Hokie fans don't seem to like Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hokie fans don't seem to like Syracuse

Seems to me this rivalry does not need to be rekindled, it never died.

How does a popsickle stick help a kicker?
I know a girl that grew up in Blacksburg and her dad works for VaTech. Even she says the fans are insufferable jerks. That's all you need to know.

I'm living in Chokie country which is within spitting distance of West Virginia and only partially accounts for their high moral standards and missing teeth. They are running a commercial on TV now which ends up with Beamer on a ladder cleaning out gutters. He has turkey feathers on his back side and says " why do I always get to clean the gutters?". My answer...because you live in them.

You can expect Beamer to announce his retirement before they play in the Carrier Dome again, he hates the Dome, one of the reasons he was glad to leave Syracuse behind in the Big East.

Virginia Tech hired Greg Robinson for us? Those jerks!
Good call. Probably should have written 'helped set us back'. But I have no doubt, that if we had been in the ACC, Greg Robinson would never have been HC at Syracuse. At least that's the way it is in my Fringe alternate universe. Along with the gold Statue of Liberty.

I saw on one Jokie site where their fans were ticked that the "newbies" (the last three additions) got ND games in their areas (NYC, Boston, Pitt) before they did and that they were worried that the conference may want them to play their home game against ND at FedEx Field instead of Lane, for exposure in DC with Maryland now gone. Some were saying it felt like that ole BE homerism or some such thing.

:rolling:

Of course Pitt, BC, and SU got games with ND prior to VT. It's one of the reasons why the ACC wanted us three and a presence in northeastern markets - to lure the Irish.

Cheers,
Neil

Good call. Probably should have written 'helped set us back'. But I have no doubt, that if we had been in the ACC, Greg Robinson would never have been HC at Syracuse. At least that's the way it is in my Fringe alternate universe. Along with the gold Statue of Liberty.

Agreed. If we had moved in 2004 to the ACC, PP doesn't get fired that year, we keep Ray Rice as a recruit, etc. Lots of things would have been different. But it's all water under the bridge now.

Had VT not gone to the ACC, they'd have been the perfect #14 to A&M's #13, so it worked out in the end.

Cheers,
Neil

Great Fringe reference...awesome series! One of my all time favorites.

Agreed. If we had moved in 2004 to the ACC, PP doesn't get fired that year, we keep Ray Rice as a recruit, etc. Lots of things would have been different. But it's all water under the bridge now.

Had VT not gone to the ACC, they'd have been the perfect #14 to A&M's #13, so it worked out in the end.

Cheers,
Neil

I'm not sure keeping Coach P would have been a good thing. He was clearly on a downward course.

omniorange said:
Agreed. If we had moved in 2004 to the ACC, PP doesn't get fired that year, we keep Ray Rice as a recruit, etc. Lots of things would have been different. But it's all water under the bridge now. Had VT not gone to the ACC, they'd have been the perfect #14 to A&M's #13, so it worked out in the end. Cheers, Neil

No guarantee Rice does for us what he did for Rutgers. No guarantee even that PP doesn't get fired.

F them. They weren't even a priority for the ACC and if not for Virginia politics would not have originally gotten and instead would have been us. It must frost their asses to know they only got in due to political threats. Not academics, not athletics, not brand.

Yes!

Va. Tech is lucky to be in our conference.

Heck they're lucky we let them in the old BE Football Conference.

I'm not sure keeping Coach P would have been a good thing. He was clearly on a downward course.

Agreed, which is why I said "that year". I think Cantor/TGD would have given him two years in the ACC to see how things went. Plus, with the increased $$$ and Cantor/TGD being pro-athletics, in the omniverse of Fringe, I think we get better assistants to help PP.

Cheers,
Neil

No guarantee Rice does for us what he did for Rutgers. No guarantee even that PP doesn't get fired.

I don't think PP gets fired in his first year in the ACC. Maybe after the 2nd, but I doubt it his first year.

As for Rice - 2005 it would have been Rhodes/Rice and then 2006 & 07 Rice/Carter. I think Rice would have been as good for us as he was for Rutgers.

Cheers,
Neil

That's one reason we need to be in that side of the divisions, the rivalry with Miami, Virginia Tech was great in the Big East, would be better in the ACC. Pitt should never have been put in that division, they were terrible during the time Miami, Virginia Tech were in the league. We still dislike Miami, Virginia Tech, and at least we know the fans of Virginia Tech feel the same way.

That's one reason we need to be in that side of the divisions, the rivalry with Miami, Virginia Tech was great in the Big East, would be better in the ACC. Pitt should never have been put in that division, they were terrible during the time Miami, Virginia Tech were in the league. We still dislike Miami, Virginia Tech, and at least we know the fans of Virginia Tech feel the same way.
I want NCSt in our division too...they are very easy to hate...plus we have so many Cuse fans living in Raleigh now. We need to close on that 1-6 all time record vs them too!

Beating them 6 out of 12 times in Big East play was never easy for them to take, especially in Lane Stadium. They weren't used to that like they are now (do they win home games anymore?)

Regardless, collectively they are the worst fans on this or any other planet.

Agree with much of this, but as annoying as redneck VT fans are, they decidedly come in second in the "worst fan" category to uconn.

Uconn fans occupy a circle of hell entirely unto themselves.

RF2044 said:
Agree with much of this, but as annoying as redneck VT fans are, they decidedly come in second in the "worst fan" category to uconn. Uconn fans occupy a circle of hell entirely unto themselves.

I have to agree with this. At least there are a couple of VT fans that know football. Can't say the same for the puppies.

44cuse

V Tech fans are like West Virginia fans minus the couch burning. Yeehaw!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom