Home and home scheduled with Maryland... | Syracusefan.com

Home and home scheduled with Maryland...

Great !!! Maryland is going to bring down our strength of schedule. We may only just barely get into the playoffs in 2019.

So counting this year's game in CP, they basically end up with a 2 home:1 away deal?

Have plans for that day also...

upload_2013-9-5_15-0-29.png

Clearly we didn't consider UMD to be good enough for the automatic season opener 0-1 start. Once, just once is it possible we could start with a cupcake?

So counting this year's game in CP, they basically end up with a 2 home:1 away deal?

That's an interesting way to look at it. But if SU looked at it like that, then they'd have to scratch Maryland off the potential non conference opponent list. You're not going to get them to agree to a true 2 for 1 all because the coin flip put us there for this year's conference game.

If it makes you feel better, laugh at Pitt. They had to come to the Dome both last year and this year. BC and Wake also make 2 straight Dome visits before they get a return game.

that's 2 down 2 to go for OOC 2014. Now that we have Maryland 9/20/14 and Notre Dame at Metlife on 9/27/14 could we PLEASE open the season with an FCS team at home for once.

edit: also have @ Northwestern in 2019. Need to move that if they want 7 home games that year.

So our updated 2014 schedule

Notre Dame Metlife Stadium 9-6-2014
Maryland 9-20-2014
Villanova- is the 1-AA somebody on this board told me that ideally this game is 8-30-2014
TBA
our conference schedule
@Boston College
@Clemson
@Pittsburgh
@Wake Forest
Duke
Florida State
Louisville
NC State

With only 1 opening and 6 home games, 4 road games, and 1 semi-road game against Notre Dame our 12th game will likely be a road game.

that's 2 down 2 to go for OOC 2014. Now that we have Maryland 9/20/14 and Notre Dame at Metlife on 9/27/14 could we PLEASE open the season with an FCS team at home for once.

edit: also have @ Northwestern in 2019. Need to move that if they want 7 home games that year.

Looks like opening game will be Nova @ home, finally a cupcake.

I think it's a safe bet we'll open easier (for once) based on those announced dates. I'm sure one of the games will be FCS. The other will likely be from a lesser conference, maybe get a MAC team in here if one has availability.

The only way we don't is if the ACC wants us to be part of an opener, much like FSU @ Pitt. This time FSU @ Syracuse? I'm sure FSU isn't going to volunteer for an annual road game opener. Hopefully we can avoid that.

Maryland 9-20-2014
Villanova- is the 1-AA somebody on this board told me that ideally this game is 8-30-2014
TBA
our conference schedule
@Boston College
@Clemson
@Pittsburgh
@Wake Forest
Duke
Florida State
Louisville
NC State

With only 1 opening and 6 home games, 4 road games, and 1 semi-road game against Notre Dame our 12th game will likely be a road game.

Where did you get 9/6 for the ND game? ND site says they host Michigan that day, and has the same date Kirbivore mentioned, 9/27 for our game in NYC.

9-20-14 is my 17th anniversary

I think it's a safe bet we'll open easier (for once) based on those announced dates. I'm sure one of the games will be FCS. The other will likely be from a lesser conference, maybe get a MAC team in here if one has availability.

The only way we don't is if the ACC wants us to be part of an opener, much like FSU @ Pitt. This time FSU @ Syracuse? I'm sure FSU isn't going to volunteer for an annual road game opener. Hopefully we can avoid that.

FSU @ Syracuse for the opener would be a disaster, we don't fair well in open games as it is. The last thing we need breaking in yet another QB and at least one starting WR and several O linemen is a game against what will probably be a top 5 if not top 3 FSU team.

They're better than Stony Brook.

Not doubting you but what do you have to back that up. SB crushed Army and played with cuse for 3 quarters. I haven't seen Nova show any results like that and I dont count losing by 10 to a terrible BC team as proof.

Maryland 9-20-2014
TBA
our conference schedule
@Boston College
@Clemson
@Pittsburgh
@Wake Forest
Duke
Florida State
Louisville
NC State

Bring in a MAC or Sunbelt team in for a payday and go 7-4-1. It works for other schools, pay a premium to buy another home win. FSU, Clemson and Louisville, that's hard enough, go to the bakery and buy more pastry.

Maybe this means that 'Bama/LSU/Georgia are still trying to duck us for 2014...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom