Horse Racing | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing

I was singled to Dr Post in the classic so didn’t get it either. I had 5 of 6. Buddy of mine liked the 10 horse in last so I threw it in there.

Welcome to my favorite day of the year. I was always one of these guys until I got smart. Now I will stroll in at 11 am to my reserved table. Well worth the upcharge. I've had an ok meet so far. Never done particularly great on Travers Day but today could be a breakthrough. That sounds like a true gambler when the last race of the day will determine whether you are up or down for the day. Good luck everyone.

Pick6 on travers day paying a whole 100 bucks to essential quality, yuck

that horse trying to bite the other in the stretch run is something I dont recall ever seeing in a race.. pretty strange to see..

that horse trying to bite the other in the stretch run is something I dont recall ever seeing in a race.. pretty strange to see..
Commentator had a great point regarding the other horse's tongue flopping away from the action. If his tongue was on the other side it was going to get bit.

Welcome to my favorite day of the year. I was always one of these guys until I got smart. Now I will stroll in at 11 am to my reserved table. Well worth the upcharge. I've had an ok meet so far. Never done particularly great on Travers Day but today could be a breakthrough. That sounds like a true gambler when the last race of the day will determine whether you are up or down for the day. Good luck everyone.

Was up at Saratoga a couple times this month including this past weekend with the family. Went to the Track on Friday but didn't go to the Travers. It was great to be in town with the big race going on and people being able to attend in person again.

The breeders cup stole money from me today. I think I’m done.

The breeders cup stole money from me today. I think I’m done.
The 10th race was a black eye for racing. Twitter is blowing up. Real bad for racing.

Life is Good for me so far today. Much better than yesterday.
I have my doubles from yesterday still going into the distaff and classic, but stuck to my guns...didn’t bet today, not watching. I’m sure I’ll be back eventually.

Has the Kentucky Derby result ever been finalized? Baffert should be banned forever and the sport needs oversight. 5 furlong work out and the horse dies..... What is wrong with these people.

I had that horse who won the rebel at 75-1 in my boxes but needed that 10 to get taken down for a huge win.. ahh so close..

I had that horse who won the rebel at 75-1 in my boxes but needed that 10 to get taken down for a huge win.. ahh so close..
Was just happy to see Baffert lose tbh.

That's a tough beat. I love the stallion ( laoban) of the winning horse. NY bred as well. Unfortunately, Laoban passed away as they had moved him from NY to KY once he proved to be a successful sire.

3 big preps yesterday.. I thought the Wood was a blah race, I thought the Tabia that won the Santa Anita was impressive considering it was only its 2nd race.. It will be interesting to see if thats enough prep to come back and win the Derby.. It paid well though as an exacta with such a short field and the 2 heavy favs. Forbidden Kingdom fell apart I wonder if it goes from a Derby fav to not running now.

The horse that won the blue grass Zandon ran a big race as well to be beat Smile Happy..

3 big preps yesterday.. I thought the Wood was a blah race, I thought the Tabia that won the Santa Anita was impressive considering it was only its 2nd race.. It will be interesting to see if thats enough prep to come back and win the Derby.. It paid well though as an exacta with such a short field and the 2 heavy favs. Forbidden Kingdom fell apart I wonder if it goes from a Derby fav to not running now.

The horse that won the blue grass Zandon ran a big race as well to be beat Smile Happy..

mo Donegal had a nice set up along with a great finish from Rosario. I’m sure Rosario will ride Epicenter in the derby though who was impressive winning the LA derby.

mo Donegal had a nice set up along with a great finish from Rosario. I’m sure Rosario will ride Epicenter in the derby though who was impressive winning the LA derby.
Mo Donegal is a nice grinding type who seems suited to the KY Derby; whomever picks up that mount will have a good chance to hit the board there. Early Voting had an ideal trip as lone speed yesterday and couldn't get it done; he seems better suited to a race like the Preakness where there will be a smaller field and probably a less contentious pace scenario.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom