How are you watching this season? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How are you watching this season?

YouTube TV has all of the ESPN channels, Fox Sports channels, CBSSN, and ACCN. The only other option for our games outside of those channels is RSN - which you definitely can’t get on YouTube TV unfortunately. That’s where the Spectrum login comes into play.
Do you need a subscription to YouTube TV or is it the same as having the app? RSN is what screws everything up. Are those games only on spectrum?

What is HTP other than Hail To Pitt? I could come up with witty acronyms but I’m tired and getting up early to set up my classroom in the morning.

What is HTP other than Hail To Pitt? I could come up with witty acronyms but I’m tired and getting up early to set up my classroom in the morning.

I’ve never heard of it before. Where is it, or what did it used to be?

Rt 57, halfway between the village and Rt 31.

Liverpool is not my wheelhouse, so I can't tell you what it used to be.

Will be at as many as I can get to in the dome and at roadies in Chestnut Hill and east Hartford. For the ones I can’t make, anyone in the Boston/New England area on here know of any SU bars out here? All I know of is the Facebook alumni group

Do you need a subscription to YouTube TV or is it the same as having the app? RSN is what screws everything up. Are those games only on spectrum?
Yes, subscription required. I think it’s $69.95 a month now?

Regarding RSN - if you’re in the Syracuse area, that’s YES. Cable subscription is the only platform that carries YES to my knowledge.

It’s had many names since at least the 70’s. Back then the place had two bars on opposite sides of the building. One was the Gin Mill (or was it the Pepper Mill?) which played rock and the other was The Other Side which played country. There were names after that which I forget but then the daughter of Don Cole, who owned the Cole Muffler franchise and Bonnie Castle in Alex Bay, bought it and went through a few names which kept getting shut down supposedly for back taxes.

Now you know the rest of the story. I think.

It was the gin mill/other side in the 70’s-80’s. Rock on one side, dance on the other, great place in hs. It’s been a bunch of other joints since, including a strip club. It’s been an Irish/sports bar/restaurant under various ownership for close to 20 years I’m guessing.

On the East side of downtown im guessing nearer xo taco, im not positive of the specific location. I hope nearer to Wolff’s than not. Im pumped. I love the owners and staff.

Half a block from Wolff's - 300 East Washington, on the corner.

Half a block from Wolff's - 300 East Washington, on the corner.
Home-run.

You get the feeling that side of downtown, and hopefully Hanover, is gaining more traction?

Home games in section 332 and either Sling or YouTube for away games. Worse case scenario internet radio for away games. Wife lost her job so Sling is kind of up in the air right now.

Home-run.

You get the feeling that side of downtown, and hopefully Hanover, is gaining more traction?

Indeed it is, a couple bars should be opening over here in coming months. And that Now and Later location's going to be a home run. XO's expanding in place as well.

“Looking to give Jammers another try”. I’ve said that a few times and it always disappoints. Food is fine….worst service on the planet.

Love Blarney and have heard great things about HTS.

Now and Later is opening a second place? Where?
The old Nynex building across from City Hall.

The old Nynex building across from City Hall.

I know someone in those apartments and he said it was supposed to open Summer of 21 but it keeps pushing back and back... apparently the owners of the building are very tough to work with so that's likely why its been delayed so long Trueblue25 OttoMets

Rt 57, halfway between the village and Rt 31.

Liverpool is not my wheelhouse, so I can't tell you what it used to be.
It used to be a whole bunch of things. Back in the day (I forget the name in the 70s/80s) the legendary local bouncer "Bigfoot" was on the door many nights. ( No one ever said to him, I thought you'd be bigger.)

It used to be a whole bunch of things. Back in the day (I forget the name in the 70s/80s) the legendary local bouncer "Bigfoot" was on the door many nights. ( No one ever said to him, I thought you'd be bigger.)

Bigfoot worked half the places in the county.

I know someone in those apartments and he said it was supposed to open Summer of 21 but it keeps pushing back and back... apparently the owners of the building are very tough to work with so that's likely why its been delayed so long Trueblue25 OttoMets

The owners are definitely not the most on-the-ball. Couple other hang-ups here as I understand it.

There’s a name from the past.

Yep, it was one the busiest spot in the north county in the late 70s. Good times

Worth the wait - love that bar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom