how bad will attendance be | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

how bad will attendance be

I honestly could care less how many people are there at this point.

I for one am glad to be going to the game on Saturday. My daughter, a William & Mary grad, called me up and said lets go up to the game this weekend. She's been to a couple games, including at UVA last year. I expected to be in Colorado by now but fate intervened and now I have another opportunity to cheer for the guys in orange. Games are superb events and though we'll be wildly inconsistent, it will be grand fun. I hope to see you there...

image.jpeg
At Ithaca College a few years back they changed "Homecoming" to "Fall Splash". Worst idea they've had since trying to change the mascot to a flying squirrel.
Yeah same here they changed it at my alma mater to Fallcoming at Hamilton College years ago, and other such PC revisions.

But gotta love the Flying Squirrel, meet the Syracuse football Squirrel soon to be adorned in the orange and Blue and seen at a tailgate near you!

Last edited:
You mean, Orange Central?

Yes, it is.

Of all the moronic #brand things we've ever done, changing the name of Homecoming to Orange Central might be the dumbest.
And that is saying something.
Need i remind you?
upload_2016-9-15_13-44-53.jpeg

It's college football - you have to keep and cherish traditions.

It should be known as "Homecoming"

This is Syracuse you're talking about. SU pisses on tradition.

It's college football - you have to keep and cherish traditions.

It should be known as "Homecoming"

I think a lot of the recent alums were offended by the term, because many people come from difficult homes. By going with "Orange Central", you remove the offensive, stress-inducing word "home".

I'm kidding.

Partly.

Edit: didn't see O13's response.

The schedule on cuse.com says Homecoming. So that's something.

Didn't they also change Parents Weekend to Family Weekend, or People With Some Connection To You That We Don't Want To Put A Label On Weekend?

Oddly, can't find Parents Weekend promoted on the schedule.
I am heading up to "Parents and Family Weekend" at my alma mater to see my freshman son next weekend. I never gave thought to all the PC reasons they may have changed it. All it made me realize was that I could bring my younger son along for the football game etc. It's become a huge to do with hockey games, volleyball games, concerts, comedy shows, hiking and ziplining tours and best of all a "Monty Python and the Holy Grail Quote-Along" at the local theater where I first saw The Wall, Holy Grail, Tommy, etc. 30+ years ago. Something tells me that I, at least, will be in a different state of mind this time!
On a side note: My wife was a little hurt when she asked my son if he wanted to go out to any events after the football game and dinner Saturday and he responded "you mean you're not just going back to the hotel?"

Mom's weekend was always the best as invariably someone's mom would get tanked and start hitting on someone, or worse!
Now, they've got Dad's Weekend!
upload_2016-9-15_15-35-14.png

Can we have an over 40 Dad's needing a hall pass weekend? All kidding aside, Homecoming was never a big deal when I was on the Hill from '87 - 91. Maybe I missed out on the tradition? (I never missed a game in my 4 years)

View attachment 76200
Yeah same here they changed it at my alma mater to Fallcoming at Hamilton College years ago, and other such PC revisions.

But gotta love the Flying Squirrel, meet the Syracuse football Squirrel soon to be adorned in the orange and Blue and seen at a tailgate near you!

I'll make sure I look for it on Saturday!

All I can envision right now is us getting better every game and being 4-2 heading into the VT game - if that happens I predict here and now 44k!

Coach speak - one game at a time - can't wait for 3:30 Saturday! We should know the results of the FSU-Lville game by then (game day noon start - did I read that right)?

See you all in the Dome Sat! Go Orange!

50,000 because I said so.

I would bet on 35k. As much as i love the Friday games, labor day weekend and people still in summer mode and the start of friday hs football really killed us the first few weeks. The weather is gonna be shaky sat, reeling in people from the lakes and hopefully getting people in cfb mode! Great start time and getting to the game logistics are much better on a sat than a friday night when you have a fanbase looking for excuses. Hopefully, we are all pleasantly surprised. Lets get a win, pivotal game for bowl aspirations.

The marketing department had a very good deal for educators so my bet is a crowd of 33,000.

Can we have an over 40 Dad's needing a hall pass weekend

Pretty much covers last Friday night for me.

Possibly one more this season, depending on how the next few weeks look on the field.

Pretty much covers last Friday night for me.

Possibly one more this season, depending on how the next few weeks look on the field.
Bandwagon

ARE YOU GOING?? IF NO THEN ZIP IT AND SHUT YOUR PIEHOLE!!! ONLY PEOPLE WHO GO TO EVERY GAME ARE ALLOWED TO MAKE ANY TYPE OF COMMENT, OBSERVATION, OR QUESTION ABOUT ATTENDANCE!

*Not really, I'm just typing it before someone else does.

I have to give some serious props to those of you who trek up to the dome for every home game.

I have to say that the Dome was a miserable experience last Friday...

We were in section 130 about 9 rows off the field.

The temp was awful. It was simply brutally hot.

The section, at least at the beginning of the game, was packed and people are packed into those benches like sardines...an awful lot of fans in our row who apparently haven't had a salad in a long, long time and were occupying not just their seat but part of the seat next to them...

Plus, we were way too low. If I had seasons, I would want nothing to do with the lower level. I would want to be first few rows of the upper deck at the 50. Those are the best seats in the house.

Of course, going down 21-0 after 3 minutes didn't help matters...The rest of the stuff probably doesn't appear so obvious if it is a competitive game.

I'm now used to going to Metlife for football and the difference between Metlife and the Dome is like the difference between the Ritz and a youth hostel...

Anyway, just wanted to give you guys props for continually making the journey to see what has mostly been a pretty crappy team for the last 17 years...

Louisville put the nail into the coffin for attendance this season, unless there's some miracle and we're riding a 1996-level winning streak going into the Florida State game.
One nail in a coffin can't hold back a motivated corpse! Let's go Orange!

I'll just say this about attendance relative to football...we are so Supercalifragilisticexpialidociously fortunate & lucky today to be in a Power 5 football conference...period!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom