Horse Racing | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing

with no horses on the derby trail for 2 yrs i wonder what owners will leave him. it effects the fillies as well. And Calif saying they will honor the bans from Ny and Kent means the next 2 yrs for him and his barn could be interesting. can he even be around the horses to make the ban mean anything

Last edited:
with no horses on the derby trail for 2 yrs i wonder what owners will leave him. it effects the fillies as well. And Calif saying they will honor the bans from Ny and Kent means the next 2 yrs for him and his barn could be interesting. can he even be around the horses to make the ban mean anything
I'm sure this gets appealed and will all the other states follow. Other trainers have been suspended so this is not new but will they allow his assistant run the show for two years under the Baffert name and be able to run coast to coast. Or does the Baffert barn truly gets shut down. This will be interesting with no national horse racing governing body.

I'm not a horse racing aficionado at all but I am a "sports calendar" guy and every year I watch certain things just because it's that time of year, (which made 2020 the Twilight Zone). One, (or three) of those things is the Triple Crown of Racing every spring. I'm not a gambler so like most casual fans, I lose interest if there's no chance at a Triple Crown.

This always leads me to think if this couldn't be done better. Why not set up a 'tour' of major races a month apart for, maybe 8 months, including the Derby the Preakness and the Belmont and have overall standings for all 8 races for farms, owners, trainers, jockeys and the horse themselves, with additional prize month, (and betting opportunities for each? Interest would be sustained all spring, summer and fall and it wouldn't matter that no one horse could win all the races.

they kinda tried it once.. they ended up with triple crown and then the breeders cup.. not enough interest in the sport for the rest.. kind like how nascar has fallen off except for the die hard fans and indy car is a bunch of races no one cars about.

they kinda tried it once.. they ended up with triple crown and then the breeders cup.. not enough interest in the sport for the rest.. kind like how nascar has fallen off except for the die hard fans and indy car is a bunch of races no one cars about.

The triple Crown doesn't create momentum for the breeder's Cup. If they had a continuous event, a 'season', it might still work.

Was there yesterday for a bit, weather wasn't great but still great to be there
Here is a couple I took on opening day. Real good crowd but it didn't seem crowded at all.

Attachments

• 20210716_064319.jpg
    20210716_064319.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 20210716_063447.jpg
    20210716_063447.jpg
    843.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 20210716_063811.jpg
    20210716_063811.jpg
    710.2 KB · Views: 87
Me too, next month. It's been 3 years, too long.
Too long for sure. Last season was the first I missed in about 50 years, when my parents would take the family there each August when I was a kid.

going this weekend.. how are the handling the vaccinated vs non-vax crowd?

going this weekend.. how are the handling the vaccinated vs non-vax crowd?

I was at the picnic tables Sunday. I didn't see any vax versus non vax. Not even upon entry. Maybe I missed it.

i wondered what they were doing.. they claimed a separation was gonna happen and they were gonna have 2 zones.. not a big deal outside at the tables.. i could always just do all my betting on the phone app anyway and never enter a crowd..

i wondered what they were doing.. they claimed a separation was gonna happen and they were gonna have 2 zones.. not a big deal outside at the tables.. i could always just do all my betting on the phone app anyway and never enter a crowd..
I think that was the plan until the NY State fully reopened. At that point, NYRA scrapped that idea.

still says you need a mask without a shot on the nyra site.. but of course not asking for any proof.

still says you need a mask without a shot on the nyra site.. but of course not asking for any proof.
Yes, before you would have needed proof of vaccination to move freely about. Now everyone is on the honor system.

anyone know if the track has fixed the wifi in the last couple of years? or are they still using the SU method of less is more?

I dont play many pick 6s but there was almost 11 million in the pool at Del mar today. 3 chalks and a couple nice non favs and I had 3 shots in the last race and my 22-1 got beat by a 24-1 in the stretch.. ..

ahh so close. I could have had 10 horses and not found a way to get to that horse though so I dont feel so bad..

I dont play many pick 6s but there was almost 11 million in the pool at Del mar today. 3 chalks and a couple nice non favs and I had 3 shots in the last race and my 22-1 got beat by a 24-1 in the stretch.. ..

ahh so close. I could have had 10 horses and not found a way to get to that horse though so I dont feel so bad..
That's a tough beat. It's so hard to get yourself in that position.

yup.. my wife was like why are you yelling over a dumb horse race.. then she heard the payout and went oooohhh..

I actually had the 10 (had all), singled Tripoli, and amazingly didnt have Rosario on the 3 in the only non stakes race. hideous by me...on a cutback. Sick over playing Eurtons crummy Dream Shake And Bafferts speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom