Honestly, what a -ing brutal 10 years of football? | Syracusefan.com

Honestly, what a -ing brutal 10 years of football?

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
I am not calling for coaches heads or anything not the purpose of my post by any means but I have been back on the east coast for 11 years now and other than the 2001 season it has been absolutely a horrendous run, we wonder why there are no fans left, it has been almost unwatchable for some time. My wife thinks I am insanse for still watching this every weekend. Sweet lord, I think we are all masochists. Would be lesss painful to just line up and have someone kick you square in the gonads!!

We are discussing and debating the same for 10 years!!!! All stuff that losing programs talk about. It blows. I don't care who turns it around and I know I will never cancel my seasons but holy has this been burtal or what.

That said, I am looking forward to tailgating Friday!!!!

We should change our mascot to this guy

wile.jpg

I am not calling for coaches heads or anything not the purpose of my post by any means but I have been back on the east coast for 11 years now and other than the 2001 season it has been absolutely a horrendous run, we wonder why there are no fans left, it has been almost unwatchable for some time. My wife thinks I am insanse for still watching this every weekend. Sweet lord, I think we are all masochists. Would be lesss painful to just line up and have someone kick you square in the gonads!!

We are discussing and debating the same for 10 years!!!! All stuff that losing programs talk about. It blows. I don't care who turns it around and I know I will never cancel my seasons but holy **** has this been burtal or what.

I'm with you. There used to be a time when an SU football loss would ruin my entire week. These days, I'm so desensitized to it that while it makes me sad, I just shrug it off. Just goes to show how far we've fallen.

I'm with you. There used to be a time when an SU football loss would ruin my entire week. These days, I'm so desensitized to it that while it makes me sad, I just shrug it off. Just goes to show how far we've fallen.

yeah, I do the same. Disappointing that it's been so ugly for so long.

We are discussing and debating the same for 10 years!!!! All stuff that losing programs talk about. It blows. I don't care who turns it around and I know I will never cancel my seasons but holy **** has this been burtal or what.

Absolutely right on. I am sick of defending SU to others that laugh when I proudly say I am a fan. Defending your team talking about teams from ten years ago and beyond is just sad. I know things will turn around, and I think they are on the right track, but I wish the train on that track was more of a bullet train than a hand cart.

good post because it sums up the schizophrenic angst that it is to be an SU football fan.

With respect to the wife I hear ya, when you add in a couple away game excursions they then want to commit you somewhere for rest. That said finally got the mrs. to do some tailgating and she at least now gets that part of it. With the football part sometimes I think she and all of our wives may be right...

Worst 10 years ever. I told my wife I was going to start being a ND fan and my daughter ..."What, no way...you can't" she has been trained well that grasshopper. I bleed Orange but this has been a tough 1999-2012.

Definitely right along with you guys. It's been a long time. It all started with us not being able to find a Qb to succeed Mcnabb and since then it's been downhill all around. That is over a decade, just really painful.

When SU loses, it still ruins my whole week. I want to see this team succeed so badly, it hurts when they lose. Truly.

While I'm not calling for Marrone's head your post does bring up an important point. You can't look at Marrone's tenure in isolation...its now part of a horrendous decade for SU football. The more this goes on the further removed the program is from actual relevance. The amount of cognitive dissonance by some here in regards to Marrone is truly remarkable. Isn't this suppose to be about winning and not a jobs program for football alums?

I'm with ya.

We are now re-hashing arguments made at the end of the GRob era....which were arguments re-hashed from the end of the Pasqualoni era.

At this point, NCAA Sanctions be damned.....go buy us some players.

I have spent the entire season pushing and promoting Syracuse football to guys I run into while lifting at the local Y (outside of Dayton, Ohio). I have been casting a grand vision for how SU is ready to change things around. Now I just feel bad for having them watch. One guy mentioned to me after the Pittsburgh win, "yeah it was ugly." Geez, ya think? Even when we win, it's brutal. I am actually hopeful that nobody watched the Rutgers game, I am embarrassed. I bleed the Orange and everyone knows I am a huge Syracuse fan, but I am now waiting until basketball to start pushing some program love in Ohio State country.

Dead on exactly how I feel

We know, we were there.

We played a game at Cincy in 2006 where GRob totally mangled a late first half series. That was the moment when I realized without question he was not the man for the job.

Running the ball on 3rd and 12 from the Rutgers 20 in a tie game with 11 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter may prove to be that moment for me with Marrone.

Running the ball on 3rd and 12 from the Rutgers 20 in a tie game with 11 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter may prove to be that moment for me with Marrone.

It could be for me too. My wife, who follows football much closer than the average female, turns to me and said "Why'd they call another run on third and long? Didn't do they do same thing against Pitt last week?!"

It doesn't get much worse than when your novice football fan wife starts to point out ball-less decision making.

It could be for me too. My wife, who follows football much closer than the average female, turns to me and said "Why'd they call another run on third and long? Didn't do they do same thing against Pitt last week?!"

It doesn't get much worse than when your novice football fan wife starts to point out ball-less decision making.

When that starts happening you aren't worried about your coach and his Xs and Os. You are worried about him losing his common sense.

I'm not even joking, someone needs to sacrifice a goat or lamb or something smack dab in the middle of the block S on Ernie Davis field.