Hope JW looks among these guys | Syracusefan.com

Hope JW looks among these guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
List is bogus without Jared Grasso. Bryant could be a bracket buster if they can win their tourney with many out on CP.

I will pass on anyone that spent time in Memphis
what you talkin" about ?

c060e5540b5cd8ca9d9893cdae76eaad--young-elvis-car-photos.jpg

These things are click bait (yet I always click on them), but 1) no GMac and 2) some of these mid-major guys are far more interesting to take note of.

And for those taking note at home, Niagara is 8-10 going into its conference tourney.
What has Gmac done to make the list? Bring in a top 100 recruit? No. Players show progression under him? No. Dynamic energetic attitude? No. If fishing and being underwhelming are things they’re looking for then he probably could make the list.

I wouldn’t be interested in any of them.

Mike Miller quit Memphis to spend time with family and is now his sons HS bball coach.

Wes Miller seems ok. I’m sure he’d be gone if North Carolina ever came calling.

Jamion Christian is terrible. Under .500 career record.

Travis Steele .58 winning percentage is a disappointment at Xavier

Mike Boynton is an outstanding recruiter but doesn’t have the results. 29-40 in the Big 12.

Will Wade how does this guy still have a job? He is a walking scandal.

Ashley Howard the Nova assistant. .39 winning percentage in the A10. Not good.

Richard Pitino who is about to be replaced soon I’m sure.

Jon Sheyer. Not no, but hell no. I don’t want any Dukie coaching our team

Dana Ford with his .50 record coaching in the OVC and MVC

Joel Justus honestly I don’t want any assistant from any team. Especially anyone under Cal.

Bob Richey hasn’t done a bad job at Furman. He just hasn’t been involved in big time basketball yet. Could have a nice future.

Chris Ogden has gotten worse every year at Texas Arlington.

Luke Murray see Joel Justus above

Kim English see Luke Murray above

Andy Toole has had some really good seasons at Robert Morris but also some really bad ones. Overall I could not take a chance on him.

I wouldn’t be interested in any of them.

Mike Miller quit Memphis to spend time with family and is now his sons HS bball coach.

Wes Miller seems ok. I’m sure he’d be gone if North Carolina ever came calling.

Jamion Christian is terrible. Under .500 career record.

Travis Steele .58 winning percentage is a disappointment at Xavier

Mike Boynton is an outstanding recruiter but doesn’t have the results. 29-40 in the Big 12.

Will Wade how does this guy still have a job? He is a walking scandal.

Ashley Howard the Nova assistant. .39 winning percentage in the A10. Not good.

Richard Pitino who is about to be replaced soon I’m sure.

Jon Sheyer. Not no, but hell no. I don’t want any Dukie coaching our team

Dana Ford with his .50 record coaching in the OVC and MVC

Joel Justus honestly I don’t want any assistant from any team. Especially anyone under Cal.

Bob Richey hasn’t done a bad job at Furman. He just hasn’t been involved in big time basketball yet. Could have a nice future.

Chris Ogden has gotten worse every year at Texas Arlington.

Luke Murray see Joel Justus above

Kim English see Luke Murray above

Andy Toole has had some really good seasons at Robert Morris but also some really bad ones. Overall I could not take a chance on him.
Re: Mike Miller. Maybe you don’t know this but Nat Oats was a high school coach in Michigan before Bobby Hurley hired him as an assistant at Buffalo. Good coaches can come from places you don’t expect.

Screw Grasso. Defend your boy now.
First, to Cous, Grasso is 40, so he does not qualify for this list.

Personally, I understand where Jared is coming from with those quotes. I like the passion.

Don't like the lack of judgement speaking on the record about a follow coach like that. That is an indication that he is likely to make some bad decisions down the road.

Personally, I understand where Jared is coming from with those quotes. I like the passion.

Don't like the lack of judgement speaking on the record about a follow coach like that. That is an indication that he is likely to make some bad decisions down the road.
Grasso didn’t like the narrative being portrayed.
Should he have shut his mouth? Yes, probably because JB doesn’t forget this stuff and JB has friends that he will remind of this.
However if JB was saying they wouldn’t reschedule the game and they were willingly then Grasso was right in what he said.
JB sez stuff so people can’t pushback on him. JB said Bryant wouldn’t reschedule Grasso heard that and wasn’t happy JB was saying something that wasn’t true.

Both sides are wrong here for different reasons.
JB doesn’t need to embellish the truth and Grasso shouldn’t feel the need to correct the record in something that wouldn’t help him in the future.

Re: Mike Miller. Maybe you don’t know this but Nat Oats was a high school coach in Michigan before Bobby Hurley hired him as an assistant at Buffalo. Good coaches can come from places you don’t expect.

Im not implying that a high school coach can’t coach at a higher level. I am saying that Miller quit coaching at Memphis to spend more time with his family. He is now coaching his two sons in High School. He is focused on his family right now. He’s not leaving to come to Syracuse or anywhere else at this time.

Per the title of this thread, why would JB be interested at all? You are assuming he is picking his successor. If he goes kicking and screaming (even quietly) why would he hav a say or want one. Besides, "everybody" here says its 2 years away at least, and the whole list could change by then

Screw Grasso. Defend your boy now.
What did he say that was bad? JB defended his teams poor play in not practicing, Grasso said they gave them 5 chances to cancel and called JB out and capped it off by saying he respected him. JB doesn’t have a free pass to spout falsehoods, he got called out.

Per the title of this thread, why would JB be interested at all? You are assuming he is picking his successor. If he goes kicking and screaming (even quietly) why would he hav a say or want one. Besides, "everybody" here says its 2 years away at least, and the whole list could change by then

It says JW. As in John Wildhack, our AD.

If JB and staff can improve recruiting, they can stay as long as they want. I don’t worry about JB’s coaching. He knows what to do. Substitutions haven been an issue for twenty years. That’s not going to change.

All we want is an under 40 established head coach who has a reputation as a superstar recruiter, a winning record in regular season, conference, and tourneys, preferably with at least one national championship under his belt, or maybe two final fours. Also, needs to be willing to take market or maybe less than market to coach at Syracuse.

Which cuts to the list to about zero people.

I thought he was in his 30's. His team plays to his personality, crappy and intense. If he could be in a position where he could get better athletes, he might be a player at a high level.

Status
Not open for further replies.