Hop quote | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hop quote

kcsu said:
raw talent that will mature with playing time and good coaching. I think he is going to improve a ton over the course of the year

That just seems like a blanket statement that you could really use about any player.

I wish I could be on board with this as we really need him right now but he's honestly shown nothing.

raw talent that will mature with playing time and good coaching. I think he is going to improve a ton over the course of the year

Let's hope he's not "2 years away from being 2 years away" though.

There is nothing wrong with getting a little more BJ
Reminds me of a line an absurdly hot bartender at PJ Dorsey's (for those who remember it well enough, she was clearly the captain of their A-team...a mix between Jenny McCarthy and Reese Witherspoon) said to me and my friends one Happy Hour. A customer complains, she walks over to pour him a new beer at a tap right in front of us, she looks up at us and says, "That's the first time a guy has complained about me giving him too much head."

We were in love with her after that.

jekelish said:
Reminds me of a line an absurdly hot bartender at PJ Dorsey's (for those who remember it well enough, she was clearly the captain of their A-team...a mix between Jenny McCarthy and Reese Witherspoon) said to me and my friends one Happy Hour. A customer complains, she walks over to pour him a new beer at a tap right in front of us, she looks up at us and says, "That's the first time a guy has complained about me giving him too much head." We were in love with her after that.

Her name was Nikki, I worked with her at Hooters in the mall back in 99 haha.

a disaster in todays basketball. there is a reason no one ever plays 1-3-1
Beilein still trots it out occasionally. That's the only one I can pull off the top of my head.

Her name was Nikki, I worked with her at Hooters in the mall back in 99 haha.
I assume the Reese Witherspoon/Jenny McCarthy comparison sparked that recognition? And the timeframe works. This would have been around 2001 or 2002.

I don't think Mookie and Chino have very similar games, personally.

No, but BJ and Mookie do. Chuckers. I just mentioned it because I thought we wouldn't be seeing BJ the rest of the season prior to this injury.

No, but BJ and Mookie do. Chuckers. I just mentioned it because I thought we wouldn't be seeing BJ the rest of the season prior to this injury.
...I...I was kidding. I really didn't think you believed Chino and Mookie were similar.

BJ knows how to play, I just thought he wasn't quite developed/strong enough yet to play, especially in conference. he has his chance.

edit: BJ is not a chucker, not in the mookie mold anyway...c'mon man!

BJ knows how to play, I just thought he wasn't quite developed/strong enough yet to play, especially in conference. he has his chance.

edit: BJ is not a chucker, not in the mookie mold anyway...c'mon man!

He absolutely is. I guarantee you he will launch a three within a few seconds of getting a pass on his first touch. I don't know if he can play yet. He has some more natural skills than Mookie for sure so I consider him a more advanced Mookie, like a T-9000. ;)

jekelish said:
I assume the Reese Witherspoon/Jenny McCarthy comparison sparked that recognition? And the timeframe works. This would have been around 2001 or 2002.

Yup, that's exactly what sparked it. And she worked at Dorsey's afterwards in that time frame. She was smoking hot, I dated one of her friends but couldn't keep my eyes off her. Easily the hottest girl I've seen in Syracuse in all my years here.

He absolutely is. I guarantee you he will launch a three within a few seconds of getting a pass on his first touch. I don't know if he can play yet. He has some more natural skills than Mookie for sure so I consider him a more advanced Mookie, like a T-9000. ;)

mookie could actually shoot though

"You'll see more BJ and you'll see more Chino. Everyone can play or else they wouldn't be here."

Everyone who complains JB doesn't play enough guys is about to get their wish.
Chino cannot go 10 minutes without 5 fouls.

Hallelujah.
Dragged kicking and screaming it looks like JB will HAVE to play the bench and hope they can deal w/ it.
I'm a proponent of the more time a kid sees, the more improvement we can expect. We're still in January, plenty of time to grow & adjust.
We weren't winning a NC this year anyways, so why not develop some guys due to circumstances?
I look forward to the growth of BJ and Chino. Heres to a great season of SU bball!!!!

Hallelujah.
Dragged kicking and screaming it looks like JB will HAVE to play the bench and hope they can deal w/ it.
I'm a proponent of the more time a kid sees, the more improvement we can expect. We're still in January, plenty of time to grow & adjust.
We weren't winning a NC this year anyways, so why not develop some guys due to circumstances?
I look forward to the growth of BJ and Chino. Heres to a great season of SU bball!!!!
We need Chino and BJ to watch a little star wars and learn to play with these guys...

We need Chino and BJ to watch a little star wars and learn to play with these guys...

Except we learned in episode three that Yoda was just spouting a bunch of crud and size really did matter when Darth Sidious pummeled him by using the force to throw those large senate pods at him. If size didn't matter Yoda should have just brushed them out of the way like pebbles. Its so disappointing really watching all those movies just to find out the Jedi counsel was dumber than a box of rocks (hello young Skywalker is a moody teenager and the only one of you dressed in black, everyone knew who the Sith lord was halfway through episode 1) and that other than my man Obiwan (the baddest a$$ jedi ever) the dark side crushed them.

Last edited:
Except we learned in episode three that Yoda was just spouting a bunch of crud and size really did matter when the Darth Sidious pummeled him by using the force to throw those large senate pods at him. If size didn't matter Yoda should have just brushed them out of the way like pebbles. Its so disappointing really watching all those movies just to find out the Jedi counsel was dumber than a box of rocks (hello young Skywalker is a moody teenager and the only one of you dressed in black, everyone knew who the Sith lord was halfway through season 1) and that other than my man Obiwan (the baddest a$$ jedi ever) the dark side crushed them.
We never learned that, because those movies don't exist.

Wait! So it was just a bad dream? Good news.
Yes. And weirdly enough, a few years later I had a similar horrible dream about Indiana Jones and aliens.

Donte Greene: [Laughs].

Sean Williams: What's so funny?

large_mediadaygroup.jpg
I think Sean Williams was tickling Donte's ankles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom