Hoops Dynasty League | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hoops Dynasty League

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371586257.933340.jpg

It's a wonderful feeling when you look down at your iPhone and see you've been "tee'd up"

Haha, Yes I know her. Nothing serious though. I think we've maybe had 3 or 4 conversations, but that's about it. You can ask her if she knew someone who's nickname rhymed with "J-Lo" and she'll be able to corroborate that story.

Way to stir the pot, Dowd...haha

No worries lol, leave it to edowd to come up with some crazy lol. I shot her an email tho.

Yea man, Kenny hooked me up for my wedding. It went from, "we have 8 months to plan this thing" to "oh snap, they are sending me to Alaska, and if we arent married by like thursday, you cant come." Ken took care of the suits for me and my best man. Always pays to be buddies with the dry cleaners!

I just ran across this thread and thought I'd let you guys know about a game I've been playing for a long time. It is a college basketball text sim. (I don't work for them, don't earn any money, etc) The developer is a guy named Brian and he has made one of the best games I've ever played. He also has a pro version. If you are a college hoops fan, you are missing out without this game. Note: The teams are real but the players are all fictional.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/fbcb/

He also has a pro version, with a full historical database going back to 1946 with every player to ever play. You can also play all fictional players as well.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/fbb/

You can even create or join an online league, like this one that I am in: (and no I am not Cuse in this league)

http://www.fbcb-fofc.com/

There are no monthly/season fees. Once you buy it, it is yours forever. You can play solo while the computer runs all the teams, or you can play with friends in an online league. You can customize just about everything in the game as well.

If you own both games you can import your college players to the pro game as they declare for the draft/graduate.

There are free demos for both games!

I just ran across this thread and thought I'd let you guys know about a game I've been playing for a long time. It is a college basketball text sim. (I don't work for them, don't earn any money, etc) The developer is a guy named Brian and he has made one of the best games I've ever played. He also has a pro version. If you are a college hoops fan, you are missing out without this game. Note: The teams are real but the players are all fictional.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/fbcb/

He also has a pro version, with a full historical database going back to 1946 with every player to ever play. You can also play all fictional players as well.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/fbb/

You can even create or join an online league, like this one that I am in: (and no I am not Cuse in this league)

http://www.fbcb-fofc.com/

There are no monthly/season fees. Once you buy it, it is yours forever. You can play solo while the computer runs all the teams, or you can play with friends in an online league. You can customize just about everything in the game as well.

If you own both games you can import your college players to the pro game as they declare for the draft/graduate.

There are free demos for both games!

blocked at work :(

Stop playing around at work! ;)
Check it when you get home, but here is the feature list from the college game link:

Fast Break College Basketball Features
  • Play as any of the 347 current teams or add your own custom teams to the league.
  • Customizable default league allows you do add or delete conferences, teams, or preseason tourneys.
  • Expanded postseason option allows you to use between 1 and 4 postseason tournaments.
  • Recruit players from over 11,000 US High Schools, Junior Colleges, or foreign countries.
  • Choose from 4 different rating styles: 1-10,1-20,1-100,A-F
  • Export draft files for use with current and future versions of Fast Break Basketball.
  • Choose your own non-conference schedule: Select your opponent, the game location, and whether or not you would like it to be a home-and-home series.
  • In depth stats options: If you want to see the leaders for sophomore centers from the West Coast Conference, you can do it.
  • Exhibition Games: Export any team during the season for use in exhibition play.
  • Coaching development system: Allows you to become a better coach as your accomplishments increase.
  • Job offers: If you are successful with your current team, you may recieve offers to coach a more prestigous team.
  • AI Coaches each have their own strategy for running their program.
  • Detailed History Section: Check past results for things like All-American and All-Conference teams, preseason tourney results, postseason tourney results, conference champs, conference tournament champs, national and conference stat leaders.
  • Spectator mode: You are not required to coach a team. The game can run without any human coaches if you want to build up some history before you take control of a team.
  • HTML support for online leauges.
  • FTP support added for transfering team files to the league commissioner.

