How are you feeling about our chances tonight? | Syracusefan.com

How are you feeling about our chances tonight?

RF2044

Living Legend
I live in Big 10 country, and have been getting razzed about this game ever since the brackets were announced.

As I was telling Marsh earlier today, surprisingly I feel pretty confident [more accurately: hopeful / optimistic] about how we'll perform.

Indiana is a good team. Maybe even a very good team. But they also lost to the likes of Minnesota, failed to seize #1 multiple times when it was their turn, and are on a 12 game losing streak to Wisconsin. And all of the ostensible "experts" in the sports media prognosticating our loss only serves to fuel my fire--hope the team feels the same way.

We can absolutely lose to them. We can also absolutely beat them--no doubt in my mind.

Tipoff can't get here soon enough!

Let's Go Orange!!!

I'd say 98-99 out of 100 times we would beat our first round opponent Montana. Against Cal, I thought we would win 8 out of 10. Tonight, I think Indiana would win 7 of 10 against us. I could be wrong about that number but I hope one of those 3 is tonight! Let's Go Orange!

I'd say 98-99 out of 100 times we would beat our first round opponent Montana. Against Cal, I thought we would win 8 out of 10. Tonight, I think Indiana would win 7 of 10 against us. I could be wrong about that number but I hope one of those 3 is tonight! Let's Go Orange!
I am of almost exactly the same mind - I think Indiana beats us 6 or 7 times out of ten. When I look at the teams and the numbers and analyze it, my head says to expect a loss. But my gut says this is going to be one of those 3 or 4 times out of ten when we put it together and pull out a big win . . . 1987 demands it.

I am of almost exactly the same mind - I think Indiana beats us 6 or 7 times out of ten. When I look at the teams and the numbers and analyze it, my head says to expect a loss. But my gut says this is going to be one of those 3 or 4 times out of ten when we put it together and pull out a big win . . . 1987 demands it.
1000 80's songs and a trip to the final 4! Believe!

imo if indiana beats us 6 or 7 out of 10 its because our bench and inconsistancy.
Its the ncaa tournament you can rule out both.

Playing with house money .. underdogs .. this will be just plain fun .. LGO!!

I live in Big 10 country, and have been getting razzed about this game ever since the brackets were announced.

As I was telling Marsh earlier today, surprisingly I feel pretty confident [more accurately: hopeful / optimistic] about how we'll perform.

Indiana is a good team. Maybe even a very good team. But they also lost to the likes of Minnesota, failed to seize #1 multiple times when it was their turn, and are on a 12 game losing streak to Wisconsin. And all of the ostensible "experts" in the sports media prognosticating our loss only serves to fuel my fire--hope the team feels the same way.

We can absolutely lose to them. We can also absolutely beat them--no doubt in my mind.

Tipoff can't get here soon enough!

Let's Go Orange!!!

I have a quiet confidence about me. If we happen to lose, then we were "expected" to lose. I am ok with that.

i really like our chances. i think the match up benefits us. Indiana has to make more adjustments then we do. I have a feeling we are the 1 team Indiana would prefer to have not seen, especially this early. We have a huge size advantage, we have a huge advantage to exploit them on the offensive glass, and are one of the few teams that could actually run with them if they choose. I have 2 concerns. While we can offensive rebound against them, the same can be said for them. We must rebound the ball on the defensive end, especially since they will most likely be taking a lot of outside shots. Next Zeller could have a big game. I am worried about him killing us by getting to the foul line, and the same can be said for them as a team. Don't foul. They are a great ft shooting team. Make them earn every basket. I don't trust the refs in a game like this with an aggressive player like Zeller . If we can control Zeller, keep them off the foul line, and rebound the ball on the defensive end we have a great chance. I don't believe we need to play a perfect game or anything like that. We can win without playing great, but we have to play pretty good and knock down some 3's.

nervous, excited, optimistic. our team can beat their team, our individuals cannot.

Just hoping more than anything. Really would love to see this team respond tonight and take them down.

I'm thinking Tom Crean is going to be throwing alot of his players under the bus after tonight. We all know what that means. ;)

Just hoping more than anything. Really would love to see this team respond tonight and take them down.

Yep. In this camp as well. They probably have the better team especially offensively. It's a great matchup.

Playing with house money .. underdogs .. this will be just plain fun .. LGO!!
Not a shot at you zhanjuzi, but I've always had a pet peeve regarding the term house money. Perhaps it's appropriate when it comes to programs like Rutgers. But we are Syracuse damn it - we don't play with house money and if our outside shots are falling, we can beat any team in the nation. LGO!

Who did Seth Davis pick? If he is on Indiana I love the 'Cuse tonight.

Incredibly nervous, excited and anxious.

I am convinced tournament games will cut roughly 5 yeas off my life. My heart can not take it.

hopeful here.. bummed being 90 minutes from dc and my boss dropped a crisis on my desk 2 hours ago so cant make it but can at least watch. Already got rid of my ticket too fyi. anyways i think this will come down to iu- if they can solve the zone they have more weapons than we do. Thats easier said than done. I am confident we will bother them enough that we are in the game or have a lead 25 mins in.. after that I am saying flip a coin.. fouls, our offense all make me nervous.

Diarrhea?
When you're walking down the street and you feel something neat, Diarrhea. Diarrhea.
When you're running into first and you feel a big burst, Diarrhea. Diarrhea.
When you're sliding into third and you found a big turd, Diarrhea. Diarrhea.
When you're coming towards home and you have some foam, Diarrhea. Diarrhea.
When you're swinging through the jungle and your tooshy starts to rumble, Diarrhea. Diarrhea.

That's all I have for now. F Writer's Block.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom