Hopkins Gameday... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins Gameday...

Would like to see Corsi at attack over Berkman ,,,I he would draw slides and make immediate impact
I agree with this but would also like to see Birtwistle get some runs on attack...does anyone know if he's available or hurt?

september to now is plenty of time to encourage transition, risk taking, install an offense. it seems that's been reined back. coaches' call. short bench. you can't run a parallel sim to see how it would've worked. this last game, aggressive riding was encouraging. poles causing turnovers. kennedy is a #1.

but as you say, you can't have both. you have to live with some mistakes for the times they push it.

agree on those pushing back on the hand wringing that have posted on coaching styles in-game. desko coached those teams in the 80s and 90s. slugger was the spirit and soul. many coaches, top coaches do it similar. tierney's the greatest coach ever because he's fiery at the refs! he's protecting his guys!! haven't seen him do anything but jawbone at refs for years 90%, 10% left to yell at a random player. uses his late timeouts so he can scream at stripes on the actual field. the hop crew have chimed in on gait similarly and they wanted nadelen! he might not have spoken to a player in-game in years.
You can encourage transition and risk taking, but you need the guys who are capable of making an impact in transition and capable of having good things happen when they take those risks. No more Dearth and being forced to move kennedy down to close does is enough to cancel out efforts to push transition. We have Dordevic and Seebold already 1 turnover away from Rehfuss' total season turnover count (11)! I don't know if I want to see more risk taking from this squad if they are incapable of protecting the ball properly. I don't want guys who are not good feeders throwing risky or "creative" feeds! As far as "implementing an offense" goes, I doubt Gait even knew what he wanted as an ideal mens D1 offense before some trial and error. It is part of what we signed up for by hiring a guy like him who hasn't been running offenses in the mens game until this point. If you manage to bring in a Tiffany type guy who is both a D1 mens coaching vet and has a rather distinctive approach, even then it takes time for the former coaches team with the same old guys to adopt a new style. Gait is learning some things the hard way in the early going. As I said after the hopkins game, all I want to see is a willingness to change and adapt to what he is seeing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom