Holy ! Pimping out boys??? | Syracusefan.com

Holy ! Pimping out boys???

I am really, really hoping that report is not true.

I think when this is all said and done this whole deal is going to be so much worse than anyone could have thought possible.

Wow - it actually can get significantly worse. I really hope that's not true.

Have you seen the list of people on the board of this "charity". Caught the end of a radio host saying it was full of celebs and former athletes.

I think that Mark Madden said that it is RUMORED that Second Mile was used as a front by Sandusky to pimp out boys to big donors to the organization. I read somewhere last night that there was also speculation that Second Mile was used to funnel money into the PSU football program. It's important to keep in mind that at this point these are just -- disgusting -- rumors. But as Bees and others have noted, there appears to be reason to believe that some bombshells are about to be dropped sometime over the next 72 hours.

And that could be one or the missing puzzle pieces as to why Sandusky was protected. Don't want to lose those millions coming into the football program. Lack of institutional control. Come on NCAA shut them down. Cantor and Gross, tear up that contract.

Sent from my DROIDX

I pray this isn't true. I love sports because it's a diversion from life/real world stuff and this is just so horrific and overwhelming that it just makes me sick and enjoying sports right now seems like the farthest thing in my mind.

And that could be one or the missing puzzle pieces as to why Sandusky was protected. Don't want to lose those millions coming into the football program. Lack of institutional control. Come on NCAA shut them down. Cantor and Gross, tear up that contract.

Sent from my DROIDX

As you, Jake, and I have been saying all along - the Grand Jury transcript has some gaping holes in it - it doesn't all add up and there has to be more to this story. Just looking at the timeline of events makes you conclude that Sandusky had to have some sort of "angle" in order to continue having access to Second Mile and the PSU program following the events of 1998. This would be one possible explanation.

I can't wait to read the books. Pope Paterno is going to come out looking like an animal.

I think when this is all said and done this whole deal is going to be so much worse than anyone could have thought possible.

Agreed. I said to my wife that when this thing shakes out, Sandusky will be shown to abuse boys numbering in the 100's. This pimping rumor would take it to a whole new level.

Madden said that was the rumor (two journalists working on it) and that he expects that there will be a tie to Sandusky's resigantion to the coverup (quid pro quo).

I hope it is not true. Yet, I seriously always called Penn State "Pimp State." I did not thing that it was boys, however.

I pray this isn't true. I love sports because it's a diversion from life/real world stuff and this is just so horrific and overwhelming that it just makes me sick and enjoying sports right now seems like the farthest thing in my mind.

Completely agree. Haven't given two thoughts to the game tomorrow night because all of this is so sickening. Even made plans with the in-laws for dinner not realizing that the game was on at the same time. I blame Penn State.

As you, Jake, and I have been saying all along - the Grand Jury transcript has some gaping holes in it - it doesn't all add up and there has to be more to this story. Just looking at the timeline of events makes you conclude that Sandusky had to have some sort of "angle" in order to continue having access to Second Mile and the PSU program following the events of 1998. This would be one possible explanation.

I can't wait to read the books. Pope Paterno is going to come out looking like an animal.

Yep, all week I've been baffled as to why PSU would go to such lengths to protect Sandusky's awful secret. Why wouldn't they just have had him put away in '98, or in '02, or probably many times before and after? I really hope this rumor either isn't true or isn't as bad as it seems, because if it is then... I just can't imagine.

This is so bad that I don't think even the most critical PSU opponent can joke about this now or down the road. This is so beyond the realm of proper behavior that I don't even know how to respond. We have known they were the evil empire (only matched by the evil Hoyas in the world of basketball) but this just blows away the image.

As the father of 2 boys, I have had nightmares about what has been described. I also can't figure out what McQueary will still be on the sideline. Isn't he just as guilty as Paterno for not raising it to the authorities after reporting it to PSU officials?

Agreed. I said to my wife that when this thing shakes out, Sandusky will be shown to abuse boys numbering in the 100's. This pimping rumor would take it to a whole new level.
it's terrifying. of the (thankfully) small pool of these monsters, very few of them would have this kind of access and lack of monitoring to this many children.

I know how you feel.I haven't given games much thought at all since this came out.

I think that Mark Madden said that it is RUMORED that Second Mile was used as a front by Sandusky to pimp out boys to big donors to the organization. I read somewhere last night that there was also speculation that Second Mile was used to funnel money into the PSU football program. It's important to keep in mind that at this point these are just -- disgusting -- rumors. But as Bees and others have noted, there appears to be reason to believe that some bombshells are about to be dropped sometime over the next 72 hours.
It wouldn't make sense to have had a former coach hang around despite these allegations otherwise... Something big is coming...

I also can't figure out what McQueary will still be on the sideline. Isn't he just as guilty as Paterno for not raising it to the authorities after reporting it to PSU officials?

Agreed. If he saw it, report it. The only possibility I can think of is that PSU told him to keep quiet. In which case, I would expect him to come out with that bit of information soon.