Holy smokes, somebody's got some 'splaining to do. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Holy smokes, somebody's got some 'splaining to do.

My biggest question on this is West. Seems when Allen went out all of the sudden West was wide open on every play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/
maybe west has always been wide open unlike drews eyes -

the team confidence is off the charts with "snipe" hunt

Oh, you can ask that question but it doesn't mean you should. Just crazy to think that. I guess Chris Clark never got the memo with that last TD pass.

im not saying i believe it or that its not crazy- it is just hard to fathom hunt/allen being neck and neck in practice and then having such a delta between them in game situations.

It is clear that Drew Allen was told he would get a chance to start the season. I said that was the reason he came here to begin with. And the coach stood by his word and gave Allen his chance. It was clear to me this was happening as soon as Allen declared he was going to play here.

Our coach is an honest hard nosed guy and stood true to his word I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

Well - if that's the case, then he lied to Hunt by making him believe he was participating in a fair competition

Allen being sacked shows the problem is his, he is unable to read the defense, and adjust plays, also stands in one place, a stationary target. Two plays today by Hunt were all anyone needs to know, and had nothing to do with team-mates. He stepped up in the pocket for a TD pass, also tucked the ball, and ran for a first down. Had nothing to do with effort by his team-mates, Allen making a bad play, and Hunt making 2 good plays.

Were people here who have a bit more inside information convinced that Allen was the right guy based on performance this summer? Someone must know what the real situation is here...

Well, I don't think they necessarily have any explaining to do. But they do have an announcement they need to make. I say that having not watched anything but our first two drives, and reading about the rest. Looking forward to watching it tonight on the Tres.

Well, I don't think they necessarily have any explaining to do. But they do have an announcement they need to make. I say that having not watched anything but our first two drives, and reading about the rest. Looking forward to watching it tonight on the Tres.

watch the 3rd drive too

Are you serious? Bad call on the staff's part that they actually put AAM on the field.
That's a slap in the face of a kid who answered the bell whenever he was called upon, and has worked extremely hard. I know there's other kids that never see the field but still, it's bs.

Why are people assuming that AAM wants to red-shirt? He might want to his degree and go play his last year somewhere else. He's not going to pass Morris/McFarlane on the depth chart and there is no room for a FB in this offense.

Why are people assuming that AAM wants to red-shirt? He might want to his degree and go play his last year somewhere else. He's not going to pass Morris/McFarlane on the depth chart and there is no room for a FB in this offense.

Or he might want his degree, period.

Well he didn't, but if you get 4 carries and it kills your year or none and he'd have 2 years of eligibility left.

Transferred to where, to do what exactly?

Take the good degree, live your life.

This isn't a defense of Allen nor not to say Hunt didn't look great. But those first 3 series the runs were sans Smith for some reason and then Hunt comes in and it's all Smith. As to the routes, I didn't see any seam or crossing routes those first 3 series like I did after that. It's like we have 2 different offenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ive noticed a trend in your posts that seem to favor defending Allen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom