Holy Cross game thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Holy Cross game thread

0-14 from deep...

I think I know what you're saying. Rak and McC need to shoot more threes!

McC really probably could. He has to be better than the guards.

Holy cow. For the first time, I see major problems behind the scenes. There is something seriously wrong with Mike G attitude wise. He was "suspended" for that one game and has frankly not been the same since. His play tonight when the walk-on was in there was ridiculous. That looked like a guy who is giving up.

G you a-hole! Pass to the walk-on.
Normally I would agree, but he needs to see the ball go in...my god that basket won't be standing much longer with him shooting at it.

So we went something like 10 years without having a game with zero three's, now we've had two in our last 7. Seriously W-T-F??

Silent G suddenly my most un-favorite Cuse player since MeShaun

That was odd. All he needed was to give himself a high-five after the dunk and it would have been perfection!

MGb is no Josh Pace. Please. And what was that selfish act at the end?

Holy cow. For the first time, I see major problems behind the scenes. There is something seriously wrong with Mike G attitude wise. He was "suspended" for that one game and has frankly not been the same since. His play tonight when the walk-on was in there was ridiculous. That looked like a guy who is giving up.

Agreed something is definitely very wrong. If he is a problem i hope it gets better or he politely moves on so it doesn't infect the whole group.

He is a disaster; a real-life Sandy Lyle

That was odd. All he needed was to give himself a high-five after the dunk and it would have been perfection!
I think we know the Cancer on the team...you transfer after a year...high alert for stuff like this.

Edit: Heat of the moment comment...I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but his late game play was strange.

Last edited:
McC/Rak had A games
Joseph had a B+ game
Johnson had a C game
Cooney has a D game
Gbinijie had an F game
Obokoh had a B game
Patterson/walkons didn't get enough PT.

Agreed something is definitely very wrong. If he is a problem i hope it gets better or he politely moves on so it doesn't infect the whole group.

The last time I remember seeing anything so odd on the court, it was Paul Harris' final game. where he was grabbing popcorn from fans and alley-ooping to himself and stuff. As if to say I don't give a shizz what JB thinks and I'm going to show him. I knew immediately he was not coming back the next year. That is the same exact vibe G gave in that little run there at the rend (the F-you Boeheim vibe).

I think we know the Cancer on the team...you transfer after a year...high alert for stuff like this.

Exactly... and its blatantly obvious with his demeanor out there.

How about not jumping to that conclusion just yet shall we?

I couldn't see the game, but it sounded like G had a terribad game, at the end he was probably desperate to simply get something positive going and simply compounded things making them worse.

Calling him a team cancer seems pretty premature at this stage.

The last time I remember seeing anything so odd on the court, it was Paul Harris' final game. where he was grabbing popcorn from fans and alley-ooping to himself and stuff. As if to say I don't give a shizz what JB thinks and I'm going to show him. I knew immediately he was not coming back the next year. That is the same exact vibe G gave in that little run there at the rend (the F-you Boeheim vibe).

Well if he cant make it work with coach k or jb.. i mean find a mirror...

McC/Rak had A games
Joseph had a B+ game
Johnson had a C game
Cooney has a D game
Gbinijie had an F game
Obokoh had a B game
Patterson/walkons didn't get enough PT.
White had more positive plays in 3 minutes than Gbinije has had in last 45 minutes.

How about not jumping to that conclusion just yet shall we?

I couldn't see the game, but it sounded like G had a terribad game, at the end he was probably desperate to simply get something positive going and simply compounded things making them worse.

Calling him a team cancer seems pretty premature at this stage.

I get what you are saying but if you watch him in the Carleton game and now... something is wayyy off.

White had more positive plays in 3 minutes than Gbinije has had in last 45 minutes.

LOL this is correct, kid must had 3 or 4 rebounds and ran the best looking break of the game for us. smh

Normally I would agree, but he needs to see the ball go in...my god that basket won't be standing much longer with him shooting at it.

That's even more of an argument for him not to be the one taking the shot.

I am a neutral party in the Pro/Anti Cooney debate but its hard for anyone to argue he isn't a really poor border-lining on terrible 3 pt shooter right now. At this point I am more surprised when the ball actually goes in versus a miss. You would never guess this guy was a dead eye shooter in high school.

Exactly... and its blatantly obvious with his demeanor out there.

The strange off-balance three was another What - looked like the three you take walking off the floor after half-time warm-ups. Bravo, G.

That's even more of an argument for him not to be the one taking the shot.
Well it was a wide open dunk...its not a bad shot, but rather unsportsmanlike with regard to White.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom