Hopkins no to Boston College | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins no to Boston College

I think the loyalty to JB and seasoned loved for his tenure at SU is great on this board.

But you have to decide whether you're loyal to JB, or the program.

Trueblue25 said:
I think the loyalty to JB and seasoned loved for his tenure at SU is great on this board. But you have to decide whether you're loyal to JB, or the program.

They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

I think the loyalty to JB and seasoned loved for his tenure at SU is great on this board.

But you have to decide whether you're loyal to JB, or the program.
a load of nonsense. First, we are as much a threat to get to the final four as almost any team is in any given year. Who would you place in front of us? Duke, ok. MSU, ok. UNC, ok. Louisville, ok. Kentucky, ok. One could say UConn but will that last with no revenue coming in? And they have been to the same number of final fours as us. Throw Florida in and a couple of others. The reality is that we are right now a top ten program. To think that Hop will be a magic bullet is very risky. I know Hop. I like Hop. I want him to be the next coach. But to think boy I can't wait until Hop gets in and we will start going to final fours on a regular basis...hard to believe. Look, if AO hadn't got hurt and Fab had read a book, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Was Hopkins at the Knicks/Nets game about 4 rows up? I could've sworn I saw him or his Doppleganger on tv.

No they dont and since JB has been the face for a very long time it makes it hard to find seperation. I remember thinking the program was in huge trouble when Danforth left. Same when Ben left and Mac left and for many not me but many others when Doug left. The program is what matters. The program gets all ties. When that is breached you end up with a potential mess. See PState and others. JB realizes this.

a load of nonsense. First, we are as much a threat to get to the final four as almost any team is in any given year. Who would you place in front of us? Duke, ok. MSU, ok. UNC, ok. Louisville, ok. Kentucky, ok. One could say UConn but will that last with no revenue coming in? And they have been to the same number of final fours as us. Throw Florida in and a couple of others. The reality is that we are right now a top ten program. To think that Hop will be a magic bullet is very risky. I know Hop. I like Hop. I want him to be the next coach. But to think boy I can't wait until Hop gets in and we will start going to final fours on a regular basis...hard to believe. Look, if AO hadn't got hurt and Fab had read a book, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

First off, you're putting words in my mouth. I never said we'd turn into an immediate final four contender once Hop stepped in. I didn't even say we'd still be a top 25 team once Hop stepped in. I did, however, infer that we'd be in a position to build back to where we are now, and improve in the future. With Hop as our coach I think we'd have the ability to do that more quickly. There will be a drop off in team performance in the years following JB's retirement, obviously. I'm just saying, we have a future with Hop etc. in place, I'd like to keep that future instead of rolling the dice.

Enough with the shoulda coulda's about AO and Fab. We have no idea whether we would've won those years and to say we would've proves nothing.

If JB wins a tournament in the next 2 or 3 years, fine bring up this thread and laugh at me. I just don't know if it's going to happen.

Though 2016 looks tasty.

They don't but there is a difference.

One retires and moves on.

The other is forever changing and on going.

Jim Boeheim Syracuse basketball was some of your lifetimes, for the older guys on this board.

I'm 20. I still have a future of greatness to hope and pray for... hopefully another 80 years of LGO.

They don't but there is a difference.

One retires and moves on.

The other is forever changing and on going.

Jim Boeheim Syracuse basketball was some of your lifetimes, for the older guys on this board.

I'm 20. I still have a future of greatness to hope and pray for... hopefully another 80 years of LGO.
When you get older, you will have a different view of this subject. And others as well.

We win 30 games every other year at this point. We sign top 10 classes regularly. We've gone to recent Final Fours and Elite Eights. When you do those things, you are a championship caliber program. One of the great and maddening things about college basketball is that one game can sink a whole season, as we've seen. It drives me crazy that people are mixing up single game results (this year's late season swoon notwithstanding), and "long term stability" or whatever.

I've been a Syracuse fan for six seasons, and in three of those we had incredibly good chances to win the national title- 2010, 2012, 2013. It hasn't happened yet, but that's not an indictment of our program, and if Triche hadn't been called for a charge last year, or Fab/AO hadn't had their issues, it wouldn't mean the program is necessarily healthier than it is now. It's just the way the ball bounces, I have faith we'll get the lucky bounces in early April again.

We win 30 games every other year at this point. We sign top 10 classes regularly. We've gone to recent Final Fours and Elite Eights. When you do those things, you are a championship caliber program. One of the great and maddening things about college basketball is that one game can sink a whole season, as we've seen. It drives me crazy that people are mixing up single game results (this year's late season swoon notwithstanding), and "long term stability" or whatever.

I've been a Syracuse fan for six seasons, and in three of those we had incredibly good chances to win the national title- 2010, 2012, 2013. It hasn't happened yet, but that's not an indictment of our program, and if Triche hadn't been called for a charge last year, or Fab/AO hadn't had their issues, it wouldn't mean the program is necessarily healthier than it is now. It's just the way the ball bounces, I have faith we'll get the lucky bounces in early April again.
You have the perspective of a much older sports fan. I can only hope some of your peers on this board and elsewhere eventually come around to understand that the sole measure of the success of a program, team, player or coach shouldn't be championships won. That can (and should) be the goal, but anyone who observes competitive sports over time can only conclude that even for the most talented, championships are not easy to come by and generally require the right alignment of the moon and stars.

Last edited:
GoodmanESPN: Boston College has agreed in principle to a deal with Ohio University's Jim Christian, multiple sources told ESPN.

TrueBlue, I have run the numbers, and unless you make major changes soon, I feel obligated to advise you that this is exceedingly unlikely.

mt_718_400_80_s_c1.jpg

esq-05-buffito-latenight-0912-mdn.jpg

p1030468.jpg

TrueBlue, I have run the numbers, and unless you make major changes soon, I feel obligated to advise you that this is exceedingly unlikely.

mt_718_400_80_s_c1.jpg

esq-05-buffito-latenight-0912-mdn.jpg

p1030468.jpg

Little known fact, Mighty Taco actually discovered the fountain of youth.

Each mighty and buffito contains up to 75 additional days added to your life.

I'm on pace to live to 250.

Little known fact, Mighty Taco actually discovered the fountain of youth.

Each mighty and buffito contains up to 75 additional days added to your life.

I'm on pace to live to 250.

Oh dear. I apologize and salute you on your high tech gringo Mex provided longevity. Viva El Mighty Taco! Arriba!

When Carrier Dome IV opens, please walk up to the opposing coaches box and growl threatening sounds into it for a couple of plays for me. Perhaps you can direct some Mighty Taco based flatulence into the box as well. A 100 year old LincolnCuse, watching nearby will nod his head and smile.

Oh dear. I apologize and salute you on your high tech gringo Mex provided longevity. Viva El Mighty Taco! Arriba!

When Carrier Dome IV opens, please walk up to the opposing coaches box and growl threatening sounds into it for a couple of plays for me. Perhaps you can direct some Mighty Taco based flatulence into the box as well. A 100 year old LincolnCuse, watching nearby will nod his head and smile.

Would not wish this on my worst enemies..

When Carrier Dome IV opens, please walk up to the opposing coaches box and growl threatening sounds into it for a couple of plays for me.
You/we had quite the influence for a number of years. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom