Holy Cross game thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Holy Cross game thread

22 point lead.. not a single 3 made. Good work defensively and on the boards. Given Holy Cross's win over Harvard i had them pegged as a tougher foe.

Overall I'm happy with that half. Defense gets better every game and the ball movement was a lot better.

It becomes apparent the more I see these guys that if we can ever figure out a way to make jumpers we will be really good by seasons end. If not it will be a grind against every good team we play.

The maddening thing with the iPad is that it insisted that I use the app...which wasn't working. Fortunately I have a PC to watch it on...thanks to the posters above for the heads-up.
Tried the same thing and it kicked me straight back to the app... Sigh

I guess all the hindsight-is-20/20 heat the Loyola game thread took really put a chill on the concept. Totally dead here...

Anyway, pretty solid response to losing xmas early, JB put him back in for extended minutes to see what he could do and he stayed foul free.

McCullough continues to look like a superstar.

Rock is absolutely unstoppable.

We have totally stopped shooting 3 pointers in favor of playing to our strengths and getting to the basket. That is a great strategy here, but doesn't allow for much in the way of using this game to prep for Michigan where we won't be able to just overpower them inside. So far, it has been a little better than we've seen as far as offensive flow and just having a plan.

Holy Cross is a worse shooting team than us if that's possible. The shooting thing HAS to be in our head right now. But I'll stop complaining now because every other facet has been terrific

I'm glad we are up 22 and just having our way in the paint. They have no way to stop Rak and CM inside. But in all honesty this is the worst shooting team in a very long time and I mean looong. Outside of the 2 side jumpers by CM, I think we missed every jump shot taken. If we continue to shoot like this from the perimeter we are going to be toast when when we hit the ACC schedule because we will not bully any conference teams. Cooney and BJ missed every open shot they had.

Overall I'm happy with that half. Defense gets better every game and the ball movement was a lot better.

It becomes apparent the more I see these guys that if we can ever figure out a way to make jumpers we will be really good by seasons end. If not it will be a grind against every good team we play.
That's exactly what I just told my son up here in Section 306. If we can hit some jumpers it will make Rak even more dominant in the lane as well.

We very quietly built a huge lead there. Holy Cross has to be wondering what just happened. Rak's big boyed them all half.

Man, what are the odds that DC and I would wear the same exact outfit today?

My wife got me that outfit for xmas, unfortunately she's making me wait until then to don it.

If we can keep this lead we could see Christian White get some playing time and see if this kid can give us some guard depth.

Rak and McC flat dominated that first half.

Man, what are the odds that DC and I would wear the same exact outfit today?
Does anybody own the domain whatcolemanwears.com?

Holy Cross making some shots this half 46-31 under 16 timeout.
Our outside shooting is just bad. Thank goodness for Rak/McC.

As expected HC cutting into the lead some. We need to have someone hit a damn outside shot or 2 a game.

As expected HC cutting into the lead some. We need to have someone hit a damn outside shot or 2 a game.

Cooney hit a short jumper with a hand in his face!

After the whistle, but at least he made it.

Our guard play is...blah.

So far this half...allowing threes, and them to penetrate at will.

22 pt lead disappearing at an alarming rate. Syracuse is a turnover machine

Gbinije is awful at the point. Not impressed by him at all.

Started writing a song just before the game. Been watching on and off. Going to mute it now, finish writing and hopefully we'll be back in charge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom