Holy | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Holy

Far be it from me to defend Franco, but this victim-blaming is worse than anything he posted.

A middle-aged man is dead. His friends and/or family watched him die while going about his everyday business.

Come on, man. That's terrible.

Who’s blaming the victim ?

Who’s blaming the victim ?

I'm not looking to argue, but you speculated about both a field sobriety test for the victim and the legality of his stopping and walking on the expressway. Apologies if I'm incorrect, but that comes across as insinuating that the dead person did something wrong.

I'm not looking to argue, but you speculated about both a field sobriety test for the victim and the legality of his stopping and walking on the expressway. Apologies if I'm incorrect, but that comes across as insinuating that the dead person did something wrong.
Wrong is not the correct choice of words here. His actions may (or may not) have been a contributing factor though.

Wrong is not the correct choice of words here. His actions may (or may not) have been a contributing factor though.

I agree with you, but I'm of the opinion that this thread at this time isn't a nice place to bring it up.

Your interpretation was wrong. My comments were considerations in response to all the H0T Takes.

I recall driving on 690 during a snowstorm years ago, weirdly also after a blowout win over Louisville. It was a horrifying experience, even with the flow of traffic going like 10-15 mph.

Really unfortunate. If the conditions are just wrong,it can be out of everybody’s control.

Many years ago, once I drove on interstate 690 after dark, the weather condition was like yesterday, slightly over the freezing point. I didn't speed but all of sudden I lost control of my car. The car began to spin. When it stopped spinning, the car had 180 U-turn and headed to the wrong direction. Luckily there were no other cars in the highway. I quickly turned around and drove home.

Sincerest condolences to the Jimenez family and many thoughts and prayers to them and the Boeheim’s. Growing up in and around that area of the city, I remember just how treacherous 690 near Midler always was. It’s narrow to begin with, with lots of overpasses, and the weather makes it a white knuckle ride. As many have said, this could have been any one of us. I feel awful for all involved, and I pray that both families have the strength to endure through the tough days ahead.

Condolences to the victim and best wishes to Coach Boeheim. Basketball and liabilities are secondary to the human drama of this tragedy. A man died and another was damaged. JB isn't beyond human empathy, quite the opposite. There's plenty of room to mourn in this situation...

He’s in a tough spot. it’s a bad look if he coaches Saturday. Would create the impression that he isn’t affected by what happened.

Let’s get more information as it is released.
Yes conditions were icy but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not at fault either. Could’ve been driving too fast for the conditions. Or maybe the pedestrian was impossible to see. Who knows at this point.

He shouldn’t be driving himself home at that late hour. I wouldn’t trust my parents at that age either. Asking for something bad to happen.
74?

74?

I didn't know how old Boehelm is. But many news article pointed out he is 74 years old. Many of them all implied he is too old to drive at midnight.

Last edited:
I know it is way too early to speculate about anything but I think it would be a nice touch to memorialize Mr. Jimenez and honor his family. Either through the community or the university. Lots of opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom