Hop - Pac 12 COY | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hop - Pac 12 COY

Why are people annoyed or upset. This is absolutely perfect. I am fully confidant if we went calling to Hop after JB rides off, that he'd come back.

And to top it off, he's actually getting P5 coaching chops, not mid-major or worse, but legitimate P5 competition.

Awesome! I really hope he makes it to the tournament. Yeah, yeah...we’re battling with them for a spot. Oh well. Beat Wake, UNC and Miami to get in ourselves. The committee would love to be able to pair us together. Congrats to Hop. Well deserved for a great man.

Why are people annoyed or upset. This is absolutely perfect. I am fully confidant if we went calling to Hop after JB rides off, that he'd come back.

And to top it off, he's actually getting P5 coaching chops, not mid-major or worse, but legitimate P5 competition.

I don't see him coming back. He looks so happy and has such genuine love for his guys. After all, he is extremely loyal and Syracuse can attest to that. Think he'll stay loyal to the AD that brought him in and the guys he recruits and build that program up even more than he has already.

I don't see him coming back. He looks so happy and has such genuine love for his guys. After all, he is extremely loyal and Syracuse can attest to that. Think he'll stay loyal to the AD that brought him in and the guys he recruits and build that program up even more than he has already.
I don’t see him leaving but that’s me. We missed our window.

This is great! Yay, Hop! So cool! It's been a lot of fun having another team to folow/root for and even better that they're on the left coast and usually have different game times.

This is great! Yay, Hop! So cool! It's been a lot of fun having another team to folow/root for and even better that they're on the left coast and usually have different game times.
UW has plenty of potential. Like Syracuse, there is no pro team to compete against. Seattle is a far more livable city than LA or SanFrancisco. Compared to CA inner cities WA is paradise. There is no competition from Oregon for local recruits. If talent rises in Vancouver they can easily extend their recruiting north. Their football team shows that recruits will come to Seattle if there is a winning atmosphere. Hop - he gone. My guess is that UW is his last move.

UW has plenty of potential. Like Syracuse, there is no pro team to compete against. Seattle is a far more livable city than LA or SanFrancisco. Compared to CA inner cities WA is paradise. There is no competition from Oregon for local recruits. If talent rises in Vancouver they can easily extend their recruiting north. Their football team shows that recruits will come to Seattle if there is a winning atmosphere. Hop - he gone. My guess is that UW is his last move.
Sounds like a great situation for Hop. I also heard there is a good AAU circuit there. I hope he has great success.

That is just super dope. Congratulations, Mike!

Super excited/proud for Hop. I hope he continues this roll, I hope Washington doesn't get any sanctions for the previous staff's BS, and I look forward to his name being in consideration for the SU job when JB calls it a career.

Excited for hop, always watch the presser of him being introduced at UW. Its a program primed to be a powerhouse and they got the best coaching prospect in the nation.

Lets not think of him as the one that got away but one of our own that earned his spotlight. We’ll find a successor for Boeheim *cough Gmac cough*, its Hop’s time to become a legend.

People should be happy because he’s a genuinely awesome human being. And he’s an alum and will always be a fan too. Same with his wonderful wife. Root for good things to happen to good people.

As others have said...don’t be so sure.

He has a love for Syracuse that's unmatched... It's why he stayed on so long. He wants the Cuse job. But I think with Boehiem staying on so long he needed to move on and build a resume. And Pac 12 coach of the year certainly helps do that. He now has experience turning a team around. Id give it about 3 years... The only question is will we still want him after.

Can someone take the lead on a group card from syracusefan.com congratulating Hop? I know we've used this a few times in the past but think it would be a great show of support.

He has a love for Syracuse that's unmatched... It's why he stayed on so long. He wants the Cuse job. But I think with Boehiem staying on so long he needed to move on and build a resume. And Pac 12 coach of the year certainly helps do that. He now has experience turning a team around. Id give it about 3 years... The only question is will we still want him after.

I don’t think he’ll maintain that interest once he turns Washington into a perrenial top 20 team that recruits nationally. A lot of money, a lot of support. He’s beginning to try and build a winning tradition for a fanbase that craves it.

I don’t think he’ll maintain that interest once he turns Washington into a perrenial top 20 team that recruits nationally. A lot of money, a lot of support. He’s beginning to try and build a winning tradition for a fanbase that craves it.

I'd replace 'once' with 'if'

I'd replace 'once' with 'if'
Thats completely fair. I give him ‘once’ after seeing what he did in one year there. You can argue quality wins etc. but this was an awful washington team from last year that lost the number 1 draft pick and #1 2018 recruit.

This would be like if Dino came in year 1 and got us 8 wins out of nowhere.

Thats completely fair. I give him ‘once’ after seeing what he did in one year there. You can argue quality wins etc. but this was an awful washington team from last year that lost the number 1 draft pick and #1 2018 recruit.

This would be like if Dino came in year 1 and got us 8 wins out of nowhere.

UW has a nice big football stadium. One of their main competitors, Wazoo, just invested in new football facilities and it is paying off in terms of upgrading their program. I would not be surprised if UW seizes this opportunity to invest in new or upgraded basketball facilities that would further decrease the chance of Hop ever returning. He gone.

I'll eat some crow - I was a major doubter after the 4-5 stretch. I was wrong.

Very happy for him. Great life for him up there - beautiful, booming city and beautiful campus - with a huge following.

I'd be happy if my son ended up at UW. Hope he does for them what Lute Olsen did for Arizona. Washington is a sleeping giant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom