Hops' recruiting class is ranked 5th for 2017 | Syracusefan.com

Hops' recruiting class is ranked 5th for 2017

GooseMutt

All Conference
And it includes the number 1 ranked PF in country. Quite a contrast to our 2017 basket. With that much incoming talent we will get to see what he can really do. How the heck does Washington recruit so well? Mind blowing.

And it includes the number 1 ranked PF in country. Quite a contrast to our 2017 basket. With that much incoming talent we will get to see what he can really do. How the heck does Washington recruit so well? Mind blowing.
Washington hired the kid's father to be a ass't coach. That is how. The father isn't a coach there anymore. Porter won't be there anymore as well.

oh my, 3 birds with 1 stone.

an assistant, a stud 1 and done and a 2 or 3 year guy.

I need to go get my 'Make it So'...meme from the football board...
It's worth a phone call. Porter Jr. did say he wants to play here and we do have an assistant coach position available. If there's speculation that Porter Jr. might go to Oklahoma, then perhaps he's not 100% committed to Mizzou. By no means do I think we'll get them, but like I said, it's worth a phone call.

You might want to get out of Syracuse once in a while. UW is one of the most beautiful places on the planet.

You might want to get out of Syracuse once in a while. UW is one of the most beautiful places on the planet.

This may be true, but elite/top hs players getting free rides to play hoops aren't going to their chosen schools primarily because it's a beautiful place on the planet...it may be on line 9 or 10 of 10 when considering, but certainly not a decisive factor. If Tyus Battle is having any regrets about reneging on his UM commit, it's not because of geographical beauty. ;)

It won't be ranked anywhere near 5th when all is said and done.

The center piece of the class, Michael Porter JR, is not going to be on the roster.

They have a really nice top 50 combo guard though. Hopefully Mike can retain him.

Call me skeptical that we could hire Michael Porter Sr. literally like a week after he accepted another job.

Call me skeptical that we could hire Michael Porter Sr. literally like a week after he accepted another job.
Technically he hasn't accepted the Mizzou job yet.

Regarding the rest of Washington's class, including Porter, the top 3 guys that they've gotten commitments from are all from Seattle. That helps a ton. Seattle is one of the best cities in the country for basketball; if Hopkins can take advantage the way Romar did, he's going to have a lot of highly rated recruiting classes.

What is Michael Porter Sr.'s background? Is he a capable coach? Is he somebody we want in the program short or long term? Does he like snow?