Honest question is their a more full of itself fanbase than Pitt? | Syracusefan.com

Honest question is their a more full of itself fanbase than Pitt?

Alsacs

Living Legend
I mean their student section is so cute in how they think they are original and not Duke
Lite.

This program acts like its elite even if we don't win they are the prototypical little brother program.

Watching them pan the crowd, when was the last time you saw the dome like that? Maybe the 80s? We do have an old fan base and the students are almost non existent and you see more in the library walking from the dome than you saw in the dome.

I mean their student section is so cute in how they think they are original and not Duke
Lite.

This program acts like its elite even if we don't win they are the prototypical little brother program.

You'll get some clown in this thread calling out SU fans. Guarantee it.

samspann1 said:
You'll get some clown in this thread calling out SU fans. Guarantee it.

How is it clowning? It's legit and you'd have to be blind to not see it.

two3zone said:
Watching them pan the crowd, when was the last time you saw the dome like that? Maybe the 80s? We do have an old fan base and the students are almost non existent and you see more in the library walking from the dome than you saw in the dome.

Completely wrong. Their students are right in the court so thus a bit more noticeable. Also, we get far more students than they do for big games. Go to the Duke game and you'll see the same craziness

Bayside44 said:
What are they supposed to do, not care?

Maybe be a little quieter.

I wonder if they will be rowdy for their nit game this year.

Completely wrong. Their students are right in the court so thus a bit more noticeable. Also, we get far more students than they do for big games. Go to the Duke game and you'll see the same craziness
It's more than that. Reduce our crowds to the size of Pitt's. 23zone never saw a game at Manley if he thinks Pitt is good.

Lite.

You mean besides us?

Maybe be a little quieter.

Aw man, I love doing a game where the gym is packed to the rafters and the cheering is so loud you can hardly hear your partner's whistle. :cool:

But to respond to the question, Kentucky fans are just . And I thank the Gods of basketball I was able to watch the 1966 NCAA final when Texas Western beat them, and for being old enough to appreciate something of what was happening.

Last edited:
You mean besides us?
We are top 5 in alltime wins, have been top 2 in attendance since forever, have been to the final 4 in 1975, 1987, 1996, 2003, 2013, the longest winning season streak in the nation, won the 2003 NC, and been. National players for a while.

Pitt has been to one Elite Eight in 2009, two additional sweet 16 years 2004, 2008.

Pitt is nowhere near Syracuse. Syracuse is a top 10/12 program alltime.

We are top 5 in alltime wins, have been top 2 in attendance since forever, have been to the final 4 in 1975, 1987, 1996, 2003, 2013, the longest winning season streak in the nation, won the 2003 NC, and been. National players for a while.

Pitt has been to one Elite Eight in 2009, two additional sweet 16 years 2004, 2008.

Pitt is nowhere near Syracuse. Syracuse is a top 10/12 program alltime.
Pitt is NOWHERE near us.

yes --rutgers basketball fans---mostly immature and grossly not sophisticated in hoops.---like juvenile delinquents---worst fans anywhere

Announcers said the place was sold out with 12,000 people there. Did I hear that right? 12,000? Come on, that doesn't even come close to touching how fans and students pack the dome for big games.

We're nowhere as good as we act like we are.
We are behind Duke, UCLA, Kentucky, North Carolina, Louisville, Indiana, UConn.
We are level with Florida, Arizona, Michigan State.

We are an elite basketball program. Obviously we all want another 'ship but we are better than you think.