How big are the next 2 games? | Syracusefan.com

How big are the next 2 games?

DonLightfoot

All Conference
Our first four conference games start with three of them at home. Losing to Virginia, while we played like crap, was probably not unexpected. We really need to protect our home turf if we want any kind of positive record in the Conference. Of the remaining nine home games I think we have a "half decent" shot at all of them, with maybe the exception of Duke. Add in maybe two or three road wins and the overall record may not be too bad considering our early losses. Such a scenario would at least give us a hope for a NCAA bid, although the ACC is not ranked as high as previous years right now.

This may be a pipe dream, but I like to be optimistic ;)

Ken Pom has us being 3-1 going into the at VaTech/at Notre Dame/Pittsburgh/at Clemson stretch.

Needless to say if we can go 3-1 in both segments, we’ll be 6-2 when Duke comes to the dome. Then after Duke we get Wake And NC State both at the dome.

The ACC did us a lot of favors schedule wise and we need to take advantage. Honestly if we play well it’s reasonable to see us at 7-1 when Duke comes here February 1st. It’s also easy to see us at 2-6.

You and I know that games and schedules never go as planned. I won‘t be surprised if we are 4-3 after our seven ACC games.

Have to win them both.if we are going to even challenge for the bubble.

Ken Pom has us being 3-1 going into the at VaTech/at Notre Dame/Pittsburgh/at Clemson stretch.

Needless to say if we can go 3-1 in both segments, we’ll be 6-2 when Duke comes to the dome. Then after Duke we get Wake And NC State both at the dome.

The ACC did us a lot of favors schedule wise and we need to take advantage. Honestly if we play well it’s reasonable to see us at 7-1 when Duke comes here February 1st. It’s also easy to see us at 2-6.

This was kind of the one hope I had heading into the season, the schedule is about as manageable as you can hope for an ACC schedule.

You get 6 teams twice, we have: BC, Pitt, Ga Tech, Notre Dame, Virginia, and Va Tech.

If you look at the current Ken Pom ratings, it's actually crazy how few elite teams there are in the conf, Duke, Louisville, FSU, maybe Virginia. NC State is 5th in KP in the conf, but I don't know, nothing special. Of the teams we double up on, Virginia is the only one who is definitely good, Va Tech is probably pretty good. BC and Ga Tech are pretty awful, while Notre Dame and Va Tech are comparable to us.

Home only is Duke, UNC, NC State, and Wake. Before the season I would've thought of the UNC game differently, but now they look pretty meh. Duke is obviously way better than us, but you get them at home, it gives you a shot to get a statement win.

road only: Louisville, Clemson, FSU, Miami. Lousville and FSU are probably the second and third best teams in the conf, getting them on the road is tough. the other 2 are winnable games where we may be favored.

Really, it took me going through this to realize how down the ACC seems to be, especially past the top 2 teams. Last year, 3-6 in the conf were, per KP: 7,13,14,23. This year, it's 20, 30, 35, 47.

was trying just to be a wise guy, but now I want to try this beer. Maybe during the game

The product on the court has made it so we will play entertaining games and we should win these next two games.
Problem is we don’t have a large margin for error so our best players have to play well as we won’t get anything from the bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom