Honest question is their a more full of itself fanbase than Pitt? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Honest question is their a more full of itself fanbase than Pitt?

We are behind Duke, UCLA, Kentucky, North Carolina, Louisville, Indiana, UConn.
We are level with Florida, Arizona, Michigan State.

We are an elite basketball program. Obviously we all want another 'ship but we are better than you think.
I don't see us behind Indiana. They haven't done squat in 20 years. We have passed them in the modern world.

We are an elite basketball program. Obviously we all want another 'ship but we are better than you think.
You forgot Kansas.

And our brand is better than most those teams sans UK, UNC and Duke.

Add
You forgot Kansas.
Add Kansas to the top tier. However Syracuse is a national elite program we aren't in the top tier but we are in that second tier which is pretty damn good.

I like your list except we're behind Michigan State, IMO. So it comes down to how you define elite. A final four every 10 years is iffy. But elite or not isn't my issue. Many here act like we're Duke. Every announcer that doesn't agree is an idiot. Every poll voter that doesn't put us number one has a grudge against us. If we lose, it's almost always because of officiating.

I like your list except we're behind Michigan State, IMO. So it comes down to how you define elite. A final four every 10 years is iffy. But elite or not isn't my issue. Many here act like we're Duke. Every announcer that doesn't agree is an idiot. Every poll voter that doesn't put us number one has a grudge against us. If we lose, it's almost always because of officiating.
That's every fanbase.

Yes. Most fan bases are delusional. Not all act like they're Duke.
I don't even know what means.

All I know is people respect our program even down in Atlanta where I live, we're always on tv, have a huge fanbase and I run into to people rockin Cuse gear all over the country.

I'd like us to win more and I'd agree that our brand surpasses our "on the court" success but were definitely a second tier program with an elite brand, at the worst.

two3zone said:
Watching them pan the crowd, when was the last time you saw the dome like that? Maybe the 80s? We do have an old fan base and the students are almost non existent and you see more in the library walking from the dome than you saw in the dome.

Yeah I'm not sure you're accurately judging the scale of the Dome versus the Pete.

kuethstheman said:
We're nowhere as good as we act like we are.

We're a top 15 program all time. We're pretty f****** good. We're not Duke, Kentucky, UNC...but I don't think any of our fans think we are.

OrangeCrush22 said:
I don't think we should be giving Pitt fans sh@t for being good fans of their program. Neither Pitt nor Syracuse are ranked this year and they still packed the place and were into the game.

We had 30,000 against an unranked Miami.

Every fan base does that. You forgot the refs hate us. Every fan base thinks that to.

I dislike Pitt probably even more than Uconn and Georgetown, but I have to give them credit for how into the game their students are. I wish out fans were that rabid.
so now our fans aren't as good as Pitt? are you crazy?

Don't know for sure, but I believe he meant the dome can be a little stale sometimes for basketball. We are more of an NBA crowd then a typical college crowd. The fans are not always on there feet making noise, it can come off very quiet on television for some games, especially when the students are on break. Sometimes it takes a lot for the crowd to get onto its feet, especially against teams we perceive below us and unranked. We almost assume a victory and are a little flat from a fan standpoint which I think sometimes flows to the players.

What are they supposed to do, not care?
I'd be happy if they just thanked god that some ass clown from their bench, with a 3ppg average, bailed them out of a home loss to a depleted SU team by having a miraculous career game. They need to stop with the personal attacks on ppl's parents and girlfriends and focus on cheering for their own team. Because right now their energies are far too negative and way out of proportion to their team's mediocre record.

Pitt sucks, but its fans are acting almost as delusional and impolite as Yukon fans.

I'd be happy if they just thanked god that some ass clown from their bench, with a 3ppg average, bailed them out of a home loss to a depleted SU team by having a miraculous career game. They need to stop with the personal attacks on ppl's parents and girlfriends and focus on cheering for their own team. Because right now their energies are far too negative and way out of proportion to their team's mediocre record.

Pitt sucks, but its fans are acting almost as delusional and impolite as Yukon fans.

Yikes - this doesn't help the hangover. :bat:

I dunno, they made a big deal of playing us, I guess I take it as a compliment.

The fans are not always on there feet making noise, it can come off very quiet on television for some games, especially when the students are on break.

Try standing for any length of time without someone behind you telling you to sit down. I know there are plenty of Syracuse fans just begging for a better game watching atmosphere.

Maybe their students show up because they have great seats.
Exactly - I'm sure our student section would be just as crazy if they seats were that close on 3 sides of the court instead of just stuck on one end behind the basket.
It's the old fogey season ticket holders that are the problem - I had tickets one time a couple years ago right next to the student section and the students were standing and cheering most of the game, but just about everyone in the section I was in were sitting down. I was standing trying to watch the game and was asked to sit down. If you just want to sit and watch a game, STAY the F Home!

85SUAlum said:
Exactly - I'm sure our student section would be just as crazy if they seats were that close on 3 sides of the court instead of just stuck on one end behind the basket. It's the old fogey season ticket holders that are the problem - I had tickets one time a couple years ago right next to the student section and the students were standing and cheering most of the game, but just about everyone in the section I was in were sitting down. I was standing trying to watch the game and was asked to sit down. If you just want to sit and watch a game, STAY the F Home!

Other than student sections, no fan base anywhere stands the whole game. You have to know when to rise and stand.

Try standing for any length of time without someone behind you telling you to sit down. I know there are plenty of Syracuse fans just begging for a better game watching atmosphere.
Oh I'm aware, and this is part of what im talking about. It's almost becoming a culture where people don't stand up anymore besides when both halfs start. Iv been to plenty of other stadiums and iv never heard someone ask others to sit down like they do at the dome. When I went to a Florida Gators game and sat in a regular section (not the student section) the only time they say down was during commercials.

Other than student sections, no fan base anywhere stands the whole game. You have to know when to rise and stand.

That's not true, obviously it's very rare but I was at a Florida game in a general section, not the student section and the only time anyone sat in the whole stadium was during commercial breaks. And it's not necessarily that we don't stand for the whole game, but all the sitting comments has prevented more stand up and make noise type moments. They are few and far between except for big games. For example, the dome will be rocking for Duke obviously and people will always be making noise. But against a Miami for example, we only realy made noise in the last 2-3 minutes of the game.

Clev04 said:
That's not true, obviously it's very rare but I was at a Florida game in a general section, not the student section and the only time anyone sat in the whole stadium was during commercial breaks. And it's not necessarily that we don't stand for the whole game, but all the sitting comments has prevented more stand up and make noise type moments. They are few and far between except for big games. For example, the dome will be rocking for Duke obviously and people will always be making noise. But against a Miami for example, we only realy made noise in the last 2-3 minutes of the game.

And Pitts game yesterday was a special game because it was SU. Bet their Miami game didn't have the same atmosphere. As to standing, I have never been to an arena where everyone stood the whole game. You found a one off.