Hopkins Gameday... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins Gameday...

Gait is not a great in game coach. What was the strategy?

Honestly I have no idea. Were in year 3 essentially half way through and I still don't know what Gait is bringing during the game. You have to wonder at what point do you start to question if this is working?

This is what happens when you expect the game plan you used against unranked teams to work against #2. Smh…

Honestly I have no idea. Were in year 3 essentially half way through and I still don't know what Gait is bringing during the game. You have to wonder at what point do you start to question if this is working?
At least work the refs.

And I’m not saying go nuclear like Tierney or Petro.

Interact and advocate FFS.

Desko and Slugger were great at that.

Offense is reason not wining this game. To many turnovers allowing to many trail checks and missing shots all over. We need shooters from outside to open up middle. Sadly don’t think we have many and we keep dodging down turning back on double team instead dodging up or to middle so double comes forward. Missing passes dropping passes just sloppy. Offense needs to step it the hell up.

The refusal to change up the O lines is insane.

This is the biggest frustration. Thomson has 2 assists and is playing well but the rest of the midfield and Mule are struggling how about changing things up, Inverting Rhoa or Birtwistle, getting Kellogg or McCarthy some run etc...

Try someone on offense néw someone create a spark or make guys play with heart. Also need to stop with dumb late hits n dumb penalties. Specially when getting ball back.

The only saving grace is that Hopkins is struggling as well on offense, shoddy stick work, bad passes, shots going nowhere near the net. Still, this might be the worst offensive performance I’ve seen from SU in some time. Just look completely lost, dodging into obvious double teams, waiting too long to shoot then getting stick checked. Just bad bad bad. I know Hopkins has a god defense but it doesn’t look like they are doing anything crazy. Best guess is they didn’t expect them to slide so fast, but they still could have made adjustments. Bizarre stuff. SU looks scared to make a mistake to the point where they are making obvious mistakes. Brutal.

The only saving grace is that Hopkins is struggling as well on offense, shoddy stick work, bad passes, shots going nowhere near the net. Still, this might be the worst offensive performance I’ve seen from SU in some time. Just look completely lost, dodging into obvious double teams, waiting too long to shoot then getting stick checked. Just bad bad bad. I know Hopkins has a god defense but it doesn’t look like they are doing anything crazy. Best guess is they didn’t expect them to slide so fast, but they still could have made adjustments. Bizarre stuff. SU looks scared to make a mistake to the point where they are making obvious mistakes. Brutal.

This, 100%

This is the biggest frustration. Thomson gas 2 assists and is playing well but the rest of the midfield and Mule are struggling how about changing things up, Inverting Rhoa or Birtwistle, getting Kellogg or McCarthy some run etc...
Call a timeout. Get the play you want at the end of the half. Try to come up with something to great a matchup mismatch or at least get the guys to run some kind of an offense. I have no clue what we are trying to do. I do not feel like Hopkins has some elite defense. We are getting hurt by trail checks. Call timeout and get the guys to have some awareness of what Hop is trying to do and how we will counter it. Gait might be a great recruiter but his approach against teams with similar or better talent is lackluster!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom