Hops' recruiting class is ranked 5th for 2017 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Hops' recruiting class is ranked 5th for 2017

I am from Syracuse. What that has to do with anything is beyond me.

Maybe I'm glad I didn't go, the lack common sense around here lately is shocking.

This entire thing has stink written all over it, a lot of things recently have stink on it and a majority of the fans are loyal to a fault and have no problem seeing this program go into the toilet.

You don't wait 10 years for a job and leave a year before you walk into it. Recruiting, scouting and player development just doesn't fall off as bad as it has. And while it's been happening for awhile, these fringe NBA players are bailing as fast as they can.

Current AD has been here how long? Makes things quite a bit different than when this whole "coach in waiting" thing started under the previous AD. Not sure the waiting 10 years to leave 1 year before the job opens is as it seems considering the recent AD changes.

Current AD has been here how long? Makes things quite a bit different than when this whole "coach in waiting" thing started under the previous AD. Not sure the waiting 10 years to leave 1 year before the job opens is as it seems considering the recent AD changes.

Or JB changed his mind? Or Hop is mad?

Our two latest recruits are long lean JB 2-3 zone type guys. Maybe Hop wanted to do the recruiting for his team and sees it's not happening the way he wants for the team he is going to coach. Who knows.

Could be a million things but zero chance it's as cut and dry as they tried to make it sound.

Anybody who doesn't see Washington as a top job is crazy.

Rick Pitino has mined Seattle for Louisville and won a NC because of Peyton Siva.
Terrance Williams was another stud Pitino got from Louisville.

Hopkins will do fine. That city is amazing. Washington athletics were on a roll then Oregon FB rose up and now Dana Aldman and Oregon BB has risen up.
Washington-Oregon have a rivalry.

Hopkins got a top quarter PAC-12 job.

I really hope JB contacts Mike Porter Sr. and does what everyone else does.

Duke would get Recruits parents employment while they were at Duke. See Chris Duhon.

A 2003 New Orleans Times-Picayune investigation (article not available online) revealed that former Duke guard Chris Duhon's mother landed a job working for a Duke booster; co-workers say the job opening was never posted and that Harper was overpaid and lacked qualifications.

Could be a million things but zero chance it's as cut and dry as they tried to make it sound.
And zero chance it's the doomsday scenario some are presenting.

Or JB changed his mind? Or Hop is mad?

So now your calling Juli Boeheim a liar? That's not a point in your favor. She outlined how it came about in her home and that Jim was shocked Mike was leaving as of 4:20pm on Saturday. JUst because you want there to be a conspiracy and that many conspiracy theories about this seem to make sense doesn't mean they are true. Oh Lord

I think the recent 'downturn' in recruiting has been tied to the announced retirement date of JB. That had to have been used against us mercilessly in negative recruiting.

That is no longer hanging over us because JB's new extension does not specify how long. The sky is not falling.

I think the recent 'downturn' in recruiting has been tied to the announced retirement date of JB. That had to have been used against us mercilessly in negative recruiting.

That is no longer hanging over us because JB's new extension does not specify how long. The sky is not falling.
Could it be that elite recruits didn't want to commit to a coach with no experience instead of a HOF coach?

If our recruiting and scouting haven't fallen off then why do we have 1 and a half good players on the roster as it stands right now?

Outside of Battle and the offensive half of Thompson who else is a capable ACC starter?

The results on the court may not have reflected it lately, but next year we are very likely to have a 1st round pick for the 7th straight year. Only a few schools can match that.

The results on the court may not have reflected it lately, but next year we are very likely to have a 1st round pick for the 7th straight year. Only a few schools can match that.

And one or two of them was a high impact player. We're not hanging that stat from the rafters.

And one or two of them was a high impact player. We're not hanging that stat from the rafters.

7 is still 7. and 99% of the schools cant make that claim.

So what? You keep moving the goalposts.

The first round drafted streak does help with recruiting.
JB or some assistants should go to the NBA draft when our guys are invited.