If anybody does buy it, let me know if you are looking for some pre-existing conference alignments, or custom files. I know a fan website or two that have some nice mods including conference alignments, team logos, etc...

Stop playing around at work! ;)
Check it when you get home, but here is the feature list from the college game link:

Fast Break College Basketball Features
  • Play as any of the 347 current teams or add your own custom teams to the league.
  • Customizable default league allows you do add or delete conferences, teams, or preseason tourneys.
  • Expanded postseason option allows you to use between 1 and 4 postseason tournaments.
  • Recruit players from over 11,000 US High Schools, Junior Colleges, or foreign countries.
  • Choose from 4 different rating styles: 1-10,1-20,1-100,A-F
  • Export draft files for use with current and future versions of Fast Break Basketball.
  • Choose your own non-conference schedule: Select your opponent, the game location, and whether or not you would like it to be a home-and-home series.
  • In depth stats options: If you want to see the leaders for sophomore centers from the West Coast Conference, you can do it.
  • Exhibition Games: Export any team during the season for use in exhibition play.
  • Coaching development system: Allows you to become a better coach as your accomplishments increase.
  • Job offers: If you are successful with your current team, you may recieve offers to coach a more prestigous team.
  • AI Coaches each have their own strategy for running their program.
  • Detailed History Section: Check past results for things like All-American and All-Conference teams, preseason tourney results, postseason tourney results, conference champs, conference tournament champs, national and conference stat leaders.
  • Spectator mode: You are not required to coach a team. The game can run without any human coaches if you want to build up some history before you take control of a team.
  • HTML support for online leauges.
  • FTP support added for transfering team files to the league commissioner.

When at home, I am busy spending time the family, riding the motorcycle, etc...basically doing other fun things. Playing games at work, makes the day go quicker and being at the office less boring...

Thanks for the info...will check it out at home...;)

My recruiting class for this season was ranked #6 in Div III. Problem is, I have a bunch of freshman and sophmores and 1 junior (who cost me $6.5K in recruiting money this season). Hopefully in a season or two, gonna have a killer team. Will probably redshirt one of the freshman I picked up, probably the PF.

My recruiting class for this season was ranked #6 in Div III. Problem is, I have a bunch of freshman and sophmores and 1 junior (who cost me $6.5K in recruiting money this season). Hopefully in a season or two, gonna have a killer team. Will probably redshirt one of the freshman I picked up, probably the PF.

Heck yea man... I didnt have many options for this year. I had noone graduate, so I still had a team full of bums that the Sim recruited, and the sophs that I recruited. Only $1500 in recruiting money. Took a chance, cut one of my SFs, and threw everything I had into a CV and a scholly offer to a D2 transfer from East Syracuse. Thankfully I locked him down.

Now the problem I'm running into is he doesnt know my offense, or D... I play Motion, hes a D-, but a A- in the triangle. Defense I'm running the zone C-, and hes an A- in man to man.

I think I'm going to play the next exibition game running the Triangle and man to man, see how much better he performs, and how much worse my guys perform.

My PFs and Cs keep attempting 3s...had to shut that down...

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Beat Brockport for the first win of the season. Still to early to know if switching Defenses to help that transfer did anything... We will see against Caz this afternoon... crossing my fingers.

2-0 baby! Is Keuka basketball turning a corner? Or are they just enjoying a week OOC schedule? Stay tuned to find out!

Look at the ratings of the teams you played so far...Mt. St. Vincent will be your first test...then Amherst, Goucher and then starting off conference play with #13 Hartwick...

I know, lol. I was just trying to keep the excitement going.

I am 2-0 to start as well...My next games are against teams with the following ratings: 520, 502, 513, 480, 504, 503, 542 (YIKES!!) and 495 for an average of 507.38. My team's current rating is 472...

My OCC schedule avg is 467, Conference avg is 476. My team is rated 491.

Based on just ratings alone, I could win 20 games this season lol. I know that ratings isnt the only factor, I just think its insane how much of a 180 it is from last year.. the freshman I recruited made some progress, and that transfer was a huge get. Now we just have to put it all together on the floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom