Horse Racing | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing

The horse game is like college sports - it doesn't pay not to cheat. Will Wade, Bill Self, Baffert...the list is endless. The teflon attitude the cheaters feel is the most infuriating.

So Baffert would be like the current LSU and Arizona that got caught with no punishment. Which trainer is like Duke in that we all know they're dirty but haven't been officially santioned?

Channel 5's weekend anchor, Lauren Kalil , three times referred to this race as a the "Peek-ness" during the 6PM news report.

Lauren Kalil | WSTM (cnycentral.com)

1621119779436.png

Actually I blame her producer more than Lauren. That mike in her ear is there for situations just like this.

still not sure how i had the 6 keyed on top the 2 underneath in 3/ and somehow had the 3 in 2/3 but the 5 only in 3/4 on my ticket..

i blame my wife for having me spend the whole day staining decks instead of paying attention to horses.. told he she cost me big bucks with the silly house work

still not sure how i had the 6 keyed on top the 2 underneath in 3/ and somehow had the 3 in 2/3 but the 5 only in 3/4 on my ticket..

i blame my wife for having me spend the whole day staining decks instead of paying attention to horses.. told he she cost me big bucks with the silly house work

Are you still married?

Was live to 2 and 8 in both pick 4 and 5 and whiffed. Hated the Baffert horses and midnight bourbon, just had the wrong 10-12/1 horses, The two got suck in the gate and ran a decent 4th once he got moving. Huge move at the turn by the winner. Good race

Was live to 2 and 8 in both pick 4 and 5 and whiffed. Hated the Baffert horses and midnight bourbon, just had the wrong 10-12/1 horses, The two got suck in the gate and ran a decent 4th once he got moving. Huge move at the turn by the winner. Good race

Sucks because he looked fantastic coming out of nowhere at Golden Gate...and I thought he could again with a wicked pace but didn’t really do it on dirt vs Ess Quality. Thought he might be synth type. Oh well...

I’m all about EQ at Belmont depending on the field

Sucks because he looked fantastic coming out of nowhere at Golden Gate...and I thought he could again with a wicked pace but didn’t really do it on dirt vs Ess Quality. Thought he might be synth type. Oh well...

I’m all about EQ at Belmont depending on the field

agree on EQ but I thought O’Neil horse might have a shot. Eddie horse or whatever name was

Looks like Linda Rice is losing her trainers license for no less than 3 years. Also fined $50,000.

Looks like Linda Rice is losing her trainers license for no less than 3 years. Also fined $50,000.
Now NY needs to come down hard like this on the chemists.

That was a good move and much deserved, the knowledge on the entries is one thing but the paying of certain members of the gate crew was ridiculous. Quite honestly, I wish she was given 5 years. I remember a stake race at Saratoga a few years ago, a 6F sprint between fillies, two pure speed horses in a 6-7 horse field one trained by Linda Rice. Gate opens and the other speed horse is mysteriously held an extra second by the assistant starter in the gate, horse broke dead last trailed field by 7-8 lengths, Linda's horse who was the favorite takes an easy lead and gallops to the win, Makes you think and it was not an accident or a gate mishap.

Ill dig up the race

On a lighter note, I just watched Let it Ride with Richard Dreyfus. Classic, and anyone on this thread who hasn’t seen it yet should. You won’t be disappointed. The characters are simply brilliant.

On a lighter note, I just watched Let it Ride with Richard Dreyfus. Classic, and anyone on this thread who hasn’t seen it yet should. You won’t be disappointed. The characters are simply brilliant.
one of the best horse racing movies of what its really like in the areas of the track most of us frequent..

so the Monmouth meet got off to a great start with the new Crop rule.. lost jockeys and horses and trainers.. couldnt fill the card so only 6 races opening day today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom