.

I don't disagree in theory but the ACC is beyond loaded this year and I am not sure that playing a team like Lehigh (out of the blue) 5 days before playing the prohibitive ACC and D1 favorite is the wisest allocation of our time and resources. If we were playing Binghamton the following Thursday then go for it but Duke @ Duke, I'll take a pass.

When you have 11 nattys and pride yourself on playing with tempo and style, you play any comers, any time (and for the most part), anywhere. Lehigh has extended the challenge ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom