Hopkins no to Boston College | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins no to Boston College

Good to hear he's staying but don't like dissension in the ranks.

Good to hear he's staying but don't like dissension in the ranks.

Certainly don't like it the way Gilardino said it. It's Hop's when JB decides to hang it up, if he cares to wait...but not a moment before.

Great to have Hopkins onboard still. Not sure what to think of the rest of what was posted.

@SIPeteThamel: St. Bonaventure Coach Mark Schmidt was in Boston area today for his first in-person interview with BC, according to sources.

Something happened today with BC. Hopkins will not be the new head coach.

Hopkins has had it with Boeheim postponing promised retirement. By guess he's staying at this point.

Any chance he looks at Cal?

Glad that he's apparently staying, but the annual "Will Hopkins go to [insert mediocre D1 program here]?" drama is getting old.

I also hope that an agreement was made so there is a mutually beneficial understanding between them on their futures. Tough situation for both men.

I also hope that an agreement was made so there is a mutually beneficial understanding between them on their futures. Tough situation for both men.
Real tough situation.
JB is still passionately into it and won't be pushed to do anything (understandable). MH knows his clock is ticking and is tired of waiting (understandable).
We can only hope that they can sit down and, for the sake of the program, hammer something out.

jb probably would of retired already if not for our move to the acc which has rejuvenated him. We need to stop going thru this every year, JB and hop and su need to sit down and come to some sort of understanding if jb is planning on retiring after Olympics in 2016 give hop more $ and tell him no more interviews,if not he can keep interviewing as he sees fit

I'm hoping that Hopkins and Boeheim had a genuine "Come to Jesus" meeting over this.

th

I wonder how Mike will feel tomorrow , April fools day,

I assume any team who wants to hire mike is going to require a significant buyout clause because of his su affiliation. Im sure its the holdup in him landing a decent job or wanting to accept a decent offer.

Glad that he's apparently staying, but the annual "Will Hopkins go to [insert mediocre D1 program here]?" drama is getting old.

But it still hasn't reached the proportions of "Is Bret Favre coming back?"

Something happened today with BC. Hopkins will not be the new head coach.

Hopkins has had it with Boeheim postponing promised retirement. By guess he's staying at this point.
How would you know how Hop feels about JB? You wouldn't. Stop that.

Well this is a fairly weird and anticlimactic end to this. Something happened, BC is done, hop is peeved at jb...

The last part is really odd and what I have a hard time believing. Aren't they like father/son?

Well this is a fairly weird and anticlimactic end to this. Something happened, BC is done, hop is peeved at jb...

The last part is really odd and what I have a hard time believing. Aren't they like father/son?
It's nonsense. Hop has a job right now because of jb. Hop is coach in waiting because of jb. Now, Jb has also been self serving in his relationship with Hop. Leaking that he may retire at any time when the P.C. job came open and they were thinking of Hop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom